Fuming!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

gemcherub

Registered Shopper
In the last 30 mins i have had 2 items taken out my basket an 18k white gold pair of Zultanite earrings for £40 and an 18k white gold diamond and Emerald ring for £60 both fab bargain prices and now both gone :(

How annoying. How long did you have it in the basket?

30 minutes max! i have called customer services to be told i have had a restriction but on my account out of the blue and thats why they were removed but when i asked why 6 other items were left in there she said it maybe the web, so i am unsure if i do have a restriction on my account or its the web?
But i have only kept all my latest purchases, i haven't cancelled any orders so i don't see why i would have had a restriction put on my account, it better be an error after the thousands i have spent with them over the years and they do this! its not like they can afford to turn away custom is it?
I have emailed Andy so i will wait to see what he has to say before i go off on one lol

GC I am assuming that the removed items are no longer in stock now! Hope Andy has an explanation for you.

Hi GC,

I think they've gone into meltdown. I've been buying from the web clearance and browsing for yonks but now I've lost my page and can't get back to the site, yet I can order from the phone.

Hope they can sort you out. I strongly suspect we are competing with traders at these prices. I've bought goodies for my nurses, really nice little pieces for £10-£15 and I thought they'd have fun with a lucky dip. I do hope I haven't lost anything. xxxxxx

Hi GC,

I think they've gone into meltdown. I've been buying from the web clearance and browsing for yonks but now I've lost my page and can't get back to the site, yet I can order from the phone.

Hope they can sort you out. I strongly suspect we are competing with traders at these prices. I've bought goodies for my nurses, really nice little pieces for £10-£15 and I thought they'd have fun with a lucky dip. I do hope I haven't lost anything. xxxxxx

Argey you are so thoughtful buying for your nurses xxx

Sorry to hear that Cherub, those prices sound almost too good to be true. I can't access their website at all now........:dull:.......is it being overloaded? Trouble is with dippy James he only ever mentions the phone lines...so I don't hope for any updates from him!

Just rang them and they have the IT bods working feverishly away to fix the problem......hope we don't have to wait tooooo long. :clock:

Last edited:
Argey you are so thoughtful buying for your nurses xxx

This was an answer to my babblings to self about what I could for them at an appropriate time. Choccies and tights, etc. all so boring. Fortunately as I had lots of little bits, I had to empty my basket as it was full, so fingers crossed. xxxxx

Hi gemcherub, that's so bad doing this and not telling you why? didn't this happen to a st member a while ago also? think i can remember something very similar, hope you get some answers quick, in my experience they do 'over' sell in these clearance days I've had this happen to me in the past where item was in my basket and then disapeared within 10 minutes, so miss the good old days of gemstv when you could rely on them :sad:

Don't think this is just a clearance day. Have you read yesterdays forum News from Gems, being bought out by guess who...............:flower:

I also think its some coincidence the web has gone down when there is a clearance on!
Me thinks they would rather take telephone orders, so people can't pop things in their basket and leave it!

Website has gone now,

Gems TV are currently having problems with a few gremlins.

We apologise for any inconvenience you may experience and would like to assure you that our team is working hard to resolve any difficulties.

We hope to be back to normal shortly but in the meantime if you have any urgent queries please contact [email protected] and one of our Customer Service Team will be pleased to assist.

See us on on SKY TV channels 646 and 660
Virgin Media channel 755 and 756

Please call 0845 612 2000 to make a purchase

It's infuriating that it keeps coming and going! :confused:

Meanwhile I have a discount code for 7% for £50+ orders, can anyone improve on that?

It's infuriating that it keeps coming and going! :confused:

Meanwhile I have a discount code for 7% for £50+ orders, can anyone improve on that?

Lol Sacha - they'll be paying you to take it away! :mysmilie_480: xxxxx

I've got a few things in my basket and went to check out on the web but couldn't. I phoned Gems to ask them to checkout my order instead as I had enough with the website not working, but she couldn't do it because the computer system wasn't working for them either! It seems nobody can buy anything til the computers are fixed.

UPDATE...........Andy called me this morning to say there are no restrictions on my account at all and he was sorry for any inconvenience, he is so lovely and genuinely cares x
So i threw my toys out of the pram for nothing lol

UPDATE...........Andy called me this morning to say there are no restrictions on my account at all and he was sorry for any inconvenience, he is so lovely and genuinely cares x
So i threw my toys out of the pram for nothing lol
Awww Cherub, does that mean you ended up with nothing? But judging by another thread on here a certain
very canny shopper.....mentioning no names
...:smirk:.....may have some rather nice pieces to spare? :giggle:

Latest posts

Back