Alpha H Model being disfigured .....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

fulhamphil

Registered Shopper
....by the constant application of products. Her face looked really red and angry, especially around the jaw line, as the Alpha H expert Tom kept wiping over the Liquid Gold and other products. :wonder: Doesn't exactly inspire confidence - you might get rid of your pigmentation but you end up looking like a beetroot :grin:

i saw that she looked terrible. and ive never heard such a load of twaddle. total cobblers. claire suttons roots were terrible too. meow.

i use a lot of alpha-h brilliant stuff but you are not supposed to rub the liquid gold in like that as has glycolic in it.

it would be best if he uses water to demonstrate how to use the product. but i cannot see the need to constantly rub anyones face with anything.

Alpha-H is a fantastic range for a lot of people with problem skin (me included!) but seems to be grossly mis-represented on QVC which is doing the brand no favours at all.

For eg the eye cream that 'makes dark circles peel off' is a fab little eye gel for cooling, fine lines and puffiness, but anyone expecting much more than that will be disappointed and probably end up returning it.

Also I noticed last night Tom was saying to use the MicroCleanse 2 or 3 times a week, I got a routine e-mailed to me from a lovely Alpha-H consultant in Australia and she told me it is a once a week product, as are most of the masks in the range.

I do think AY and Tom are a bit more under control with their claims/advice when Michelle is on as well, but they seem to run amuck without her there.

IMO they should also be advising everyone to patch test, but I suppose you could say that about every range as there are people who react to elemis, decleor etc - not to mention the toxic BE! But glycolics are pretty serious stuff and can't just be slapped on willy nilly, my advice to anyone who wants to try this range but doesn't trust QVC is to go on Alpha-H website (the Ozzie one) and e-mail one of the consultants. They give great advice and as they don't sell direct to the UK there is no 'hard sell' involved!

I caught the first half of the show and noticed the model getting very red on her chin and jaw area and actually saw her glance wide-eyed at Claire - the camera then when off her and Claire cut to a run-through some of the products with pictures and details on-screen, then her and Tom talked back and forth for a while - i guessed they must be splashing water on the models face (hopefully!) in a desperate effort to get her skin to calm down. Sounds like it just got worse as the show went on. I was cringing at Tom continually rubbing the models fact applying this stuff. Don't use alpha-h or any of these glycolic products - sorry to those who do, but they just seem too harsh for the skin imo. And a factor 50 moisturiser... yeah, well you'd need it wouldn't you when exposing all those newly revealed skin cells to the light of day! Cringe!

Fortunately I patch tested Alpha H on my forearm and I got a reaction very quickly. I washed it off my arm equally quickly. Like the idea of glycolic peels but there is no way I would use one on my face being one of the unlucky peeps that get that angry red and inflamed look. Really wanted to it work for me too :(

Thanks for the warnings, I ordered the try me kit and will now patch test and use as you have said.

I've noticed that no one on air ever tells viewers that you shouldn't be using alpha-h if you're on any medication - there's no detail. I asked Tom about this once and even he wasn't sure. I really do wish QVC would be totally honest and transparent about products, even if it was likely to cost them a few sales. I am also one of those that would like the product but it brings me out in spots, especially around the chin area. I am on a lot of medication so I am loathe to use any of the glycolics but I do use the SPF30+ cream.

I'm pretty sure the model in question is a regular Alpha H user, think she's said before. So, Tom must have really been going hell for leather with the products to get that reaction. I started using the range about 2 months ago, and must say, I love it. Has made a big difference to my skin, have been told how "fresh" it looks - but then I 'spose it would if the top layer has disappeared !!....
For the first few weeks of using used to get a real strong "tingle" (burn?) with the liquid gold, but much less now. Most impressed by the fact that the brown discoluration iI used to have in my hairline has all but gone - I'm sticking with it.

Yes, madaunty, have it in mind that the model is a regular alpha-h user. Great the alpha-h works for you and others - it must be great to remove the pigmentation marks. I'd just reckon it must be particularly important to be careful in the sun when using the glycolics and possibly just use them in your evening cleanse or at least the more powerful products anyway!

Latest posts

Back