Adivce needed

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mrswebber

Registered Shopper
I've fell in love with a ring that's on the sale. Thing is, I don't have enough left on my credit card. Do they allow you to pay by cheque? I can't remember. It's that long since I shopped with them.

I haven't bought for ages Mrs W, but I think you can delay delivery for a while, which may give you time to arrange your finances. I'm sure someone who knows will be along soon with better info.

What's caught your eye?

Pretty sure you can't pay by cheque.

If you bought it today there's a good chance it won't be processed until Tuesday because of the Bank Holiday and probably not shipped for a few days after that. Would that give you enough time?

I know Argey has nominated a particular day for delivery in the past and she may be able to help you more.

It probably wouldn't! :headbang: I just wrote a cheque for my balance today so won't be with them till Wednesday. CRAP!

:wait: .... the money isn't taken until the day your order is dispatched.

Will that make a difference?

Yes, but it's only 2 or 3 days now before you get the dreaded email.

.... and remember they are really busy at the moment because of the clearance sales so it could easily be about a week before "your" ring is shipped.

Mrs W - If you don't mind paying £9.95 you can name a date for delivery up to three weeks hence. There's also a supersaver at £14.95 where you can choose a Saturday 2-3 weeks hence and keep the order open to add to if you think you may be any more.

The snag is that on checking out, the system requests verification that your card is pukka and that you have funds, so when I'm sailing close to the wind I get round this by making a small purchase on the phone (the robolady works well for this as it doesn't go through the verification procedure for an existing card). Then when you're order is set up you can empty your basket into it and remove the small item (if you don't actually want it). Sounds like a palaver, but it doesn't actually take more than a couple of minutes and can be very useful when you really want something but don't have ready funds immediately. It's a pity they're struggling as I'm sure this facility must bring them business they would otherwise loose. Personally, I set up a saver once a month, sometimes twice when they are being really naughty and tempting me too much, and then I can do what I like for most of the month and cough up on or after payday. I'm sure I buy much more because of this.

I'm having basket probs at the mo as I think the system is overloaded riight now. You have two-three days in your basket and they will warn you twice of time lapsing, the second is the last and tells you that you just have a few hours.

Hope that's clear (I know I burble). xxxxxxxx

Another thing you can do is put the item on your wish list, then you can pop it in your basket for 2 days then remove it go to your wish list and pop it back in your basket that buys 4-5 days!

Latest posts

Back