A Reason Why Some Orders Never Arrive?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Topaz

Registered Shopper
Having received the recent Smashbox TSV and decided I would keep it, time to dispose of the box. I removed the despatch note from the envelope stuck to the top of the box only to find there was another one folded inside mine. It was for someone with the same first name as me but a totally different surname and address (at the other end of the country). Obviously this customer never received her order. Makes you wonder how often this happens and would explain why some orders never arrive.

I agree with Choppy - and there may be some grateful person somewhere who might have had difficulty persuading CS that their order hasn't arrived. It will depend on the system used by QVC to track orders (I know they use different postal methods depending on the item.

I agree with Choppy - and there may be some grateful person somewhere who might have had difficulty persuading CS that their order hasn't arrived. It will depend on the system used by QVC to track orders (I know they use different postal methods depending on the item.

I have in fact just phoned CS (On the advice of you two ladies) and they told me to hang on to the two despatch notes/invoices and they are going to email my info to the Chief Executive and I'll get a call in 72 hours. When I gave them the order number of the other person they checked her name with me and confirmed that she did get her order sent out to her. What concerns me is I now have all her details, except for her pin number, which is a little worrying. I wouldn't like someone else getting hold of my details. Wonder what the chief exec will say.

I'm sure their system shows that she was sent her Smashbox set because they printed out the invoice but I wonder whether there are checks beyond that stage to monitor the package's progress beyond that point? I wonder whether they actually rang her to ask whether or not it had arrived or perhaps they're just relying on the fact that she hasn't reported it missing?

I agree it's a little worrying that details can be "misplaced" in this way. It used to shock me that the Warrington outlet shop was full of stuff still with return slips enclosed.

Looking forward to hearing what the chief exec has to say.

Jude xx

I too have had someone else's order for a TSV attached to my own and I wrote to CS to let them know but heard nothing further. If it happened again I would probably let the customer know what had happened, just in case they didn't receive their package. I had a time several years ago where so much failed to arrive or when it did arrive the end of the package had been opened and something removed. It was usually between October and December making me suspect somebody at QVC or Royal Mail doing their Christmas shopping at my expense! However, perhaps some of these times it was owing to label failure - I shall never know!

This happened to me once before with my order was the other customer's product as well as their despatch note and account details. After faffing with CS we all agreed that we'd just send the item to the other customer, which we did. Interestingly, at the time, CS didn't want us to tell the other customer what had happened, although we did as we asked her to confirm that she'd received it. Actually, QVC promised a £10 credit on my account for doing their job for them but actually denied all knowledge of that agreement when it came to claiming it! It all depends on who you get on the phone. I'd never trust them again.

I once had a Gatineau TSV delivered to me. Nothing unusual in that except the name and postcode were totally different to mine. I took it round to one grateful customer. All I can only assume is that I'd been ordering too much stuff from QVC at that time :blush: and that when the postman saw the QVC label he went onto autopilot and thought it was another order for me.

The woman I delivered it to had already been onto customer services to ask why it hadn't arrived, despite the fact that I got in the car and ran it over to her minutes after I received it, so heavens knows where it had been before then. :wonder:

I always have stuff go missing due to my postie leaving it on doorstep AND signing for it. On one occasion QVC refused to refund me as they said I MUST have told him do this!! Cheek!!
Just been on hols for a week and some things I ordered before and during my hols are yet to appear!!!

This is interesting, as I had a lady write to me a couple of years ago, including an invoice for something I hadn't recieved. It was within the time QVC state you have to wait to declare something missing so they still made me wait the required time before starting the process for a refund. Even though I sent them the invoice and a copy of the ladies letter, it took almost 2 weeks for me to get a refund. So I think they have just assumed that lady got her order-it would take them only a minute to call the customer to check but I bet they haven't done it!

I always have stuff go missing due to my postie leaving it on doorstep AND signing for it. On one occasion QVC refused to refund me as they said I MUST have told him do this!! Cheek!!
Just been on hols for a week and some things I ordered before and during my hols are yet to appear!!!

You should definitely report this to Royal Mail as there is a procedure that should be followed when posties are unable to deliver.

I'm sure their system shows that she was sent her Smashbox set because they printed out the invoice but I wonder whether there are checks beyond that stage to monitor the package's progress beyond that point? I wonder whether they actually rang her to ask whether or not it had arrived or perhaps they're just relying on the fact that she hasn't reported it missing?

I agree it's a little worrying that details can be "misplaced" in this way. It used to shock me that the Warrington outlet shop was full of stuff still with return slips enclosed.

Looking forward to hearing what the chief exec has to say.

Jude xx

Well, I received a phone call from a very nice lady in the CEO's office yesterday. She was very apologetic about the mistake and asked me to give her the order number on the other person's invoice. She said that way they could check if it had been sent out and if not they would ring her and make sure she got her order. The way she spoke Jude, it would seem you are correct in your assumption that there are no checks beyond checking the invoice was printed out. She is also sending me a reply paid label so I can return the invoice I shouldn't have received and she said from that they can check on the packaging and despatch error (I assume find out who was responsible). She kept saying how grateful they were to me for drawing it to their attention. Hopefully all's well that ends well and there are still stocks available to send out to the other lady. My good deed for the week!!

Well, I received a phone call from a very nice lady in the CEO's office yesterday. She was very apologetic about the mistake and asked me to give her the order number on the other person's invoice. She said that way they could check if it had been sent out and if not they would ring her and make sure she got her order. The way she spoke Jude, it would seem you are correct in your assumption that there are no checks beyond checking the invoice was printed out. She is also sending me a reply paid label so I can return the invoice I shouldn't have received and she said from that they can check on the packaging and despatch error (I assume find out who was responsible). She kept saying how grateful they were to me for drawing it to their attention. Hopefully all's well that ends well and there are still stocks available to send out to the other lady. My good deed for the week!!

Good result, I'm sure the other lady will be pleased due to your efforts.

Latest posts

Back