World cup souvenirs?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nicky-j

Registered Shopper
So far, in QVC's much hyped "World Cup Countdown" shows every Saturday we have been treated to various ways of watching and listening to the tournament. Oh and there was an ice cream maker! But we have been promised "supporter packs" etc. But these are yet to materialise. But now I have found item 673336 : a "potatoe" (sic) pearl stretch bracelet with a choice of options (presumably for whichever country you wish to support during the month-long feast of football.) However, since the only option available seems to be "Scotland" I am wondering which World Cup QVC is hoping to celebrate. Scotland have not qualified for a World Cup Finals since 1998! (I am not gloating here, since I am part Scottish). So far there is no "England" option. Are we to assume that QVC are taking the Andy Murray approach of "anyone but England"? :sad::cheeky:

there is other options but they are showing as out of stock

ENGLAND
IRELAND
SCOTLAND
WALES

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.673336

How silly!!! neither Scotland and Ireland are in the World Cup and as the OP mentioned haven't qualified for some years, and don't think Wales ever have?

I'm not intending to start a football riot here, I'm Irish descent (both parents) and always support them when they do qualify - but what's the point of having a 'World Cup Souvenir' for teams that are not competing :confused:

Surely they should just either offer the England one or scrap the 'souvenirs' completely :wonder:

World Cup pearls...souvenir?

Tenuous? At best!

Utter Carp! In reality!

Jude xx

How silly!!! neither Scotland and Ireland are in the World Cup and as the OP mentioned haven't qualified for some years, and don't think Wales ever have?

:wonder:

OK I'm going to reveal myself as a total anorak here. Wales did qualify once for the finals - in 1958 in Sweden which is the only time all the home nations qualified together. It also marked the debut of Brazil's Pele!

If the England option is out of stock with only 2 weeks until the tournament there's a good chance the team will have gone out to a dodgy hand-ball goal or in a penalty shoot-out before it comes back in!:wink:

all well and good having the options of the different nations but is pointless as only england are playing it is prob not to offend anyone but not sure people would be bothered think would be safe to assume as the other nations are'nt playing there would only be an england option anyway just seems pointless to me

Latest posts

Back