Adverts!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Buttercorn

Registered Shopper
Hello there. I joined the forum a while ago, and have enjoyed reading the posts enormously. They have certainly made me smile when I have been down in the dumps. Anyway, I have finally plucked up courage to actually write something myself.Here goes - Has anyone else noticed that IW are showing 'proper'adverts washing powder, shower gel etc. I have never noticed this before.

Thanks for the welcome Mommabear. I saw the adverts at 2 and 3 pm, just before the change of show. One was the persil 'children get dirty' advert and one was for E45 shower gel, the exact adverts that are shown on ITV, Sky etc. It just struck me as odd, because I have never seen these ads on shopping channels before.

I saw the E45 one today as well. I wondered if I'd sat on the remote control by mistake and inadvertently changed the channel.

welcome! :D
more signs of less income on sales i suppose, have gone for revenue on advertising now.

do you really think that's what it could be?

:(

this doesn't bode well for IW, I just really hope things begin to get better for them sales wise. i suppose it must be related to the credit crunch tbh and maybe a temporary measure.

what do others think?

Ideal World's profits are down and, consequently, they are trying to generate more income. They ought to remember, however, that this is a shopping channel.

When are they going to realise that they will never be able to equal QVC for customer service, product quality and affordability?

I had IW on and I'd left the room for a while, and when I came back in proper itv stylee ads were on, it was weird 'cause I hadn't heard the front door open and OH wasn't due home anyway ....he usually changes the channel when he comes in 'cause he's not a shopping telly fan...anyway, so realised it was still on IW...what's the (Ideal) world coming to eh?

Hello Buttercorn big welcome from me.There was a thread the other day about this i think it's pretty indicative of the channel as a whole.

Hi buttercorn, I did a thread on this the other day and yes the are doing adverts now. Abit of a shock but I think and so do others that IW are in abit of (financial) trouble to be showing adverts.

Well thank you, I saw a Persil ad yesterday and thought I had changed channels by accident :rolleyes:

Hi Buttercorn, great to see you. Yes IW must be in financial trouble to be having adverts. That and dare I say it all the Craft means they must have problems getting stuff to sell now. There certainly is very little choice now.

Welcome Buttercorn:D

I have saw the two E45 and persil adverts both on one after the other. I thought i had the wrong channel too. It looks like once they go down this road we may be seeing more of the adverts on a regular basis throught the day and night. Wonder if other shopping channels are thinking of adopting this idea? It would be very interesting to see what developes out of this if it is a trend that might be starting within shopping channels:eek:

typical

:)welcome buttercorn :)

i have seen the adverts for at least a week and like others in the begining i thought my remote had a button stuck and i had changed channel by mistake. i personally think that apart from the obvious problems that we have with IW that they have become TACKY

they do not run a proper shopping channel IMO and that is why things are going from bad to worse and we are subjected to over sell on the same products time and time and time again .

they have branched out into holidays and cruises + kitchens + makeovers and now adverts , not IMO the items a general shopping channel would have on as there are speciality channels for these.

basically they will do anything to make money except run a decent shopping channel

what next for IW ?? pay per view ??? through the night and i dont mean crafting !!!

then again !!!!!!

Hi, I too have noticed all the adverts lately, I was even so shocked that I had to write on here. One of the adverts I saw on there the other day was for Cillit Bang cleaner, the next showing on Ideal World was for a microfibre cleaning system where they slagged off chemicals in cleaning solutions that you buy.................. Double standards I think!!!!

Thanks for the welcome Mommabear. I saw the adverts at 2 and 3 pm, just before the change of show. One was the persil 'children get dirty' advert and one was for E45 shower gel, the exact adverts that are shown on ITV, Sky etc. It just struck me as odd, because I have never seen these ads on shopping channels before.

the channel has loads of adverts now, which was really weird to see them actually, and i thought i had lean't on my remote and turned the tv over the other day when i heard the advert and looked up .....lmao!!! im a silly moo!!!:eek:
xx

Latest posts

Back