Peter Simon Says....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

diva_on_wheelz

Registered Shopper
I do love Peter Simon, I remember him on Double Dare as a kid and he's so funny on Bid.tv. I know he's like marmite but I love his camp humour. Here are some of his most (over-used) phrases. Can anyone think of anymore?

Love Becky <3

Well done at home

We wanted a lot of money for this

It's a better buy to you than we could ever have got

Terrific buying

Boys in the band, take it home

It's two tenners and a fiver

In't it stunning

In't it wonderful

In't it lovely

You've just got an absolute bargain

It's going even lower

Good luck if you got it

This is a remarkable buy

Push number one

Look at that

Just buy it

If you like it, buy it

It's the best buy of the day

This is extraordinary

I'm buying one of these myself

.......................Anyone else think of any I've missed?

You've covered most of them! :D

His sign off: "The most important people to thank are you. Whoever and wherever you are, you might not know it, but somebody loves you".

"It's the larger of the..."

"It's for mums and daughters / sons and fathers..."

"Just treat yourself at 'ome!"

"Not only is it..."

Oh, and his "what can you get for a fiver these days? You can't even get a pizza for that these days!"

Very good JoshuaUK! Another one is "Remarkable buying"!

I love the way he adds "at 'ome" to every sentance, lol!

The other day you couldn't get "a decent jar of coffee" for the price he was selling some old tat at!

Love Becky <3

i'm very fond of peter grew up with him on cbbc he's childhood memories for me lol can't really think of much else he says just enjoy his stories when he comes on air

Yeah, I really enjoy watching Peter!

I'm an insomniac so he's a good watch into the late hours.

I love the way he just starts and changes sentences as well - "Caroline, Birmingham, David Winchester...Lovely part of the country...£30, this is going che...how do you buy? you dial the numbe...£30, Luke, Manchester, Just buy it, this is the best buy of the....£30....Bargain!" etc etc. Very erratic :D

Yes I love his anecdotes, they're soooo funny and I could watch him for hours.

"We paid a lot of money for this"

"Just grab it"

........etc!

Love Becky <3

I dunno if anyone's noticed these days but he's started to mis-pronounce words a lot and it's hysterically funny! Last night he was selling a bag with an 'isometric' zip along with selling watches by that well known designer 'George O'Marni' - an Irish designer no doubt????

(^_^)

Love Becky xxx

Peter Simon certainly knows how to lay things on with a trowel. He is entertaining though.

I watched the wonderful PS last night. He made me laugh as 5 items in a row he said they were cutting their loses. How does this company make a profit????

He's having 3 weeks off to have tests on his heart. I'm not surprised. He gets so excited and starts shouting when he's selling that he goes blue in the face.

Hope he's OK and irritating as he is, comes back safe and well

peter simon says:
thomas kinkade is the most collected artist of the 21st century (my arse)
the crappy £9 watch he was selling was 'perpetual motion'

Whatever Peter Simon says it may well be littered with untruths, blatant untruths.

Capacity of perfume, material of watch strap, celebrity association of clothes. These are just a handful of lies I have witnessed this week.

(Oh, if the Bid TV Lawyers are watching I have recorded all the above blatant examples).

Last edited:
Doubt they have real lawyers. I bet they get Gladys the tea lady to write a cease and desist letter, if their attitude towards cookery and perfume experts are anything to go by!

Latest posts

Back