Beware-automatic CC renewal of membership

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Susie Wusie

Registered Shopper
Hi,
Logged onto my credit card to find a charge of £40, had not ordered anything but checked on QVC and IW, horror of horrors, IW had renewed my Craft Club membership without me requesting it and put thro the charge twice, so £40 debited to my card. Rung customer services, and after waiting an age spoke to a man called Ignatious, who then put me on hold for nearly 10 minutes, and then came back and said he would refund me in full but would take 7 - 10 days.
Not happy and will now have to check refund is processed, but if you joined when they had a special offer last year be warned, it could happen to you.
:angry::angry::angry:

I just checked my credit card account and am relieved to say C & C haven't renewed my membership. I would've been very angry if they had because I had a phone call about a week ago from Customer Services wanting me to renew and I made it clear I wouldn't be doing so.

I'll check this, I did mine with a debit card not a credit one, can they just take from a debit card? I'll be fuming if they renew it as I only joined when it was the special deal they had.

That was why l joined also, so as you can imagine was furious to not only see had been renewed without my approval but they did it twice and have taken £40 on my credit card.

I'll check this, I did mine with a debit card not a credit one, can they just take from a debit card? I'll be fuming if they renew it as I only joined when it was the special deal they had.

Yes as long as they have the number and expiry date, you authorized them to use your card for the first one. So be careful.

Yes as long as they have the number and expiry date, you authorized them to use your card for the first one. So be careful.

Just logged onto C&C to remove my card details, and guess what there is no option to. You can 'change' your card details, but only to a valid card grrrrr.

Latest posts

Back