Why do I find her so insincere?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

dottiebird

Registered Shopper
I tuned in to see the TSV tonight of the bold opaques........ and why oh why do I find DEBBIE FLINT so insincere. She makes me feel sick with her presenting skills (I take back skills), she is the chavviest of the chavs.........:down: Everything that woman tries to sell me on QVC goes down like a lead balloon:down: She shrieks like a woman on helium,

Why on earth did they invite her back again after she left:wonder:

If I could reach through the screen I would smack her straight between the eyes:puke:

Sorry, but this woman is the pits........... get her off our screens now.

Smarmy, slimey and utterly talking down to everyone in her patronising way...... aaaagghhh.

Right I am off to bed now to dream of ways of disposing of this dreadfulf woman.

Last edited:
I quite like her, not afraid to send herself up. She was laughing about being old and a size 16 in the Dreamkeeper hour:call:

So much for Diet Chef then, eh? :wonder:

Mind you, anyone could see she'd been well and truly 'Spanxed' when presenting the launch...:giggle:

That said, Diet Chef only appears to work on Julia Robert's neck! We all know she uses that chin gizmo thing, but lately I wonder if she's swapped that for African Tribal neck rings as she's beginning to look more and more like a giraffe....

tvs

Last edited:
I tuned in to see the TSV tonight of the bold opaques........ and why oh why do I find DEBBIE FLINT so insincere. She makes me feel sick with her presenting skills (I take back skills), she is the chavviest of the chavs.........:down: Everything that woman tries to sell me on QVC goes down like a lead balloon:down: She shrieks like a woman on helium,

If I could reach through the screen I would smack her straight between the eyes:puke:

Smarmy, slimey and utterly talking down to everyone in her patronising way...... aaaagghhh.

Right I am off to bed now to dream of ways of disposing of this dreadfulf woman.

Fair enough to say you do not like someone, but to me its unacceptable to say you could smack her straight between the eyes just because you do not like her.

I quite like DF. She has quietly grown on me. She seems down-to-earth, not big-headed and can laugh at herself. She has a wicked laugh.

She really suited her Dreamkeeper top the other day, the colour really suited her and the sparkly gold stones were a good complement. I think the strong blue she often wears is a bit hard on her. I love that colouring she has with red hair. Very striking. She does look a bit like a cat to me (that's a compliment in my book).

It's true she does go on and on about prices and the P&P thing she does (taking it off the price if it's free) is a bit weird. However, I can handle those.

I think some of you just watch the people you dislike so that you can come on here and slag them off!

'Smacking someone between the eyes'???? Newsflash - TV's switch over, they also switch OFF!!

Sorry to have offended some of you ladies, I take back the smacking between the eyes bit........ it was very childish of me I know. It was an heat of the moment thing, and I should know better. I will just use the off button like you say when she is on again. I still can't stand her though.

Sorry to have offended some of you ladies, I take back the smacking between the eyes bit........ it was very childish of me I know. It was an heat of the moment thing, and I should know better. I will just use the off button like you say when she is on again. I still can't stand her though.

I wasn't offended at all DB - I'm sure it was just an 'off the cuff' remark which we all make from time to time, such as 'I could kill so-and-so' which we don't really mean. Don't feel bad about it on my account - I for one certainly did not take it literally!

I think some of you just watch the people you dislike so that you can come on here and slag them off!

'Smacking someone between the eyes'???? Newsflash - TV's switch over, they also switch OFF!!

You have recently joined the forum, like myself, after months of 'lurking' so I am curious as to why on a couple of threads you have criticised other forumites for voicing their opinions about presenters. There have been many, many threads criticising various presenters in the past, which you cannot fail to have missed if you've been lurking for ages. You must have known the sort of things discussed on the forum before you joined.

Don't worry dottiebird, I'm sure it was obvious to most people that you weren't actually serious!! :whew:
x

You have recently joined the forum, like myself, after months of 'lurking' so I am curious as to why on a couple of threads you have criticised other forumites for voicing their opinions about presenters. There have been many, many threads criticising various presenters in the past, which you cannot fail to have missed if you've been lurking for ages. You must have known the sort of things discussed on the forum before you joined.

Boycie to answer your question, yep you're right I have recently joined after lurking for a while but obviously as a lurker I didn't read everything, only the bits that I was interested in and to be honest, as a lurker, I don't recall reading so many personal remarks about the presenters, because if I had, I wouldn't have joined! Phew, that was a long sentence! I decided to join because it was a laugh and it was nice to get a heads up on future products. Just lately it seems to have gotten a bit too critical.

I'm a bit baffled why the same old remarks keep coming up. Surely if you don't like someone, then don't watch them, or if you're after something in a specific hour, then hit the mute button? That's what I do.

IMO criticising is fine if it's justified but being nasty is a completly different issue and I do find some comments made about presenters offensive.

:wait: The trouble with t'interweb forums is that you get all sorts - I was mentally nodding :nod::grin::nod: enthusiastically when Dottiebird mentioned dishing out a bit of a slap...... doesn't make me a bad person....... just shows an active imagination.

As to DF, she does annoy me more than a bit - she does this kind of talk that is artificailly full of wonder as if she's just discovered a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow when in fact she is looking at a polyester bit of tat.

She could also do with putting those knees under cover but now I'm moving towards catty...... saucer of milk please :blush:.

If you think about it, all of the presenters are insincere, they have to be, it's their job to sell, sell, sell.
There's not one of them that can possibly like or believe in everything they sell so they all have to grin and lie between their teeth, it's just some are better than others:wait:

I think the presenters are ok apart from Debbie Flint. Can't go her at all so I just don't watch shows that she does - makes me cringe. Bearing in mind I only watch the beauty shows, I like Julia, Pippa and yes I do enjoy Alison Young. Although it makes me laugh when they come away with the "I only use this product and wouldn't be without it" on every brand. But thats their job to sell the stuff and I'm a sucker for the patter - they hook me every time so they must be doing their job right.

I genuinely don't understand why people get so worked up about presenters. What I find even more baffling is that posters often read - and quote - the hated presenter's blogs and often seem to know an unhealthy amount about them.

I find it very difficult to watch JF, AY, JR and CS so I don't , or have them muted.

I have no interest whatsoever in what ANY presenter says and does outside of presenting. I read about people dead or alive that pique my interest and ignore those that don't.

The level of nastiness aimed at some of them on here is astounding. If they lie or exaggerate in the manner of AY it is perfectly in order to bring it to our attention. Attempting to influence us towards voting for a family member in the manner of JR recently, deserves comment. As they are in the public eye, it is fair to comment on a hairdo or an unfortunate choice of clothes but the venom and violence (even if not meant literally) is out of all proportion to the "crime".................IMO..........

I used to quite dislike DF.I was disappointed when she came back - I really didn't think she had anything to offer - and felt she proved me right,when she did reappear.

However,I love birkenstock - and recently had to sit through a whole hour of DF presenting to watch the birkenstock show.I have to say,she was really informative.I buy a size 6 in birkenstock - end of,no questions.She however, was saying what fits her shape foot and what size she took in this style and how it differed in size from the last style etc..It had no impact or relevance to me - but I imagine if you were confused by sizing - or wondering what size you were if you were between sizes - I imagine she was a massive help.I've never heard other presenters be so honest about sizing.

If you think about it, all of the presenters are insincere, they have to be, it's their job to sell, sell, sell.
There's not one of them that can possibly like or believe in everything they sell so they all have to grin and lie between their teeth, it's just some are better than others:wait:

They are salespeople for goodness sake! They can't possibly like everytihng that they sell and though I do agree that it is wrong to lie and say that you like something when you don't, there is the option to simply describe the item correctly and leave it at that. That means that when you do like something and say so, people will realise that you are sincere.

To go back to the original title of the thread, I find DF annoying at times, but I don't think that she is a bed presenter. She describes the stuff she is selling and shows you around the items well, as does JR. I don't tend to find myself shouting "show me the inside of the bag you nitwit, I want to see the colours, stop wittering on about which colour you have and how many net books, bottles of water and flat shoes you can stuff in it" as I did this morning with JH and the B Makowsky guest. Now that was a really poor presentation.

Latest posts

Back