I got returned goods

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Flying Pigs

Registered Shopper
Never thought it would happen to me, but I have seen other posts where people reported they had been sent returned goods. When I opened the package with my new shoes in there was a goods returned slip in with it. Gobsmacked!

It is not QVC's day here today. Another deplorable aspect of their "service" pops up again.
Have you been on to cs?

I got some nail varnishes the other day that were used. Gutted cos my replacement won't come in time for my holiday :-(

This is what makes me only order things (beauty specifically) that are new in as I think it is disgusting that they are sending out second hand stuff.

Same thing here, last week (and not the first time, either) - I ordered a ring (which took over a week and a half to arrive - a week of that it spend being processed by QVC, whatever that means), and when it turned up the main stone was filthy and there were scratches all over the band. But I noticed that the ring had subsequently sold out so I'm stuck with it now - no chance of me getting a replacement anytime soon.

I'm sick of this happening, lots of jewellery (it's pretty much all I order from QVC) has arrived having obviously been worn - and abused - and sent back - handcream smudges, scratches on stones/metal etc., big dents, blah blah blah....

My sister ordered some Liz Earle Skin Repair many years ago from QVC, and it had clearly been used and returned - there were fingerprints on the cream's surface and it was stale, so it must have been sitting around opened since being returned for quite some considerable time.

I received the former Lola Rose TSV bracelets this week and it was clearly a return as not wrapped in bubble wrap and no tags on the bracelets. They were clanking around in package. I originally got these as the TSV and all tightly wrapped up in bubbles and tags - so I know how they should have been packed. While the condition was fine I am annoyed that I paid the same as anyone buying these new. If they can't be packaged as in original condition they should not be resent out at full price. I will be phoning CS about it and will report back.

Last edited:
I phoned CS straight away as I was concerned that the previous owner had asked for a refund! They were returned as they were the wrong size. CS said they would collect and resend, but as it was obvious the shoes had not been worn and I wanted them for next week I have kept them. I just hope the refund goes through.

I think you gave in too easily on this. If I had been you, I would have demanded a new pair be sent for next day delivery and if out of stock I would only have accepted the returned item if they were free of charge.

I have also come to realize that CS have a prepared "I'm sorry" script and that only talking to one of the CS manager makes a difference.

I think you gave in too easily on this. If I had been you, I would have demanded a new pair be sent for next day delivery and if out of stock I would only have accepted the returned item if they were free of charge.

Bit OTT in my view as Flying Pigs did state the shoes hadn't been worn. QVC's error was sending out someone else's details on the return slip. I think it's perfectly reasonable for them to put the returned shoes back into their stock if they were in perfect condition. Think how many pairs of shoes get tried on in shoe shops every day, they're not relegated to used goods just because they've been tried on.

I do agree that QVC simply cannot keep and not resend all the items they recieve back.

From my own experiences with QVC,I know I've opened packages - had a quick nosey round the item,known its not for me - and within 10 minutes its back down the post office.I would fully expect QVC to send those item back out - after all,its only what shops and catalogues do.

I'm not a huge fan of TKMaxx - but do like their shoe department.I can't imagine how many people have shoved their feet into those shoes before other people purchase them - I know myself that I've bought a birkenstocks from there,with "dirtier" soles than I would have ideally liked.

then there is the argument,that QVC do bang on about things being "box fresh" and the advantages of a 30 day MBG.This MBG is open to abuse - and from reading the horror stories on here - it certainly is abused.QVC should be mindful of this - and check stock more thoroughly than they so.IMHO QVC are expensive - with expensive postage rates - and I would be irritated to recieve stock that hadn't been thoroughly checked.

Luckily i've not had such an obvoius experience with QVC.I love earrings with a passion - but have never felt,I've recieved abused goods,even if I have.I did have a pair of birkenstocks sent to me in a very shoddy non birkenstock box,from waitlist- and thats been the only time i've ever questioned in my mind if they were seconds - but loved them so much with no obvious signs of wear - that I kept them.

In your experience flying pigs - I do agree with you keeping them - but may have pushed for my P&P back.

I agree that they can't just keep all returns but there needs to be a system where the sent back stuff is checked for wear (after all if you take something back to the shops it mustn't have been worn, only tried on, and all tags must be there) also to re-package it in a 'new' state, so all returns forms taken out.

Also I don't think that they should be re-selling beauty items for health and safety reasons. If I buy a pot of face cream, from QVC or a shop or online I expect that pot to be unopened and unused, no question.

I couldn't believe it when the nail varnishes I had received were used! One of the 4 bottles was only three quarters full!! And who knows what the others were how do QVC know that another brand hasn't just been poured into the bottle before they resell it?

I agree with Apple. All that was wrong was that you knew they had been returned because of the slip. If you hadn't seen the slip you'd have been none-the-wiser.

All those who are advocating that you should have demanded a "new" pair, do you demand to know if anyone's tried a shoe on before you have a try when you go shopping in real shops? Of course not!

As for makeup, then of course it's unacceptable to send out soiled goods, but then this thread was about shoes, which is a whole different ball game.

I disagree I think with the last post - I have recently received a leather Kipling bag about £157 that had clearly previously been used. It was creased and crumpled and looked like it has been polished to be made better - but I still noticed. So they sent me a label and I requested a replacement in a different colour to be on the safe side. The replacement had also been clearly worn and there were scratches on it. This is not good service - they should be selling these items... as is...so that people know they are not getting new. The difference with a shop is that people are only trying on not living with the items for a month. It is crucial that QVC keep the trust of their customers as they are a luxury we can do without and it is about the experience why we shop there and to a certain extent the knowledge that you are not buying something someone else has manhandled. This purchase has taken me over a month to sort out and I am now waiting for my second return to get to them and they say they can quality control it in the mail room to make sure I get a new one. Absolutely ridiculous. They offered me a refund but all I want is what the offered me in they first place..a new bag.

Sorry I want to add to my last post - the whole reason why we shop at QVC and pay expensive postage and higher prices is because we can get really, really new products that are fresh from the packaging. Otherwise why bother!!

Latest posts

Back