Dell Netbook TSV - 2 Questons!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Topaz

Registered Shopper
Do those of you who bought this get the full 8 hours of battery life? So far the maximum mine shows after being fully charged is about 6 hours. Also, do you find it gets very warm when used for a while. I know laptops do get warm but I was wondering if there is a maximum period you're supposed to have them switched on.

The netbook gets warm or quite hot depending on the tasks it is doing. For instance if you are watching a youtube video the processor will be working overtime and get hot.
When you say it is getting hot, it is best to have it so it get air to it, so do not have it on your lap, instead use it on a table, where the air is able to flow freely.

Battery life depends on processor usage, so more intence uses like youtube will run it down quicker.
Also having wifi, bluetooth switched on when not needed will use battery quicker as will how bright you have the screen set to.
6 hours is good, my new Sony laptop only gets 2 hours and my Medion netbook get about 5.5 hours.

As long as it has enough airflow a netbook can be left on till the battery runs out without a problem

The netbook gets warm or quite hot depending on the tasks it is doing. For instance if you are watching a youtube video the processor will be working overtime and get hot.
When you say it is getting hot, it is best to have it so it get air to it, so do not have it on your lap, instead use it on a table, where the air is able to flow freely.

Battery life depends on processor usage, so more intence uses like youtube will run it down quicker.
Also having wifi, bluetooth switched on when not needed will use battery quicker as will how bright you have the screen set to.
6 hours is good, my new Sony laptop only gets 2 hours and my Medion netbook get about 5.5 hours.

Thanks Simon. I've mainly been using it for things like Shopping Telly Forum browsing and QVC shopping and have it on, connected via the dongle, for a few hours at a time. I fully charged it last night, switched it on this morning and it said 98%, 7 hours 2 mins. As soon as I connected to the internet it changed to 5 hours and a number of minutes. So it lost 2 hours just by connecting to the internet.

Latest posts

Back