Raymond Evison Clematis Diamantina Josephine Crystal Fountain Super Bargain Price

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Raymond Evison Clematis Diamantina Josephine Crystal Fountain
Item Number: 562879
QVC Price £16.25
Super Bargain Price £13.46
Availability In stock
UK P&P £2.95

The perfect choice for a container or the smaller garden, this clematis displays dramatic mauve and blue double flowers with a pom-pom effect. You can enjoy this flower all the way through from late spring to early autumn as it will flower again and again, and why not use it for flower arranging too, it looks fantastic. Direct despatch: UK only. Please allow 7 - 10 working days for delivery.

Planting information:

Growing characteristics: long flowering period from late spring to early autumn, very bushy habit and free flowering
Perfect for: containers and small gardens
When to plant: mid-spring in full sunlight
Supplied with full growing instructions

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.562879

I just logged on to ask experienced QVC gardeners if the clematis plants on offer are a good buy.

I would like to buy something for the lady who's kindly "doing" our communal garden, at her own expense - she's made such a difference to the view out of my windows - but I thought I'd seen negative reports here.

The lavender looks lovely but it's selling out as I write :(

Is there anything you recommend for north-facing south London pebbly clay?

clemenzina :)

Got to admit it SCW, you must be up for the award of the longest title thread on ST.com :grin:

Got to admit it SCW, you must be up for the award of the longest title thread on ST.com :grin:

ROFL well thats what they called it so i just copied and pasted it and added super bargain price so people know if they aint intrested to avoid it,

you should see some of the computer super bargain prices and sat navs where i acutally have to cut detail out to fit it in lol

I just logged on to ask experienced QVC gardeners if the clematis plants on offer are a good buy.

I would like to buy something for the lady who's kindly "doing" our communal garden, at her own expense - she's made such a difference to the view out of my windows - but I thought I'd seen negative reports here.

The lavender looks lovely but it's selling out as I write :(

Is there anything you recommend for north-facing south London pebbly clay?

clemenzina :)

The clematis are the only plants from QVC I have had that have been any good. I now wouldnt every buy any more plants from them as all the rest are rubbish, but the Clematis are super maybe it is because they are from Raymond Evison and not from Thomson and Morgan.

I bought 3 Evison Clematis last year, planted them in a pot with a wooden tripod for them to grow up. My bunnies knocked the framework off and "pruned" them to the ground (they're supposed to be bad for bunnies but they showed no ill effects and no remorse!) Nothing happened all year and I thought they were a right-off. This spring they've come back from the dead and are doing well - about 14" tall now.

I've put them out of harm's way!

Anyhoo I take it as a sign of strong plants. HTH

Jude xx

Personally I think you can't go wrong with a clematis and it's impossible (?) to kill one BUT I wouldn't buy them from QVC. They're probably cheaper from a garden centre/nursery, if you have one locally.

You can buy direct from the Raymond Evison website. Might not be any cheaper but there's loads of choice plus good descriptions:

http://www.raymondevisonclematis.com/main/home.asp

Clematis are lovely and they like their roots to be in shade but their heads in the sun. Clay soil would be ok with some compost (i.e. growing bag stuff) dug in.

Linda xx

Thanks for all the input, girls (especially the encouragement re hardiness, Akimbo) - as I hardly get outside the door I've ordered them from QVC, and I won't blame Lily and E's Mum if they're no good.

clemenzina

Thanks for all the input, girls (especially the encouragement re hardiness, Akimbo) - as I hardly get outside the door I've ordered them from QVC, and I won't blame Lily and E's Mum if they're no good.

clemenzina

oddly enough these were a tsv (4 years ago) but the newer one of the three was in a lighter shade of blue not this deeper colour.i bought these for my mum for her birthday and i cannot tell you how amazing they are. you can grow all three in a huge tub or singly in tubs or in a border against the wall or around an obelisk in the middle of the border for height.
i am very happy with them as they cover the plant with a multitude of flowers for months in the summer and repeat flower one with a pale green smaller petal version.
most of my raymond evison plants are from qvc as they are exceptional value or through t&m or i buy them at sell off time at chelsea flower show.

my mum and i cannot get enough of them with good reason.
i have never lost one yet and the larger flowered variety of clematis are notoriously difficult to grow so its a dream to grow these raymond evison ones that will last and last.

always cut them to 4 inches from the soli level as this makes them gow many more stems and shoots and triple the amount of flowers. bury them an inch or two beneath the ground as this incourages a really bushy plant also.
use a john innes 3 compost as this is real soil based compost and they really like this.
if you live in london or the south and have neutral clay soil they love this in full sun.
i am sure your freind will love them!:mysmilie_378::mysmilie_378::mysmilie_378:

Latest posts

Back