Beware!!!!!! new call charges

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

maxwell

Registered Shopper
I have just noticed a new number is being displayed, 20p per minute. a complete rip off to their customers.
times must be hard.

I saw that yesterday and thought it would cost more than 20p per minute, being an 09 number. They don't dwell on the change of number, just a quick mention, unlike the stock updates :rolleyes:

Most definitely a step in the right direction to improve customer relations! :down: Wonder what the great late Steve Whatley would make of it all?

It amazes me that this shower of...... err I mean company keep going. They have rip-off postage charges, only sell 3 different products and now have extortionate call rates. What the frell are they thinking??????????????

I just posted this on another thread, but it's relevant here too:

Has anyone tried these numbers? I got them from saynoto0870.com as I hate all these 087 and 0845 type numbers:

01733 316200 (I tried it and it was engaged, but it's listed as main switchboard)

01733 316200 (Customer Services - rings out)

At least if you have an inclusive-type call package, these types of numbers will not be charged and form part of your call package, or free minutes on mobiles :up:

I have just noticed a new number is being displayed, 20p per minute. a complete rip off to their customers.
times must be hard.

Ideal World's postage and call charges have always been expensive, I've never understood how companies use premium rate telephone numbers for their customer care departments. If I've got a complaint I don't want it compounded by being charges exhorbitant rates for the priviledge, especially when I end up speaking to a call centre in India who can't answer any questions that are not in their script ! Now the charges are being increased to 20p a minute ! Well I shall show my disgust and refuse to do business with them and hopefully if enough others follow suit they'll have to rethink it :headbang:

Ideal World's postage and call charges have always been expensive, I've never understood how companies use premium rate telephone numbers for their customer care departments. :headbang:

See my post above which shows a normal landline number for customer service. Just because they advertise a premium rate number, doesn't mean you have to use it - and that goes for any company.

Add this to your faves and each time a company gives out an 087*, 084* etc type number, search for an STD equivalent which could well be free.

http://saynoto0870.com/search.php

It amazes me that this shower of...... err I mean company keep going. They have rip-off postage charges, only sell 3 different products and now have extortionate call rates. What the frell are they thinking??????????????

Your comments say it all really but going to add a few of my own -

I'm guessing there's no option to the 09056 number if you are making a purchase?

For those with no access to the web it's a total disgrace. The last time I used the automated option, probably about eighteen months ago, it took 4 to 5 minutes, thought that was bad enough at 10p a minute! Hopfully customers will let them know what they think by buying elsewhere :down:

Latest posts

Back