More stupid prices

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Bare Escentuals is on air now. £30 for a pair of lipglosses? Seriously? Am I just out of touch or does that seem ridiculously expensive? That's my budget for the weekend's shop in Asda! I seem to see things on air everyday that appear to be overpriced compared to what they were even just a year ago. Cosmetics seem to be the worst but everything is going the same way. Is everything just a rip off or have QVC lost the "buying power" that they used to love to bleat about. I don't want to get on a soap box over it but I can't help but feel the world has gone mad. So much invested in problems that really don't exist, just so that the shareholders of the cosmetics companies can have champagne at the AGM. They create the "problems" and, miraculously, they have a solution for it, but it'll cost you!

I agree. Yep - fine, if you can afford to spend money on stuff like that, then go right ahead. I'm sure they're a good product, but £15 each? If I REALLY wanted to treal myself to a posh lippie, I'd be more likely to buy a prestige brand, but even then, it'd be at the expense of something I needed more. Like food!

Don't get me wrong - I love makeup etc and use the BE foundations myself, but don't feel quite so bad spending £17 on something that'll last me the best part of 9 months.

Another forum I go on, has an obsession with MAC (which personally I don't feel is quite up to all the hype) and the amount people spend (over £100 a time on a few items) makes me wonder how on earth they can either afford, or justify it.

Bare Escentuals is on air now. £30 for a pair of lipglosses? Seriously? Am I just out of touch or does that seem ridiculously expensive? That's my budget for the weekend's shop in Asda! I seem to see things on air everyday that appear to be overpriced compared to what they were even just a year ago. Cosmetics seem to be the worst but everything is going the same way. Is everything just a rip off or have QVC lost the "buying power" that they used to love to bleat about. I don't want to get on a soap box over it but I can't help but feel the world has gone mad. So much invested in problems that really don't exist, just so that the shareholders of the cosmetics companies can have champagne at the AGM. They create the "problems" and, miraculously, they have a solution for it, but it'll cost you!

I'm beginning to wonder about their buying power. When we had the last Laura Geller Chocolate TSV the UK piggy backed on the order QVC US had and we got a fab TSV at a great price.
QVC US have such a larger range within the brands like BE & Philosophy so why can't they order this way on popular products? Surely they would get even better deals? Even their L'Occitane range has products we don't have and we are nearer France!! :wonder:

I'm beginning to wonder about their buying power. When we had the last Laura Geller Chocolate TSV the UK piggy backed on the order QVC US had and we got a fab TSV at a great price.
QVC US have such a larger range within the brands like BE & Philosophy so why can't they order this way on popular products? Surely they would get even better deals? Even their L'Occitane range has products we don't have and we are nearer France!! :wonder:

...and they seem to be better priced too despite, as you say, the fact we are nearer to France!