Estée Lauder to acquire Smashbox

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If you go to the Smashbox TSV thread, I put up the press statement about the sale.

I have to say I knew about this weeks ago, back in April. A beauty blog said Essie(my fav nail brand) had been bought by L'Oreal. Went on to say about Smashbox being chased by L'Oreal, Proctor and Gamble and Estee Lauder.

In the press statement the Factor guys who own Smashbox are saying that Estee Lauder's ideals are close to their own.

Of the three Estee Lauder are the best of the bunch, though the destoried Stila as a company when they bought them. Then sold them on, since Stila have been sold again and now not in the UK and Europe at all offically. I am not counting ebay or sites which sell old stock. I do admit loving Stila but the quality did go down big time when EL bought them out.

No doubt we will start getting more limited edtion ranges from Smashbox. Mac has like new collections out every month sometimes two a month.

i hope they dont mess with things at smashbox, its dissapointing but as long as the products dont go down hill then i will still love smashbox.
Everyone seems to be selling out, i supose everone has there price

I'm a bit worried about Smashbox, as not sure about everyone else but I find it very similar to Mac even to the smell and the texture. Of the two I prefer SB, and think it's better value especially with TSVs etc on QVC.
Really hope EL don't destroy it in favour of Mac.

thanks Sue

As Donna says it has been hush hush negotiation for a while now.

Exciting times for Smashbox. I hope that the people we work with will all be OK and that what makes Smashbox.... its professional quality and innovation will continue.

We have already pre-ordered Autumn / Fall / and Spring 2011 (all lovely) so I know these collections are already in the pipeline

Latest posts

Back