Question about Visible Brilliance from Elemis

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

beautyqueen

Registered Shopper
Does anyone use Visible Brilliance? I have a bottle of it but use another sreum morning and night. Could I just use this when my skin needs and extra boost or when I'm going out? Has anyone found that it has worked for them?

Does anyone use Visible Brilliance? I have a bottle of it but use another sreum morning and night. Could I just use this when my skin needs and extra boost or when I'm going out? Has anyone found that it has worked for them?

I'm sure you can beautyqueen. I love the majority of Elemis products but have to say that after using a whole bottle of this I honestly didn't notice any difference to my skin, either beneficial or adverse. Possible because I have quite a bright complexion anyway, I really didn't need it. Using it as a boost when you do need it sounds like a good idea to me.

I'm sure you can beautyqueen. I love the majority of Elemis products but have to say that after using a whole bottle of this I honestly didn't notice any difference to my skin, either beneficial or adverse. Possible because I have quite a bright complexion anyway, I really didn't need it. Using it as a boost when you do need it sounds like a good idea to me.

I had a bottle of this and as Mam says it did nothing for me in the slightest. I was whinging about this over on MSE and another member suggested I contact Elemis. So I did and they said that basically if your skin is not lack lustre not to use it. Sadly Keeley wasn't saying this when she was flogging it on QVC! x

I am using the bottle I got in a TSV. Now I did get a sample and used it and noticed my skin seemed smoother. But as I use my bottle in the morning I just stopped noticing any real difference, so perhaps now skin has now reached that level and I don't really need it now.

Hate stopping a bottle half way through so will use this up. Also as I use the Clarisonic that could also be the reason my skin has reached its peak.

I have just been watching Elemis show and thought that Keeley's skin didn't look that great IMHO

I thought that she had deep lines on her forehead and her neck didn't look great

if you want real results try alpha-h i found that elemis smell nice and has lovely textures but considering the prices and hype the results are not awesome but alpha-h is fantastic.:rock:

I too have used a whole bottle with no difference to my skin in the sense that a normal treatment serum would. I could have sworn Keeley said yesterday that this wasn't a treatment product but more of a 'visual' product in that your skin looks radiant (which is does) then my immediate thought was that is was an awful lot of money for something you could easily do with make up. :wonder:

now ive been useing the little size that i got with the tsv and i can see a difference when i use it, i only use it during the day, my skin is not good though its never bright or glowing just spotty:confused:
Ive been useing it with bliss capsuals(not sure if your suposed to) they make a huge difference to my skin.I supose what suits one wont another

now ive been useing the little size that i got with the tsv and i can see a difference when i use it, i only use it during the day, my skin is not good though its never bright or glowing just spotty:confused:
Ive been useing it with bliss capsuals(not sure if your suposed to) they make a huge difference to my skin.I supose what suits one wont another

sounds like we have similar skin types Overtherainbow, mine is far from brilliant in any sense of the word, but is very oily and spot-prone.

None of the Elemis range has ever done a thing for me and I've tried the lot including this serum, the bliss capsules and also the tri-enzyme range.

I resorted to a course of facial resurfacers, and combined with Alpha H and Akin I'm finally seeing results - but as you say what suits one won't suit another, think it's trial and error a lot of the time and at least we have our 30 MGB with QVC.

Ohhhh so it is more like that clarins flash balm then. I wonder why she tells people to put it on at night then. Seems silly.

Beauty Flash is really suppose to be a mask and not used everyday as many do.
It contains rice brand which can dry up your skin with over use. So if oily it will make it more oily as the oil goes into overdrive to replenish the lost oil.

Jabba's daughter had a real nightmare with Alpha H, ended up having to go to a derm because of the damage it caused. So always patch test before using.

I know with mild roseaca I would never use the Elemis Tri stuff, the Papaya mask makes me itch like mad.

Beauty Flash is really suppose to be a mask and not used everyday as many do.
It contains rice brand which can dry up your skin with over use. So if oily it will make it more oily as the oil goes into overdrive to replenish the lost oil.

Jabba's daughter had a real nightmare with Alpha H, ended up having to go to a derm because of the damage it caused. So always patch test before using.

I know with mild roseaca I would never use the Elemis Tri stuff, the Papaya mask makes me itch like mad.

I've never had a problem with Alpha H Donna, but it is strong stuff so definitely agree it should always be patch tested first.
& think I've got skin like a rhino :eek: these resurfacers I'm having are pretty powerful, my therapist said with a lot of her clients she can only leave the treatments on the skin for 2 mins, I go the full 10 mins with barely a tingle....:thinking:

sounds like we have similar skin types Overtherainbow, mine is far from brilliant in any sense of the word, but is very oily and spot-prone.

None of the Elemis range has ever done a thing for me and I've tried the lot including this serum, the bliss capsules and also the tri-enzyme range.

I resorted to a course of facial resurfacers, and combined with Alpha H and Akin I'm finally seeing results - but as you say what suits one won't suit another, think it's trial and error a lot of the time and at least we have our 30 MGB with QVC.

now i tried alpha h and my skin went mentle, i wanted to hide indoors for weeks after lol
no lasting damage just a face full of massive spots, nice.Iv tried everything i really have, iv been on roaccutane for 6 months and everything but they stll come back.
The skin bliss capsuals are the only thing that seems to help mind you though i do have to do a 2 month cource of them!I use tri-enzyme wash too which i think helps but i only use in the mornings as it can give me dry patches.Now iv mostly got my breakouts down to just at that time of the month and it goes a bit mad but clears up after a few days.When i get stressed though my skin erupts.I just have to accept iv inherited crappy skin:confused::confused:

.When i get stressed though my skin erupts.I just have to accept iv inherited crappy skin:confused::confused:

Snap! I couldn't even use water on my face a few months ago it was so reactive.

I can't use the TriEnzyme wash - made my t-zone go into over drive, and I was getting a new spot more or less every day. Stopped using it and the oil dried up as did the spots. Bliss caps make my chin go reddy/purple so I think Elemis is a no-no for me.

Snap! I couldn't even use water on my face a few months ago it was so reactive.

I can't use the TriEnzyme wash - made my t-zone go into over drive, and I was getting a new spot more or less every day. Stopped using it and the oil dried up as did the spots. Bliss caps make my chin go reddy/purple so I think Elemis is a no-no for me.

Tri-enzyme didn't do anything for me one way or the other, neither did anything else from Elemis or Decleor come to that!

I find Alpha-H really good but as mentioned it is most definitely not suitable for everyone, but the thing I think has really helped is A'Kin rosehip oil. Since using that my skin has been much less oily, and has calmed right down in terms of spots.
I've still got poor skin texture, and open/blocked pores though which is why I'm having the resurfacing treatments. They are pricey but not really in comparison to all the money I've wasted on the latest greatest miracle cure alls from QVC over the years......!

now i tried alpha h and my skin went mentle, i wanted to hide indoors for weeks after lol
no lasting damage just a face full of massive spots, nice.Iv tried everything i really have, iv been on roaccutane for 6 months and everything but they stll come back.
The skin bliss capsuals are the only thing that seems to help mind you though i do have to do a 2 month cource of them!I use tri-enzyme wash too which i think helps but i only use in the mornings as it can give me dry patches.Now iv mostly got my breakouts down to just at that time of the month and it goes a bit mad but clears up after a few days.When i get stressed though my skin erupts.I just have to accept iv inherited crappy skin:confused::confused:

I really feel for you. I am 34 and have recurring outbreaks of moderate to severe acne, which I've been battling for 20 years. I've been on various meds for this, and they often work for a couple of years, then they stop having an effect, the spots come back and I have to try something else. The last outbreak I had has left me with terrible scarring along my lower cheeks and jawline, which I am praying will fade over time. I have been alternating with A'Kin rosehip oil and Alpha H to get rid of the scars.
I know the spots will return eventually (they always do). Roaccutane is the only medication I haven't tried yet - it's strong stuff but it may be a last resort for me. I have tried ABC Tea Tree Skin Wash, various SBC gels and the Liz Earle range from QVC but have to say, none of them helped to ease my spots. I don't think QVC sell enough ranges that deal with spot prone skin. Its all anti-aging stuff.
I might give the elemis Skin Bliss capsules a try once I've used up some of my A'kin and Alpha H stockpile! Best of luck xxx

Latest posts

Back