TJC's Tanzanite Day - Export Ban News

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Avid

Registered Shopper
I've just been watching TJC's tanzanite day and Stacey mentioned that the Tanzanian Government has banned the export of raw tanzanite - TJC are currently running this as 'Breaking News' and are incoporating this info into their sales pitch.

I found a link to the news story (date 28-04-10) for those who are interested: http://diamondworld.net/contentview.aspx?item=4889

I've just been watching TJC's tanzanite day and Stacey mentioned that the Tanzanian Government has banned the export of raw tanzanite - TJC are currently running this as 'Breaking News' and are incoporating this info into their sales pitch.

I found a link to the news story (date 28-04-10) for those who are interested: http://diamondworld.net/contentview.aspx?item=4889
I should add that it states: " ...Tanzanite One (TNZ.L), will not be affected by the new ownership rules."

Oh what a coincidence that TJC just happen to have a tanzanite day too!! :rolleyes: Scaremongering again.....they pulled the same stroke a few weeks ago when they were banging on about a diamond shortage and nothing has been heard since. :cool2:

Oh what a coincidence that TJC just happen to have a tanzanite day too!! :rolleyes: Scaremongering again.....they pulled the same stroke a few weeks ago when they were banging on about a diamond shortage and nothing has been heard since. :cool2:

I have thought exactly the same thing as you ppc! Do they really think we are going to be taken in by this "breaking news"? :wonder:

I have thought exactly the same thing as you ppc! Do they really think we are going to be taken in by this "breaking news"? :wonder:

Stacey was at her frenzied best.

As far as I could tell, the marketing pitch worked. I think a lot of people were taken in by it as the pieces appeared to be selling faster than normal.

All in all, a very cunning piece of work from TJC's marketing team :bandit:

Stacey was at her frenzied best.

In other words, gabbling incoherently. :rolleyes:

All in all, a very cunning piece of work from TJC's marketing team :bandit:
The report also states "Current agreements with foreign mining companies remain unchanged" so this hype is purely a cynical marketing ploy by TJC to dupe people into panic buying.
:angry:

I have to say in TJC's defence that they did clearly state that this news did not effect them however they are certainly cashing in on the gullible folk who believe all the hype!

Sorry to say but personally I couldn't care less if I never saw another piece of Tanzanite in my life! I'm afraid TJC have completely put me off this gemstone with their constant Tanzanite overdose shows. With Tanzanite today and Diamonds tomorrow I for one will not be watching any TJC this weekend. Mind you, from what Avid was saying about Screaching Stacey's frenzy it's just as well really or I just might end up with a visit to the local casualty department!

TJC also said that the price of Tanzanite is to rise due to increasing demand from china and other countries, probably why people were buying, as today’s prices will probably not be the same as next months prices, but who knows?

Mind you, from what Avid was saying about Screaching Stacey's frenzy it's just as well really or I just might end up with a visit to the local casualty department!

Lol! I think Stacey was well suited to this type of sales pitch she did really well; all that frenetic energy and and fast talking. Quite exciting if you like that sort of thing... (but hey, I know you dont) :grin:

Latest posts

Back