Ice Cream Maker

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

NIKKID

Registered Shopper
Basically anyone got one and how do you find it??

The QVC one is not exactly a big investment but i was just wondering would i even get my moneys worth out of it or would i use it once and put it in the back of the cupboard??

Hi there.
I haven't got the model they are selling at the minute, but I did buy the previous one.
It was a battery operated one & you had to put the whole thing in the freezer.
I tried it twice & it was useless! Once the ice-cream started to get harder, the paddles couldn't turn anymore & the pressure forced the lid off the machine. This happened both times even when i tried to weigh it down with jars full of water.
This one does seem a bit better though, but I'm not tempted at all. Already wasted about £15.00 with the last one, so I can't justify the cost of trying another.
Hope this helps?

I was considering getting one but then I realised it wouldn't fit in my freezer and so that made up my mind. I'll just have to keep chasing the ice cream van.:wink2:

I did have a Magimix ( not from QVC ) and used it a lot. I was able to make very delicious but unhealthy ice-cream with cream and strawberries, sorbets and yoghurt. These ice cream makers really do allow you to experiment. The downside was having to remember to always keep it in the freezer. I had to throw mine away a few weeks ago because it developed a hole and the liquid from the insulated wall was leaking out. I will be replacing it but probably not with the QVC one. I will do some research first. The best ones are the ones with the built in freezer that you just plug in and use but they are expensive - you must really love ice cream to purchase them!

Basically anyone got one and how do you find it??

The QVC one is not exactly a big investment but i was just wondering would i even get my moneys worth out of it or would i use it once and put it in the back of the cupboard??

I bought the original Cooks Essential's ice cream maker and love it - i mix a 500ml tub of good quality supermarket vanilla custard with a 500ml of single(it would be better and much more fattening with double though) cream along with some sugar(diluted in a little water) and voila a litre of really good vanilla ice cream which gives Hagen Das a run for its money. I would imagine that what i do is a "basic mix" which fruit puree or maybe melted chocolate:heart: could be added too - i'm making myself hungary typing this post!! I use mine a minimum of 2-3 times a month dependant on who's coming to dinner etc. I would recommend this ice cream maker.

I have an ice cream maker (an old Magimix) and love it! My personal fave is white chocolate mint - the recipe as used by QVC Princess with a drop of peppermint essence & a tiny bit of green food colouring with white chocolate chips or chunks mixed in as it starts to thicken - just gorgeous!

If I make ice cream (and I don't have a hice creem maker) I follow Nigella's recipe for it. . Take 3 lemons and zest and juice them, put this in a bowl with 170g icing sugar and leave to soak for 30 minutes. Meanwhile take a large pot of double cream (484ml one) and whisk until it forms stiff peaks. Whisk the lemon icing mixture in then just pour into a suitable container and freeze until hard. It really works, you don't get ice crystals in it and it is very naughty to eat!

Hi there, I bought one for my bf a few christmases ago, shame on me I can't remember the make but it made frozen ice cream in less than 30 mins. Infact it took longer to prep the 'custard' than it did to freeze and churn.

I did some research on the net first and lakeland and amazon sold the one that seemed to be the best. I paid £400 for it about 3 years ago. Not terribly helpful I know, but if you're an ice cream fiend and B&J stop making your fave flavour it's a good buy. I got lots of brownie points as I bought 2 recipe book as well, one of which replicated 'chubby hubby' which was his favourite :smirk:

Latest posts

Back