On a lovely sunny day....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sacha

Keep calm - Log on

.........which gemstones do you prefer to wear that

a) you think look best in the sunshine and

b) also gives you that feel good factor?

Aww Sacha that's a hard question on a day like today. :sweat:

I suppose it has to be my either of my Demantoid Garnet rings which sparkle like mad in the sunshine and have amazing fire.

Need a cold drink now.:giggle:

Opals look great in the sun - it brings out the play of colour. Especially Mexican jelly opal, if you have any...

Thank you all for your responses showing a varied and colourful selection. My choice is for diamonds and moissanite -
cos they go together so well
....and Tanzanite as the sun seems to bring out its..... ummm....blueyness!

Diamonds set in yellow gold for me!

I also think a really strongly coloured apatite looks lovely in the sun when your hands have a bit of a tan!

Oh, and sphene....and zircon........:giggle:

ooh what a fab thread, for me diamonds, the way they sparkle and shimmer in the sun, also a bright flamingo topaz, so summery but also citrines, zircon, apatite and today my danburite is sparkling like mad, to be honest i cant make my mind up, i think all gemstones make me feel summery and happy when the sun is out, i cant pick a favourite

White and coloured diamonds for me too. I'd forgotten about the jelly opals and how great they sparkle in the sunshine - thanks for reminding me Miss M. A star sapphire really comes to life with the sun out, so another favourite (except I only have one). However, for the most part I tend to wear turquoise/blues when it's hot, so I suppose I wear my paraiba tourmalines the most in the summer.

All my gemstones look better in the sunshine, it's a pity I don't! Lily white legs and shorts don't really cut it. Can someone pass me the fake tan please? :grin:

Well it just has to be diamonds for me too, they're even more beautiful in the sunshine, sparkling away you can't beat them ! I just love them, they make me smile :happy:

A gem fest.......

Well on another sunny day, in London at least, those who were/will be watching the news sometime today
will be treated to the sparkling spectacle of......

* 2,868 diamonds, 277 pearls, 11 emeralds, 5 rubies, 17 sapphires, a 317 carat Cullinan diamond
and 170 carats of ruby...errr.....spinel. Not to mention the Koh-i-noor..........a more recent addition I believe.
* Approximate numbers
<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TSyLLWZ5jp8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

Well on another sunny day, in London at least, those who were/will be watching the news sometime today
will be treated to the sparkling spectacle of......

* 2,868 diamonds, 277 pearls, 11 emeralds, 5 rubies, 17 sapphires, a 317 carat Cullinan diamond
and 170 carats of ruby...errr.....spinel. Not to mention the Koh-i-noor..........a more recent addition I believe.
* Approximate numbers
<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TSyLLWZ5jp8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

That's the silliest hat I've ever seen. Such a loud, brash display of wealth - very bad taste - not to mention off trend. :cheeky::mysmilie_505: xxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back