Going back on my word

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

B

Boycie

Guest Shopper
I said in a thread the other day that I was going to give Julia's ego trip with Simon Wilson + mum + daughter a miss but it's funny how I have found myself at 11.45 tuned into QVC, knowing that the show I said I wouldn't watch is on in 15 mins. Hope I don't sound like a sad cow, but my husband has just gone to bed (he is working overtime tomorrow) and the first thing I did when he went upstairs is turn to QVC! I think its just a comforting background noise - a land where everything is chirpy and cheery. Does anyone else find themselves tuning in when they never thought they would? Do I need professional help?!!
:taphead:

I just got in a short while ago and made a brew and came on here. Now I'm thinking there's only five minutes to wait so maybe I should just catch the start of the show. I know I won't be tempted to buy anything but fancy watching out of curiosity. So that's two of us who need help!

I ALWAYS tune into the TSV even if I've already found out the details.

I don't think there's any hope for me but you can save yourselves by turning off now :) :)

Can I join you all ?
Hubby had come upstairs with his net book for me to have a quicky look doing so he was snoring away.
I was thinking I could nip down and see the start of the show.
Checked on here for news of the TSV tease, saw this tread thought oh well - now I'm downstairs watching.
:tongue:

Thank God its not just me!!! thanks everyone!!! I'm still not tempted to buy but am strangely still watching. Have spent £120 on various things (L'Occitane, peridot earrings, Ojon and Alpha Try Me) using the HAPPY5 easypay code so I think that's enough splurging for me!

I so agree about QVC being quite comforting. No matter what's going on in your own life, you know they'll all be there entertaining or irritating in turn but as the op said, always chirpy and cheerful. I liken it to Corrie :blush:

(Mum writes)

Mostly but sometimes it's so dull it's depressing. I feel - and this is sad - that my lifeline is taken away when they have hours of dross and I have to resort to scouring the EPG looking for something to watch. This usually happens when Richard Jackson is at large (or small as that case is). I like the fashion (as it used to be) and beauty, because, despite being a "woman of age", I can sit and hope. I know that someone in another thread said her hubby loved the DIY and was sad there wasn't more of it. I suggest he looks elsewhere - most TV is "bloke orientated" and there's plenty of it out there. QVC is for us ladies :)

What's even worse, a few years ago I would even arrange to have a day off work if there was something on that I really fancied. I haven't found that I'd want to do that in a long time now.

I said in a thread the other day that I was going to give Julia's ego trip with Simon Wilson + mum + daughter a miss but it's funny how I have found myself at 11.45 tuned into QVC, knowing that the show I said I wouldn't watch is on in 15 mins. Hope I don't sound like a sad cow, but my husband has just gone to bed (he is working overtime tomorrow) and the first thing I did when he went upstairs is turn to QVC! I think its just a comforting background noise - a land where everything is chirpy and cheery. Does anyone else find themselves tuning in when they never thought they would? Do I need professional help?!!
:taphead:

JR mentioned that her "mummy" would be appearing on the 6pm show. I presume that means daughter too. I feel sorry for the poor woman - apparently she's very nervous about coming on and I wonder how much she really wants to.

JR mentioned that her "mummy" would be appearing on the 6pm show. I presume that means daughter too. I feel sorry for the poor woman - apparently she's very nervous about coming on and I wonder how much she really wants to.

Her blog says her mum is on during 6pm show and Sophie during the 10pm show.

well the past times sophies been wheeled on she looked like she wished the ground would swallow her up so lord knows how JR's mum must be feeling i'll be nosy lol just to see if she looks good for her age sure i once heard julia say she's in her 80s don't mean that in a horrible way just curiosity see what JR will turn into hehe

I can't wait to see Julia's mum, how deeply sad does that make me? Not bought anything for ages and ages but still watch as it is comforting in an odd way. When I was not working due to illness and my concentration was awful QVC was all I could manage and as others have said, there's never anything "nasty" going on (well on air at least!) and it also makes me laugh in its parallel universe sort of way, where all is wonderful and fabulous and everything suits everyone and will enhance all of our lives. Tho when I am in a mood I think "What a load of tosh"!!!

Julia's mum has obviously decided to stand out by wearing something very subtle compared to the gaudiness of a lot of the B & W items. She looks rather uncomfortable to me.

Latest posts

Back