The camera shots..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lemonsqueezy

Nice 'n Easy...
are most deffinately closer of late exposing the fine/deep lines/wrinkles of the presenters and guests.
What's going on???????
Looking at Julia and Keeley now there is not much evidence of the plump dewy, young looking line free skin we are promised,both look refreshingly ordinary for their respective ages and no better than most.
Thankfully it reassures me personally that I do not need to waste my money on over priced over hyped skin care products, as ageing is an inevitable ireversible process and probably lifestyle and genetics play a bigger part than any pot of cream!!:happy:

:wait:
Keeley needs to dig out that leopard print scarf she once wore and cut herself a fringe. :bandit:
I can honestly say two and half years off 50, serious illness with six months treatment now on DC with 3 1/2 stone weight loss.
I certainly have a lot less lines than Keeley, sadly doesn't sway me to buy a pot of £75 cream.
Neither does a the statements from pop princess Cheryl Coyle and Emma Bunton.
I dare say I'm not on my own, I'm sure there's many other forum members have even better skin than myself.
I personally also feel it maybe a good idea that Julia should have a change from doing Elemis I'm finding her far to in Keeley's pocket at present.
:flower:

was staring at the lines on keeleys forehead couldn't help it agree with julia doing too much elemis someone else should have a go

totally agree that Julia needs to be more objective about Elemis, but for me Keeley is the skin care equivalent of Kim Mendleson,verbal diahorrea and could talk a glass eye to sleep!

I would dump it in rm101 without a second thought.

I don't know if anyone else was watching a show a while back when she clearly said something along the lines of they hated her being in on meetings at Elemis, as she asked and demanded information / answers.
Do they perhaps have something to hide or something to be worried about or have short falls ?
Either way if Keeley thought it inspired me to buy it didn't.

:flower:

Perhaps the upclose shots are meant to prepare the presenters (and us) for when they start broadcasting in HD ?

Linda

I was about to say HD, quite a few tv shows are already in HD ITV have HD. So they already could be filmed in HD.

So we have Lulu stretched and pumped her stuff must work.:tongue:
Or normal women will wrinkles etc selling stuff to help you look not too bad.

Heads up: Nothing which comes out of a pot or jar will stop you getting wrinkles and aging. But they can perhaps stop you looking as bad if you didn't use them.

Think of the women living in other countries who never used creams etc, they all look 80 years infact they might only be 30 years old.

are most deffinately closer of late exposing the fine/deep lines/wrinkles of the presenters and guests.
What's going on???????
Looking at Julia and Keeley now there is not much evidence of the plump dewy, young looking line free skin we are promised,both look refreshingly ordinary for their respective ages and no better than most.
Thankfully it reassures me personally that I do not need to waste my money on over priced over hyped skin care products, as ageing is an inevitable ireversible process and probably lifestyle and genetics play a bigger part than any pot of cream!!:happy:

I'm glad it's not just me that noticed, it's been driving me nuts all weekend in the Smashbox hours! The whole show was just the presenters face square in the camera shot, to the extent that when they held anything up for a close up, it couldn't be seen what with all the guff QVC put on the screen as well about what we might also like to buy etc. Seeing AY's weird lips and teeth combo that close up for three hours made me feel a bit ill....back to the old style camera work please!!!

I thought AY's skin close up looked gorgeous. She has very fine-textured porcelain skin, which looks very clear and radiant. I think she is a real advert for skincare.

I thought AY's skin close up looked gorgeous. She has very fine-textured porcelain skin, which looks very clear and radiant. I think she is a real advert for skincare.

She has nice skin on her facial AREA but you could sow spuds in the furrows in her eye AREA, such are the dark circles and hollow bits. I also think Nina and Alison from Smashbox did a great job with her makeup at the weekend, they always make her look very nice. I still don't want to see her that close up though...

The mention of Cheryl Cole every time PCMC airs really annoys me.

For a start, she is a very young woman and thus would be expected to have pretty good, line-free skin at that age - with or without premium skincare. It does nothing to convince me of the effectiveness of that product to continually use her as an example.

Secondly, lovely looking as she is - and she's a beautiful girl - she is always very heavily made up - almost 'overdone' in my opinion. I find it a bit insulting that the presenters always use these high maintenance woman as examples of what we should aspire to - primped and groomed to within an inch of their lives. As though any sort of more natural beauty is unacceptable.

I take good care of my skin, and like to get glammed up occasionally, but I really would like to see some examples that don't all derive from 'Heat' magazine.

The mention of Cheryl Cole every time PCMC airs really annoys me.

For a start, she is a very young woman and thus would be expected to have pretty good, line-free skin at that age - with or without premium skincare. It does nothing to convince me of the effectiveness of that product to continually use her as an example.

Secondly, lovely looking as she is - and she's a beautiful girl - she is always very heavily made up - almost 'overdone' in my opinion. I find it a bit insulting that the presenters always use these high maintenance woman as examples of what we should aspire to - primped and groomed to within an inch of their lives. As though any sort of more natural beauty is unacceptable.

I take good care of my skin, and like to get glammed up occasionally, but I really would like to see some examples that don't all derive from 'Heat' magazine.

and she smokes 40 fags a day. therefore she stinks and is probably as yellow as a kipper under all that slap. she's also pitifully thin, has a filthy mouth and a conviction for assault which was just 6 years ago. how soon we forget.

I'm glad it's not just me that noticed, it's been driving me nuts all weekend in the Smashbox hours! The whole show was just the presenters face square in the camera shot, to the extent that when they held anything up for a close up, it couldn't be seen what with all the guff QVC put on the screen as well about what we might also like to buy etc. Seeing AY's weird lips and teeth combo that close up for three hours made me feel a bit ill....back to the old style camera work please!!!

I noticed it when Julia was on, the camera seemed to be soooo much closer than normal. I found it a bit off-putting, as if I was invading her space.

I always thought that Julia had good skin for her age however with the close up shots I have changed my mind and think that her skin is quite crinkled and it is only the tan that gives an impression of good skin from a distance

Alison Young doesn't look any better for all her expensive treatments as she also looks her age

Latest posts

Back