Smashbox Halo

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

petpixie

Registered Shopper
I just wanted to let anybody who has never bought Halo, but has swithered a bit, to go for it. I received mine today and I'm delighted! I've found the product I've been looking for all my adult life.
I don't use liquid foundation because I don't like feeling like I've got a fizzog full of makeup, but I do have redness around my nose and a couple of red blemishes on my cheek. I tend to use a concealer on them and then a mineral powder and a bit of blush.
I slapped on the Halo as soon as I opened the package and ~ miracle of miracles ~ the redness and blemishes were gone! My skin looks fantastic! So even ~ dare I say it flawless, but it doesn't look like there's any makeup on at all.
I'm sure lots of you buy it, but I just want anyone who hasn't to give it a go and hopefully be as happy as I am with the results!

I'm always a tad jealous when I read raves about Halo as it just doesn't really work for me. Not sure what it is - Nina always says you don't need much to get a flawless look but whenever I try and use it, you can still see any imperfections / red bits I may have at the time. The lid broke off my compact as well.

i love the coverage & feel of Halo, but i go all shiny after a couple of hours! doesn't matter what primer i use either.

i'd gone of BE too due to the shine factor, but i tried it again the other day & was very impressed with how it faired through the day, no shine at all. i have changed my application brush since the last time i'd used it though, instead of the brush that came with it i used a little kabuki, must be this that made the difference.

Again I guess, it's a case of what's brilliant for one may be totally unsuitable for someone elses's skin type. I've gone for lots of types of product that people have raved about and it's done nothing for me whatsoever. Makeup/skin products really are an expensive trial and error minefield!

It doesn't give enought coverage for me & it makes me shiny too, but I have oily skin blemish-prone skin, so it's an on-going problem with me for a lot of ranges, have the same trouble with BE.

Glad you love it though, it's great when you find something that actually works for you!

I like Halo - but it only provides light coverage (I use concealer to cover any dodgy areas first). I do have oily-comb skin and I did find the shine coming through by mid morning - but for last couple of weeks have been using the Light primer (got a free sample from Debs counter) and that has really helped with that. Always thought primer was a bit of an uneccessary step. Only thing that is a pain is the catch which broke last week.

Its funny, Halo doesn't actually work for me as a foundation, either. I think it is actually because I am in between colours and the fair isn't right but the light is too golden. In fairness BE didn't suit either.

The new Halo bronzer (the perfecting one in the bronze packaging) is simply fab though. We don't have it yet, will be with us early June. It will be my number one holiday must have.

Glad you like your Halo PP - and you should find it lasts a very long time!

JBD

Again I guess, it's a case of what's brilliant for one may be totally unsuitable for someone elses's skin type. I've gone for lots of types of product that people have raved about and it's done nothing for me whatsoever. Makeup/skin products really are an expensive trial and error minefield!

We do a great little try me of two Halo products and brush at JBD - plus we also do 'samples' of Halo in all of the shades for people to purchase before they invest in the full size. QVC also do a great smaller version of the Halo with the grater and of course you get the 30 day MBG with them!
Definitely worth a try as the longer term benefits of Halo are pretty good (as well of course as how it works as a foundation product).

We do a great little try me of two Halo products and brush at JBD - plus we also do 'samples' of Halo in all of the shades for people to purchase before they invest in the full size. QVC also do a great smaller version of the Halo with the grater and of course you get the 30 day MBG with them!
Definitely worth a try as the longer term benefits of Halo are pretty good (as well of course as how it works as a foundation product).

I was lucky I hit on the right shade ~ light ~ first time. Great idea doing the try me sizes though! I'm looking forward to receiving my brow tech to go which I ordered from you yesterday!

I really like Halo as I also find it covers my red cheeks! Ilike the little "halo to go" for my bag but I wish they would improve the catch on the large container everyone Ive had has broken

Latest posts

Back