Decleor v Gatineau

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

soots40

Registered Shopper
I `m just interested to hear which people prefer. Is one better than the other? or are they both just premier skin care products?

I have tried both and am not overly impressed with either..though individually each brand has some reasonable items.
I think they are very over rated and overpriced for mediocre results.
Decleor products smell nicer imho!!!

They are both excellent premium salon brands and I use both. I wouldn't say one is better than the other as it really depends on what your skin concerns are and which work for you personally. You could always order the smaller kits to see which range your skin likes and that you enjoy using.

:sun:

Is Decleor more natural as they promote essential oils in their products where Gatineau just promote the results and not what is in their products.

I might have just picked this up wrongly from the info given on QVC though

Is Decleor more natural as they promote essential oils in their products where Gatineau just promote the results and not what is in their products.

Yes I think you're right. Gatineau is much more chemical based and imho has a very synthetic heavy fragrance. No good for my skin anyway. Decleor is based on more natural ingredients, however, some of their products do contain parabens and mineral oils so it's always worth checking the ingredient list if you have concerns.

As always with skincare what suits one person is totally wrong for another. Trial and error unfortunately.

I `m just interested to hear which people prefer. Is one better than the other? or are they both just premier skin care products?

I use both. I tend to stock up when there are offers on. I think the Gatineau cleanser is a bit thicker than Decleor but they both agree with my skin. I have used Elemis too but not as much as it's more expensive. I buy the 400ml supersizes when they're available. At the moment I've just ordered the Decleor duo because they come with smaller sizes for travelling (free) and today there's no P&P charge. In fact, looking on the website, the 400 ml size is cheaper than the 250 ml.

For some reason I just cannot get on with Gatineau stuff. It's the only range ever to continually bring me out in a rash or spots. Decleor has some lovely items, they smell great, but they've never really made much difference to my skin.

Decleor is based on the use of essential oils (aromatherapy) which work on the body and mind and it's use has been around for hundreds of years so it's benefits are well documented. Only their Aromessences and balms are 100% natural I believe but essential oils are in the rest of their range. The aromas are heavenly!

Gatineau uses ingredients from everywhere, essential oils, marine extracts , plant extracts and biotechnology and is very different from Decleor. It's results driven (so is Decleor) but in a high tech way.

Decleor is my favourite. The prologene gel is superb and I love their balms and oils - neroli and rose d'orient for me. Used their body moisturiser in pregnancy and didn't get a single stretch mark.
I have only ever had two really bad reactions to skincare products and one was with Gatineau - the Floracil, which lots of people love, brought me up in big red blotches and gave me really tight, dry skin. However, the moisturing eye patches are excellent.
My skin therapist, who doesn't push products and is not on commission, was unsurprised by my reaction to Gatineau, has seen it before, and said she felt the brand was overperfumed and too chemical compared to other brands.

I prefer Decleor. I do have limited experience of Gatineau, I bought the lip stuff once and it stung the hell out of my lips.

My impression was that Decleor were more 'natural' and Gatineau more 'scientific', I think this is borne out with ingredients but is also probably linked to some degree with the companies' marketing and locating of their brands within their industry. I've far more experience with Decleor; I generally have one of their cleansers on the go, use Prolagene every morning and an Aromessence every evening, and think Phytopeel is the best exfoliant around. I've also been impressed with Balm Essential, seems to give a better result on my irritated skin than what I think must be the new formulation of Elemis SOS - I re-purchased this recently after a gap of a couple of years and am convinced it's different to the product I was using previously! I've only tried a handful of Gatineau products including a lip treatment which may now be discontinued - can't see it online - and DefiLift for eyes, the latter of which gave an outstanding result (but then so does Hydrotenseur!)

I've always loved Decleor, have always used the System Corps and did use the cleanser and toner and many other of their range for years, however seemed to move away from the brand to Gatineau when QVC didn't seem to have many Decleor shows for a while and seemed to push Gatineau more. Therefore I've used both brands quite a lot, I love the balms and oils (face and body) and shower gels of Decleor but Gatineau have got some very good items I continue to use; the neck gel, lip product and they have a mask which I find works very well overnight and also I think there Floracil eye make-up remover is very good.

I don't like heavy smells because they give me a head ache and I've never had any issues with the smells of Gatineau.

I used to use Decleor till they changed the formula of their toner about 10 years ago - now I generally use Gatineau which suits my skin more as it is maturing. The Gatineau serum and the eye cream are the best I have used and I love the floricil.

I've recently started to use Decleor and I love it. I've never had good results from Gatineau, and their throat/neck cream caused me to have a very bad reaction. I ended up having to get medication from GP. Never had any problems with Decleor. All their products smell devine and always give my skin a silky feel.

I had a violent reaction to the Gatineau throat gel, within 5 minutes my skin erupted into blisters the size of 50p pieces all over my neck and throat and was hot, bright red and itchy. I was terrified, it was like going into anaphylactic shock, the histamines in my body then brought me out in a raised rash on my legs and torso. I took anti-histamines for two days and it went down thank goodness.

I tried to post a review on the website but surprise, surprise it was rejected although I see at least 10 other people have had allergic reactions to the gel too (and that's the ones that got through the censor). I know anyone can be allergic to anything but I don't have sensitive skin and I honestly can't believe that product is safe for the general public with that many allergic reactions being reported.

I have used lots of decleor and just love the sensory experience. True luxury. I once tried a Gatineau set and liked it but I do find they put too many tiddly bits and pieces in these kits that I question the need for. Also I don't share their devotion to floracil, preferring a one-stop cleanser, so it puts me off that floracil is in so many kits. If I followed all their recommendations it'd be dark before I was ready to leave the house!

I am interested in the new age benefit cream from gatineau and might have waited for the tsv in June if I could have been sure it would be included and that there would be no floracil. As it is I now have loads of decleor and will almostly certainly f.a.r.t on the gatineau tsv.

I wonder how they work out the scheduling because lots of people like both decleor and gatineau and with the tsv's being so close together then surely gatineau will lose some sales.
I wish they would give us advance notice of what's going to be included so we can wait for what we really want.

Anyway I'm pleased with my decleor because I know I'll use every last bit of everything I've bought.:happy::happy::happy:

I've tried both although more Decleor and not keen on either, sadly I bought into the hype but I must say I do use Decleor's Neroli Oil, a bit of Dermalogica (super rich repair), a bit of Aveda a bit of Elemis (SOS cream), a bit of Estee Lauder (refinishing cream) and a bit of Liz Earle.

There's only one way to decide it...

Andrew and Fiona...

FIGHT !

Smart money's on Fiona

I have used both and find I can't use Decleor arromessences even the body ones bring me out in rashes.
I mainly use the Tan Accelerator from Gatineau.
I have lately been buying more Clairns than QVC brands, get Boots points and the assistans very good with samples.

Latest posts

Back