Julia's maxi dress..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lilylurknomore

Registered Shopper
...there I was thinking, phew, my money is safe today as I'm not keen on Decleor, so I thought I'd just have a little lookie and I've ended up buying the maxi dress that Julia is wearing! Although it's probably not the same one, mind you, having said that, I have been reading that they're sending out secondhand stuff lately, so I'll sniff it first when it arrives!! :wink:

If anyone else like's it, the item number is 144585, Ronni Nicole.

what are the Ronni Nicole dresses like? I have been tempted in the past but don't know anyone who has bought them

I am 5' 4'' will the dresses be too long for me?

Yes I would say you'd need to shorten I'm 5 4" have this dress and the black with the large flower heads near the hem.
Both require shortening for my hols luckly there's about 4"-5" on the black before involving the flowers.
Unlike Julia I'll be popping a cami underneath, better for me worn like that.

:hi:

I've got a couple of the RN dresses, the black and white and a red and black flower one. I like them and don't find the lining too restrictive like others have commented on, although it does tend to ride up. I think they're a good price too. For instance the maxi dress I bought this morning, was less than £50 with P&P and I think it looks like something you'd buy in Monsoon for at least twice the price.

Hope it looks as nice when it arrives.

Julia would never not pur her boobs on display though would she

I watched her this morning and found her constant I use this etc etc a complete irritation as she said exactly the same thing about the elemis TSV

I watched her this morning and found her constant I use this etc etc a complete irritation as she said exactly the same thing about the elemis TSV

Not sure what this has got to do with the maxi dress, but if you found it irritating, I hope you switched off?

I agree, she was all ME ME ME:nod:

I ordered the dress and sent it back. I wanted it for my hols but the fabric was lovely but far too heavy to wear in a hot country.

I ordered the dress and sent it back. I wanted it for my hols but the fabric was lovely but far too heavy to wear in a hot country.

Phew, at least it wasn't because it was horrid! That heavy fabric might come in handy. I had a maxi dress on the other day and a whoooosh of wind (not from my bottom, I hasten to add), :grin: blew it up, all very embarrassing when in the middle of London!

...there I was thinking, phew, my money is safe today as I'm not keen on Decleor, so I thought I'd just have a little lookie and I've ended up buying the maxi dress that Julia is wearing! Although it's probably not the same one, mind you, having said that, I have been reading that they're sending out secondhand stuff lately, so I'll sniff it first when it arrives!! :wink:

If anyone else like's it, the item number is 144585, Ronni Nicole.

I think that dress is lovely, haven't got it but have got the black one with the big flowers at the bottom.

Please let us know what it's like when it arrives.

xx

I think that dress is lovely, haven't got it but have got the black one with the big flowers at the bottom.

Please let us know what it's like when it arrives.

xx

Will do, I have no idea on the length but as I'm quite tall I'm guessing it will be OK, maybe even too short for me. Don't know what the back is like either, whether low back or higher, the low back ones do tend to make the straps fall down. Just thought it looked gorgeous on Julia.

Will let you know.

Lilylurknomore did you get your dress and what did you think of it? I'm really temped by it too, and would love to hear what you thought.

Lilylurknomore did you get your dress and what did you think of it? I'm really temped by it too, and would love to hear what you thought.

Funny this thread should come back up as I was going to let you know.

Yes it's arrived and I think it looked nicer on the telly, the lining could also be a bit hot for the summer and seems to be a size smaller than the dress. I know some reviewers have cut the lining out but that seems a shame to do so. Also it is backless, the back is cut the same as the front, so the shoulder straps might have a tendency to fall down and it's cut quite low at the front, so you can see the middle section of my bra, so I can just imagine me fiddling with that all the time.

I'm tall and it comes down to my ankle, but I think if you're anything around 'normal' height (5'4" ish) or shorter it might be a bit long. The jewels on the front don't appear to be fixed very securely, one large one is hanging on with a tiny thread and lastly the gathering is a bit too floaty and makes me look a few months pregnant and I'm lucky enough not to have a tummy, so anyone with a slight tum might have that area emphasized.

Apart from that, it's lovely!! :giggle: I think I'll be sending it back. Shame.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the review. I had wondered about it making me look a bit pregnant, I've had a maxi dress in the past that did just that, infact a neighbour asked me if I was. I'm not sure who was more embarrassed when I said no.

I think in one of the reviews someone said they sat and sewed all the jewels on securely before they wore it, if you love the dress that wouldn't be a problem.

There is a similar dress 146966 that does't look so bulky, I may give it a go. Only problem is in the video Julia is wearing a 12 ( was a little surprised it wasn't a 10) and I woulld have gone for that, and although I'm busty I'm not as large as her, I'm normally a 12/14, would you say your dress was true to size?

Thank you so much for the review. I had wondered about it making me look a bit pregnant, I've had a maxi dress in the past that did just that, infact a neighbour asked me if I was. I'm not sure who was more embarrassed when I said no.

I think in one of the reviews someone said they sat and sewed all the jewels on securely before they wore it, if you love the dress that wouldn't be a problem.

There is a similar dress 146966 that does't look so bulky, I may give it a go. Only problem is in the video Julia is wearing a 12 ( was a little surprised it wasn't a 10) and I woulld have gone for that, and although I'm busty I'm not as large as her, I'm normally a 12/14, would you say your dress was true to size?

Hi

Just checked out that dress too, wow very similar looking BUT they've only got size 10's now. My one, I would say was a bit big on the bust, it gapped underneath the arms and I'm a D cup, so it must be quite generous. Julia seemed to fill hers better, she can't be bigger than a D cup can she???!!

PS if you're looking for a maxi dress, have you tried boohoo.com? Loads on there and really cheap.

Last edited:
I also ordered this dress and I have a large bust and it fits me across the chest but it is too big everywhere else and is way too long for me and I am 5' 4'' so not that small

I am a 30G bust so it is a generous fit as I ordered a size 10, I am usually a size 10-12 on the top and an 8-10 on the bottom

I think I will have a look on the high street for a maxi dress as think I will have a problem with the length unless I am lucky, friends are taller than me and their maxi dresses are maxi on them

Thank you both so much for your help. I'm a 36D and 5' 7" so I'm thinking if I go for one it will be a size 10. The reason I still like the look of it is the generous straps that hide the bra staps, the few that are on my meagre high street are either halternecks or have very thin straps and are cut very low, the ones on boohoo.com also seemed like that, although if I didn't have bits to hide there are some lovely dresses on there.
Oh dear! These things :nod::nod:need constraining.

If you are 5' 7'' the length will be fine on you, i really liked the dress but it just drowned me I am surprised that nobody on the reviews commented on the length

Piglet, good luck, let us know how you get on. I know what you mean about wanting thicker straps, so did I. Boden do a few also.

Latest posts

Back