P & P costs

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mak

Registered Shopper
hi :hi:

i am sure its been mentioned here in the past but i am really shocked by the cost of postage from QVC. i have not shopped in a long time with them as i dont find their great prices that great when compared with others. i ordered 2 small beauty items and 2 light weight tops from them during the week and the postage to Eire was over £23:angry::angry::angry:. IT SEEMS ALOT WHEN AMAZON CAN SHIP A LARGE KENWOOD MIXER FREE . I DONT PAY EITHER IF MY ORDER IS OVER £25:clapping::clapping::clapping:.

I think QVC need to do something with their postage costs and start to appreciate their customers like many other outlets do

does anybody else find the costs high or was i just unlucky in my purchases ???

I agree entirely. QVC P&P costs are prohibitive. If you purchase a few products within one show, then you could be paying over £15 in P&P. This makes the items very expensive. Fair enough if you are ill, bedridden or live in the middle of nowhere, or if you know you cannot get the items anywhere else, but I look around or get alternatives.
If you then have to return your purchases you have to pay the P&P twice. I love the way the presenters say, 'buy them in all colours and if you don't like them, then you have your 30-day guarantee and have not lost out' err.. yes you have - you have paid large sums of money to the post office for nothing but a load of inconvenience.

I think we're stuck with it...

It's been a perennial bugbear on this forum for the past 8 years I've been a member here, but sadly I don't think QVC will ever change their policy on this. Enough people are still ordering inspite of the postage costs and I'm sure it's a way in which QVC offset the costs of their 30 day MBG.

Jude xx

Yeah I think you're right Jude, it's one of the reasons they can offer the 30dmbg, their p&p costs cover it.
Sam xx

Their P & P costs are way too high. I recently returned a Butler & Wilson necklace and sent it first class at a cost of about £2.50 which was less than they charged for sending it second class.

I think their P&P is so high.Especially when other comapnies are so low.

Last christmas,I did all my christmas shopping online.

Amazon,Play and john lewis charged me nothing for P&P with marks and spencers charging a penny (don't know what that was all about?!) I ordered 7 or 8 large candles from yankee doodle and they charged me £2.50 for the whole package - and it was really heavy.

I was loathed to buy anything from qvc during this period when there were so many good deals elsewhere on p&p.

In some respects,I've given up moaning about the p&p - I don't think it will ever change.I think its disgusting if you buy more than one item in one order,that they can't lump them together???

However,I do think the p&p is there for all to see - and if you don't like it,don't buy.Its certainly something I take into account when buying - and very often stops me.

It does irritate me though,when the presenters never mention the p&p - and yet on special surprises etc when the p&p is free,you never hear the end of the saving you make!!!! Debbie flint has an awful way of trying to tell you the price is cheaper,as she knocks the p&p off the price?????? not sure how that works??????

Actually, I have ordered more than one item and they have lumped them together by taping, but THEY STILL CHARGE 1.1/2 TIMES POSTAGE. What's that all about.

P xx

the p and p is the top reason why I very rarely shop with them, amazon do such good deals and other on line stores do the decent thing and charge per order as opposed to per item. I agree that the sky high p and p must be an offset factor for the 30 day mbg. It is quite a good "do not buy" technique for me as I force myself to add in the p and p if i fancy the look of something on QVC and it has truly put a stop to impulse buying.

The problem is there seems no rhyme or reason to it. For example you can have a lippy with 4quid postage then a heavy bottle of shower gel or something with 3, madness.

I would think that with days like yesterday they must see that people order more with no postage. I know I did. I bought 2 extra things because of the saving in p&p.

The problem is there seems no rhyme or reason to it. For example you can have a lippy with 4quid postage then a heavy bottle of shower gel or something with 3, madness.

I would think that with days like yesterday they must see that people order more with no postage. I know I did. I bought 2 extra things because of the saving in p&p.

My Mum and & I ordered more because of the free P&P. When you are talking heavy skincare kits with P&P of £4.95 or £5.45 per kit you really notice the difference if it's not there. I think they like to keep free P&P as a special 'treat' that they can draw on every so often (wow thanks QVC!)

On another thread I once likened QVC's policy with regard to P&P to the bit in Yes Minister (if anyone remembers it) where Sir Humphrey explains how the Treasury decide on levels of income tax: they don't work out what they'll need to spend to provide services and tax accordingly, they pitch for just as much as they think they can get away with!

Their strange postage policy is one of the reasons I always go for TSV's (beauty) because I can't bring myself to pay ridiculous p+p for a single items that are light in weight such as mascaras and eye pencils. The same goes if you are buying the same product but in a different colour.

I know I went a bit mad spending yesterday but I feel much better for not being ripped off in p+p charges and knowing I will use every product too.

I think QVC ought to have free p+p on over a certain spend in one order, most other companies do (eg free p+p if order is over £100)

Decleor was selling out of most things yesterday and no doubt the free postage helped.

:flower::flower::flower:

I don't think P&P is to cover the MBG. Other places offer MBGs of the same terms and still offer free P&P. Although I am sure that the excess £2 or £3 to send a lipstick overs the loss they make in only charging something like £7.99 to send a 40" TV set.

I bought three Decleor products yesterday and none of them from QVC. Even with the free P&P there were still better deals to be had elsewhere online.

I bought more than one item yesterday as well, purely because of the free p&p. (and because I wanted it of course!!). It is the only time that I have ever bought more than one thing at a time because the thought of paying so much postage is just too much for me.

How about if we all start querying it when we order by phone. When they ask if there is anything else they can help us with, why don't we all ask if there is a single p&p per order. Then when they say no, we politely reply that in that case, that will be all thanks. This sort of drip drip might eventually have some effect.

I see that there's free p&p on gayle hayman today btw, so let's hope it's a growing trend.

I don't think P&P is to cover the MBG. Other places offer MBGs of the same terms and still offer free P&P. Although I am sure that the excess £2 or £3 to send a lipstick overs the loss they make in only charging something like £7.99 to send a 40" TV set.

I bought three Decleor products yesterday and none of them from QVC. Even with the free P&P there were still better deals to be had elsewhere online.

I had one Decleor item on a deliberation-inspired chequehold but thanks to this forum checked the other sites I'd been recommended to and found it cheaper, even accounting for the free P&P! I have to say though that after a thorough trawl of the Net I couldn't find a better price for the couple of kits my Mum bought yesterday. I guess some deals are better than others.

I did a bit of on line shopping yesterday and it went like this:

Solar lights for my back garden from amazon, free super saver delivery

a few bits from Avon,gel eyeliner, nail stuff, etc, free p and p

A dress from a site I can't recall name of at moment, 20% discount

all with MBG and I spent a total of £63, translated into a QVC spend of equivalent items I have a feeling it would be well over £100 as their p and p bumps it up so much.

Last edited:

You're right. I ordered some Decleor items too from another site as the savings often beat QVC even with free p+p.

Looking forward to receiving my Decleor this week! :clapping:

The p&p costs are the main reason I now think twice about ordering from QVC.When I first began shopping with QVC they offered brands which were not available elsewhere, now this has changed.Unless it is a good value TSV or free p&p then I won't be shopping

The p&p costs are the main reason I now think twice about ordering from QVC.When I first began shopping with QVC they offered brands which were not available elsewhere, now this has changed.Unless it is a good value TSV or free p&p then I won't be shopping

My sentiments exactly Silver Fox!!! :star:

I'm not sure that the postage costs pay for the MBG as I imagine that's built into the selling price.

However, I reckon they charge postage separately because if they didnt the would have to repay the full cost in the MBG, which would include the postage cost. This way its only the item cost they repay and the shoppers foot the cost of postage both ways.

It certainly makes me think twice and shop around more.

I agree about the exorbitant QVC p&p costs. They always make me think twice about ordering anything and I have never bought more than one item per show because of this. Conversely, however, because of the capped p&p on C&C I often stock up on everyday items when ordering, so I'm sure their policy generates more business.

Latest posts

Back