Vitamix - I Still Don't Get It!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Swankypants

Registered Shopper
I am curious - does anyone have a Vitamix? [Sorry, I know this has been raised before]

I cannot see how a £450 liquidiser can be value for money and would be used several times everyday unless you are fresh from hospital and can only eat food through a straw.

The most solid meal I have seen demonstrated is scrambled egg. :thinking:

I completely agree, Swankypants!

It seems hideously overprice. I can't imagine they sell that many. £450 for a blender is bordering on insanity.

As you say, it seems to be able to cook scrambled eggs and make soup - you'd have to eat a hell of a lot of soup to get back your £450!

I've got one - its the best gadget I've got (and I have loads).

I've burned out so many blenders. However I didn't pay anywhere near that price for mine.

I've got one - its the best gadget I've got (and I have loads).

I've burned out so many blenders. However I didn't pay anywhere near that price for mine.

Could you let us in on the price that you did pay and where you got it from by any chance :flower:

if i had that much money spare which is not likely and i wanted to treat myself to something a blender it would not be for that amount could go on a nice lil break somewhere for a few days would rather that than buy a blender way over priced

Of course it will martinjay, just add a bit of spinach and a tablespoon of yoghurt and your kids'll never know about the extra vitamins hidden in your new iphone4soup, allegedly....!

I can't see why anyone would need to pay nearly £500 for a blender for domestic use, you can get a decent, and I mean decent food processor with blender attatchment for less than that! Think most of us are happy with a good food processor and a stick blender for soups.

Our works canteen has got something similar to this, and of course it's used every day, but I doubt that many normal households would need to spend out for something like this, I love the way they try and tell you it'll pay for itself in the end....yup possibly in about 2025!

Perhaps for someone for whom money's no object!

I am curious - does anyone have a Vitamix? [Sorry, I know this has been raised before]

I cannot see how a £450 liquidiser can be value for money and would be used several times everyday unless you are fresh from hospital and can only eat food through a straw.

The most solid meal I have seen demonstrated is scrambled egg. :thinking:

Well ,yes it's very expensive,but I would never get to eat all the veg and fruit that I ought to , but I do with this and it uses every single bit whatever veg or fruit or whatever.No waste at all.
It's obviously not for everyone but it's in a different class to bog standard blenders or processors.
I still don't know why the pricetag is so big.It's imported from the States I think but,over there it's also costs the earth.
It is a good piece of kit.I can assure you of that.Your getting quality and it really couldn't be easier to keep clean .

I was at a friends house yesterday and they had one of these in the kitchen.

I have to say I was very impressed with it. Karen made me some vegetable soup followed by ice cream from frozen strawberries and milk. The quality was first class and it outperformed my Kenwood Chief processor my miles.

I am now thinking that it may be worth buying one. £430 is expensive, but I reckon that I would recoup the cost in a year.

Will be keeping an eye on the POTD for the next few weeks.

I had a look at this on the UK Vitamix website and watched the videos.

I want one of these!!! The cooking element on this saves using separate pans.

Does Ideal World do split payments on this product?

Last week they had it at £429 and on 4 monthly payments. It looks like they have put the price up on the web site, so that suggests they may have a pick of the day coming up.

It is worth doing a search on YouTube for "Vitamix 5200"

Latest posts

Back