Diet Chef TSV????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

B

BenFongTorres

Guest Shopper
84 quid for 2 weeks worth of food,are they having a laff??:mysmilie_503:

I can feed myself for a month with that money and this includes me buying organic fruit and veg.

I think you could devise your own version of Diet Chef if you understand portions,etc.

By the way those Oatbakes are available from Tesco for 47p a pack.

Julia looks well though.

yep i agree if you know what to eat and what size portions you should be able to lose weight i suppose it's convenient you get it all for you you don't have to think about it tis lot of money though diverting kinda read denise van outen gets meals delivered to her to help lose the baby weight wonder if it's diet chef?

yep i agree if you know what to eat and what size portions you should be able to lose weight i suppose it's convenient you get it all for you you don't have to think about it tis lot of money though diverting kinda read denise van outen gets meals delivered to her to help lose the baby weight wonder if it's diet chef?

Hmm??,I do wonder what's to stop you from snarfing the whole month or fortnights worth of snacks in 3 days,once it's delivered??

The willpower component is so important here. Or maybe why Diet Chef is successful for some people is that because they've paid so much gosh-darn money for it,that's enough motivation for them to stick to it.

I still say, devise your own Diet Chef,if you need to lose some pounds,most people know what they should and shouldn't be eating,you shouldn't have to hemorrhage tons of money in order to do so.

I simpy don't understand products like this.

As you've all said, people are perfectly capable of controlling their portions and food without spending £84. I mean, convienience - Yes. Value - No.

Last edited:
But what's to stop you doing the diet for the 2 weeks and then sending back all the empty packaging to get a full refund?

I have just checked out what this diet consists of and it sounds very low cal, for instance for lunch it's either soup or a shake, sounds like Slimfast, can't be good for you in the long run and I bet you're still starving afterwards!

How much weight do they reckon you can lose in those 2 weeks?

It is all down to portion control and the portion on diet chef are really small, this
diet will show you how much you should be eating but won't teach you any healthy eating habits

Ithink weight loss will be the normal 2 - 3 lb in the first week then 1-2 after that

Unbelievable prices! You still need to add fruit, vegetables eggs and milk etc. and to be honest the contents of my dog's bowl look more appetizing than the slurry she's ladling onto those plates.

Diet Chef TSV?

It worked for Julia, good on her. To be honest I would lose weight just looking at the uninteresting looking food, maybe it's seeing it all together... but no thank you.

I do n't know if I have misheard her but I think Julia said she did Diet Chef for 2 weeks then did it on her own with proper food

Julia must be the third or forth presenter to do the diet especially for TSVs.

CHuntley was the first, she did not need to lose weight as far as I could see to start with.

Then Kathy and was it Ann? Kathy does look good but don't think she has been losing more weight, but had a makeover hair etc.

Anyway next thing a few months later they all looked exactly the same as before. So makes you think its only for people who want a quick fix for something special(an up coming wedding etc). But no way could you still to it for months on end if you have alot of weight to lose. They never have someone on as an example, Mrs/Miss/Mr weight 20st to start and the next visit for the show in so many months has lost whatever.

Silly me, I tried a four week supply of Diet Chef last year, but bought it direct from their website as I don't eat meat. Although it is more expensive that way, you can choose excactly what you want and as the beach was looming and it was November, I thought the hot meals and soups would make it easier for me to quickly shed the 1/2 stone I wanted to lose.
Firstly, I found the hot meals really quite unappetizing - I'm no great chef, but I could have cooked them all better myself. The cereals and snack bars are all available at a lower price from supermarkets, but I did enjoy those. The soups were tasty until about nine days in I found a piece of glass in my mouth from one of them. This rather put me off the whole meal plan and as I didn't enjoy many of the evening meals, I stopped using it altogether and have all the rest sitting in my cupboard.
I did report it to them, and they said they would get back to me, but this thread has reminded me that I haven't heard a word from them and we are now six months down the road!
I know if I had bought it from QVC I would have got my money back, but what sort of company ignores the report of glass in their food?
I should have chased it up, but with the lovely holiday and Christmas etc. I must admit it slipped my mind and it's probably too late now.
I lost the weight on my own and really do think that portion control and a bit of exercise are the way to go, otherwise when you come off the plan, you are likely to put it all back on again.

Does anyone know what brand the Granola is? I already have Nairn oatcakes as my snacks at work but I'd love to try the granola too, I know someone said here you can get it in most supermarkets :happy:

I have to say watching a bit of the repeat this morning, the vast majority of the meals looked disgusting! And serving them with a few green beans and raw spring onion didn't help either....no thanks!

Tx

Welldone Julia!

This morning Julia said she had lost 18 pounds on this regime. Well done her.
I thought she looked a wee bit smaller.

The trouble is I also thought her face, neck and arms looked more gaunt. She likes
to show off her usually wonderfully toned arms but they have now gone a bit saggy
with wrinkly skin hanging down. Not a good look.
Thats what puts me right off losing weight too quickly when you are over 40.
Your skin just hangs there like the air has been pumped out.
I am trying to lose weight but only very slowly so I dont feel totally deprived and hopefully dont end up looking too gaunt. I am doing loads of exercise to keep everything toned up.
It is bl**dy difficult to lose when weight when your over forty. Well it is for a
greedy beggar like me! ; )

I cant say any of that Diet Chef powdered stuff would ever appeal to me in a million
years. You are best off doing like the Queen and just eating your usual food but
a bit more healthily and cutting down the portion sizes. Three 40 min sessions of
exercise each week works wonders to.

Whenever I see Diet Chef on I always think how unappetizing the food looks and how astronomical the prices are, and wonder why people don't simply cut down portion sizes, exercise more etc etc, but then I think a lot of people feel they don't have the time or skills to do this. I'd like to see a renewed focus in schools on teaching kids how to budget both in terms of their diet and their money, I think these are really crucial life skills. I guess if Diet Chef helps those who are struggling to lose weight and whose health is at risk it's got to be positive but as others have noted I can't see it as a long term solution as it doesn't teach the healthy eating habits that are needed to keep the weight off, and yo-yo dieting can be even more dangerous. Unless it would be Diet Chef forever and that I think would be an expensive and pretty miserable existence!

Don't forget to factor in the cost of new clothes! JR said that she had "thrown out" all her larger size jeans rather than just putting them out of the way somewhere (I hope by thrown out, she actually meant taken to a charity shop or similar). Perhaps she'll try to borrow Sophie's? ;) Just as long as she manages to keep it all off once she's off the DC plan. Apparently she's been on it since March? But as one reply above says, I bet it was all given to her for nothing.

I know I'm lucky that I'm naturally slim but I appreciate how hard it can be by having two larger sisters. I actually felt left out on occasions because all the larger ladies would go to their clubs and so on and l wouldn't get asked. They only go now for the social life as they never lost any actual weight! My policy has always been "little and often". I don't feel the need to starve myself or feel I'm missing out on treats - I just don't eat too much of them.

Watched a bit more and I'm surprised that this diet is only 1200 cals a day plus fruit and veg. That seems pretty low to me, you MUST be hungry on it! Also if you're only having that amount the weight loss must be more than the 1-2lb a week they reckon it will be.

The only way to lose weight is to cut down on the calories and get some exercise and do it for life. Crash/fad diets do not work... in the long run.

Latest posts

Back