OK come on then... own up...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i got quite tempted to get the clip in fringe, but managed to stop myself as something (no doubt the one sensible brain cell I have) told me that it would be a naff disaster and I would look like a low rent drag queen who had been booted off "Britain's got Talent"

I thought the dark haired bob one really suited Claire Sutton.

I did wonder if I needed one for disguise purposes but thought I could get away with dark glasses and a moustache for now!

:mysmilie_17:

ok hands up i ordered the scrunchy one lol it looked quite nice and i have a wedding to go to and thought my hair would look nice with that not planning on buying any more just a one off for the wedding

Great buy

ok hands up i ordered the scrunchy one lol it looked quite nice and i have a wedding to go to and thought my hair would look nice with that not planning on buying any more just a one off for the wedding

Hi :happy:
I have the scrunchy and I use it all the time. It is great for the days when you cant do anything with your hair and mine is a really good match to my hair colour. It looks really natural (as I have been told by several people) - my own hair would never be as good - I used to have longer hair and it never curled nicely in a pony tail, like the scrunchy does. Now my hair is a bit shorter, my natural pony tail is more like a shaving brush and needs a bit of help to look fuller. I attach mine with a chopstick - it feels more secure.
:nod::nod::nod:

Last edited:
I thought the scrunchy one and the bob looked quite nice and natural - but the clip in fringe looked awful on Debbie Flint, during the following Diamonique hour she kept pointing it out as if to say 'THIS ISN'T MY REAL HAIR!!!!!' as if she was mortified!

Claire had the dark bob wig put on her yesterday and she looked fab! She should have her hair dyed that colour, it looked so lovely on her...

Think the scrunchie thing looked really good. My hair's way too short to get into a pony tail yet (am growing it again!) but when it is, if they're still selling them, I'll certainly buy.

Not sure I'd feel confident in any of the other things though. Maybe it's fine for Jessica Simpson when she has Ken PaaaRRRRves to clip it all in securely, but not sure I'd feel so confident!

I'm sure JR was wearing one for the TSV launch last night. She normally has a flat crown and her hair doesn't usually hang too well at the back but last night, as she turned to the side, she clearly had hair sticking out at the back where it normally doesn't.

OK, I confess! I bought a fringe last time around. Unfortunately, I have weird hair so it looked ridiculous on me but I think it would look OK on someone with normal hair. Mine is really coarse and frizzy and my roots come through really fast. It went straight back.

Maybe I should think about a scrunchie.

Think the scrunchie thing looked really good. My hair's way too short to get into a pony tail yet (am growing it again!) but when it is, if they're still selling them, I'll certainly buy.

Not sure I'd feel confident in any of the other things though. Maybe it's fine for Jessica Simpson when she has Ken PaaaRRRRves to clip it all in securely, but not sure I'd feel so confident!

I'ts one thing having a professional adding these to your hair and another when you do it yourself. If it was me I'd me having 'Carpet do's' by Ken Crazypaving! :eek:

I thought the scrunchy one and the bob looked quite nice and natural - but the clip in fringe looked awful on Debbie Flint, during the following Diamonique hour she kept pointing it out as if to say 'THIS ISN'T MY REAL HAIR!!!!!' as if she was mortified!

Claire had the dark bob wig put on her yesterday and she looked fab! She should have her hair dyed that colour, it looked so lovely on her...

I believe she said it was close to her natural colour which probably explains why it looked so fab!

I ordered the scrunchy the last time it was on ........ and it was also cheaper at £16.75. I've got long hair, but bought it to add some extra body when I have my hair tied back or up. The colour match is spot on. Didn't bother with the fringe thing though because I've already got one that looks like the one he demonstrated - the difference being that mine grows out of my scalp. :wink:

Wigs are funny though aren't they?? Some people can put them on and look good or at least "real". I try one on and it jutst looks weird. Can't understand why.......lfor example Debbie Flint, she looked plain daft whilst Claire and Julia looked good.

It's the same with hats though, isn't it? Everyone tells me my DD looks a lot like me, and even I can see she has the same shaped face as me. She can rock any hat-they just look great on her, in fact her friends have a long-term bet on when they go out shopping togther as to whether anyone can find a hat that doesn't suit her. 2 years on and they are still looking! She even wears glasses most of the time yet can look great in a hat. Me-I just look plain ridiculous in any and every hat, and always thought it was due to my glasses. Having said that, I think youngsters can usually get away with more stuff anyway, can't they? I could imagine my DD looking great in all of those hair pieces-me, I would just look tragic.I am waiting to find out if I need chemo, and I know it's trivial but I can't help worrying about how silly I would look in a wig :(

I could imagine my DD looking great in all of those hair pieces-me, I would just look tragic.I am waiting to find out if I need chemo, and I know it's trivial but I can't help worrying about how silly I would look in a wig :(

Fingers crossed it's good news for you SuziQ. You can find some really nice looking wigs, but they're made to order out of real hair and of course, cost an absolute fortune. There's some fab scarfs and lots of different ways to tie them if necessary and I bet you don't look anywhere near as bad in a hat as you think you do.

What I do find tragic is these old chaps that are so obviously wearing a wig because it looks like a bit of old carpet and is the opposite colour to everything else.

Well I'll own up to just ordering the scrunchie and the bangs! My hair needs lots of work on it to look anything like, so hopefully this will save time on those bad hair days.

I dont mind hair pieces at all, I have a variety of pieces and wigs that I wear to the goth weekends and they look fab and realistic.

Also I have to defend women who need to wear wigs. When my mum lost her hair with chemo she was devestated, she had glorious hair. She did get a wig via the NHS, but didnt ever wear it as she felt it looked like a wig (it didnt it looked very natural), so she just wore scarves. She did feel that the issue with scarves is that if you dont have a fringe or some hair in a pony tail etc.. just showing under the scarf, then everyone knows you are wearing it because you have cancer and no hair. I did end up making a fringe and attaching it to a soft headband which she wore under her scarf and liked very much.

Please before folk make too much of a joke about wigs, spare a thought for those in less fortunate positions.

Hi :happy:
I have the scrunchy and I use it all the time. I attach mine with a chopstick - it feels more secure.
:nod::nod::nod:

Hi, how do you attach it it with a chopstick please, although I'll have to wait a while to try it out, just ordered it on advance orders only.

Fingers crossed it's good news for you SuziQ. You can find some really nice looking wigs, but they're made to order out of real hair and of course, cost an absolute fortune.

If you are having chemo you are entitled to a wig from the NHS. This does NOT mean an NHS wig, my mum got a voucher from the hospital and we went to a wig shop in a lovely boutique arcade. My mum had the pick of the shop, she went for a long one in her own hair colour from the Raquel Welch range, after she 'bought' it, the assisstant told my mum it was the most expensive one in the shop, worth £300. We didnt know that when we were choosing so she didnt choose based on the price, she went for it as it was similar to her own hair and had a skin like mesh which is more comfortable.

This isn't where we got the wig from, but it shows the range, they are very good. http://www.valentinewigs.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=39_49

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back