GardenBargains

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

sharniedubs

Registered Shopper
Wasn't sure if this is the right place but it is on Ideal World.
My first post and it is a moan..sorry..
I ordered bedding plants on the 28th April should I be annoyed at having to wait until the 28th May for delivery and that is a maybe delivery.
Telephoned the number given for Garden bargains only to get an Indian callcentre and barely speakable english but I work out she was telling me the 28th May.
Emails are returned addressed to wrong person, I sent a reply saying so and reply came back to same wrong person.:sad:
Has anyone any experience of this company.

I ordered bedding plants on the 28th April should I be annoyed at having to wait until the 28th May for delivery and that is a maybe delivery.
Telephoned the number given for Garden bargains only to get an Indian callcentre and barely speakable english but I work out she was telling me the 28th May.
Emails are returned addressed to wrong person, I sent a reply saying so and reply came back to same wrong person.:sad:

I ordered easyfill hanging baskets on 20th April and they have just arrived today, 24 days later. Are you sure you are contacting garden bargains and not Ideal World customer services as this sounds more like the disgusting customer care given by Ideal World, who incidentally seem to be based in India.

Hope you get you plants soon.

Hello, Sharniedubs, welcome to the forum :flower:

I've order loads from Garden Bargains via I/W and have never had any cause for concern, imo they are a very professional company - great packaging on delicate plug seedlings right through to secure delivery on tall and bushy shrubs and fruit trees....I also think you've mistakenly phoned I/Ws customer service (spit)

Don't go by their estimated delivery times, they are pure fiction....I've just posted a thread regarding my 2 cd roms due to be delivered on christmas day ......it's all part of the wacky world that sometimes can be far from ideal :giggle:

I ordered a fruit tree from them and it took about 2 weeks to come but was a very good plant, well packaged etc.

They have a web site so order from them direct next time.

I used the number on their brochure 08454 689 689 and the contact box on their website.
It was definitely an Indian call centre, there was a delay after I finished speaking and I could hear myself like an echo.
When I contacted Ideal World the person advised contacting GB direct so I did, I had previously ordered the easyfill hanging baskets, hence ordering so much bedding plants. Ah well, I have asked they cancel the order, if the plants are tiny when they eventually arrive I can see them not blooming until October.

Like you I ordered goods from this company on the 13th April and was told by email a delivery time of 14 days. I had originally gone to the Ideal World website to order goods as shown on the GB's TV show but was re -routed on the web to the GB website.
Having ordered 2 sets of 4 Oleanders, 2 canary palms and 2 black bamboos I was sent a confirmation email. I noticed that the deal I was getting for the palms was NOT as per IW but was more expensive and so a call to the GB help line followed which luckily then was not situated in the Indian continent but 'up north' somewhere, they grudgingly adjusted the amount charged and that was that.
Fast forward - well not so fast as it happens to today a full 4 weeks after ordering and the Oleanders arrive not looking anything like those shown on the IW show, they were nice and bushy mine are leggy and spindly, BUT what is worse is that the deal on IW was for one white, one pink, one red and one cream. Mine have arrived today and I get two red, one pink and one unnamed plus another set the same. So no yellow/cream then and no Canary Palms and no bamboo. So I phoned the UK number for their customer helpline ( a normal number not one of these 0845 rubbish things that are not counted in your phone bundles) and guess what it rang and it rang and it rang with no answer. So with much regret I used the 0845 number and yes I went straight through to India to speak to a poor fellow who couldn't understand what I was saying - after a long 4p per minute conversation he advised me that the offer I had ordered was for two red, one white, one pink (I would never have ordered two of just one colour, how stupid is that) and that the rest of my order would eb arriving within 14 days - that 6 weeks from the order date - disgusting if you ask me. OK so maybe they have been the victim of their own success - so take on more staff, email customers to advise them of delays and keep to the same offers as shown on TV not different ones. How was I supposed to know that a company owned by IW and having shows on IW would have a website which you get to via IW's website that would charge differently and apparently have different offers on the same products.
Incidentally one thing on GB's side is that if you order from IW via telephone you delivery on every item, order from GB's website direct and there's just one p and p no matter what you order at the moment I have emailed them but they never replied except for a standard auto email receipt to anything I sent them in the past week or so - therefore I'm not holding my breath. Not sure I will go back to them again.

Ordered 15 Skyscraper Lily Bulbs and a Pair of 1.5m Phoenix Canariensis on the Birthday weekend 17th April (free P+P) - My account gave delivery at 6th May for both Items - Surprisingly 1st May the lily bulbs turned - well impressed. On Queue the Canarensis arrived May 6th - Left with a Neighbour as I was at work. All looked well but on unpacking the 2 X 1.5m had magic'd themselves in to 3 X 1 Litre plants, the enclosed invoice claiming they were 2 x 1.5 - not very impressed, they had also been cute with the packing the 3rd plant was stood on the top of the pots of the other 2, giving the impression the package was as described 1.5m high.

Dropped E-mails to both Ideal and Garden Bargains but a week on No reply - so all in all a mixed bag from my first Gardenbargains order, I did debate carving up the 3rd plant in two and sticking it on the other two ...but thought that wasn't such a great idea, even if it did then give 2 x 1.5 plants !!!

Ideal World ARE garden bargains, it was on the news a while ago that IW purchased the company officially. Matt Wright (IW owners son) is high up in the company, seems from what I remember they bought it and then built it up and IW bought it back.

Seriously why do you think its on every sodding hour?

You are correct cheesecake, I did some googling and IdealWorld acquired GardenBargains in Dec 2009 for £5 million.
On Ideal World today on a gardensbargains show they are selling all the same plants that I have ordered!!
if they cannot fulfil my order how the heck can they complete ones made today. The query I made on their comment form on the 14th has gone unaswered despite a pop up message saying I would be replied to in 24 hours.

Ideal World never answer emails, the only way to get through to CS is to phone them.

This was to be one of the issues that Mike Hancox was going to address when he took over, but never did.

Today they are saying it is now 21 working days for delivery, so they will arrive in mid June and this is far too late to plant up.

I have found that the actual quality is very good for the plants I have ordered and delivery has been very hit or miss, but that may be down to the courier.

They need to get their act together on delivery times and keep the customer informed.

My plant magic was delivered today, it was ordered FIVE days ago so I am a happy bunny about that.
There was a telephone number with the instructions on how to use it, so i telephoned and asked about my missing plants, spoke to a person who wasn't a furriner and she assures me I will have my plants before the end of the week, I am not a happy bunny about that though. My baskets are usually planted
up by the second week in April and sit in the greenhouse till the frosts have passed. I was prepared for them to be a bit longer this year as I did order the easy baskets, but I didn't expect to still be waiting on plants weeks after the baskets were delivered, sorry if am going on and on.
The telephone number is 01778 382522 I did have to let it ring for a wee while.

The rest of my order arrived today, two 'person height' canary palms as illustrated on IW as being as tall as the presenters have shrunk to just over two feet high (in their pots) and GB have sent another to make up for their lack of height. So that's three palms for the price of two but well under half the height they should be. Two black bamboos OK but not as big as shown on TV by any stretch of the imagination, oh and no call back from GB's CS dept as promised in the email - the jury is still out here I'm afraid. Good not bad but certainly NOT as shown on IW.

My plants did not arrive at the end of last week as promised, gave it till tuesday this week, phoned again and was told "sorry i will call packaging now and have them sent, you will have them by the end of next week"!! No thank you I said please just cancel order and refund my money. Okay she said you will have a cheque in two days.

Came home yesterday after lunchtime and plants were sitting on doorstep. They dont listen and have lost a customer who would spend along with her daughters and sisters a lot of money.
I think they are a victim of their own success , I feel one too.

Frustration!!!!

I have today sent e-mail to [email protected] hoping that I can get some help with garden items ordered. Since I found out that the call centre for IW and Garden Bargains is based in India I will not be purchasing again. E-mails have not been answered and I have to call them back to find out where my purchases are. I think it is a complete shambles and will be looking at other garden websites in the future.

Idealworld and Garden Bargains

My thanks to Graham for forwarding my e-mail which was passed to the appropriate department, and I received a phone call this morning from the admin office in UK, who are sorting everything out for me.

My thanks to Graham for forwarding my e-mail which was passed to the appropriate department, and I received a phone call this morning from the admin office in UK, who are sorting everything out for me.

Hi, please do not get too excited about having a phone call from their admin office...I have been having problems with them since april 27th regarding an order and have had several emails and calls from them promising I would get my items and i still have not received them:angry:

Ideal World and Gardenbargains.com

I'm not holding my breath, but at least I did get an acknowledgement. I also found out that CS although based in India can call customers back to update on progress of orders still outstanding. Not sure they will respond to e-mails but I live in hope. I don't think I will be ordering anything else from either Ideal World or Gardenbargains, it's too much hassle if things go wrong. I'll let you know if the said items, due to be despatched on Friday, duly arrive. I hope so, cos at 20p a minute now to call, it's no joke.

hi,
i seriously hope you get on better than i have...the item was supposed to have been delivered today...but guess what no item again...this was promised by the people from garden bargains who i have been directly in contact with....so feel like :headbang:

hi,
i seriously hope you get on better than i have...the item was supposed to have been delivered today...but guess what no item again...this was promised by the people from garden bargains who i have been directly in contact with....so feel like :headbang:

Part of my outstanding orders were delivered Wednesday. Hurray!! Now waiting for rest to arrive from Ideal World.

Am expecting a delivery direct from GB within the next week, so fingers crossed. But to be fair items that I ordered from them direct last year arrive well within the delivery time stated and were in excellent condition as have all the plants ordered.

Hello bubblydolphin, last year you made your order before they fell into the clutches of Ideal World in Dec 2009. The plants we received after cancelling them were tiny but in excellent condition, I have had to pass most of them on to relatives though as I had filled all my baskets with plants bought from Homebase and B&Q.

Latest posts

Back