AY 15th anniversary

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tourmaline

Registered Shopper
Has anyone seen the clip of AY advertising her forthcoming 15th anniversary show? She is all glammed up to the nines and looks really good. Unfortunately, one shot appears to have her sitting with a fag in her hand, unless I am very much mistaken and my eyes are deceiving me. It spoils the image somehow. Anyone else notice, or did I imagine it?

Has anyone seen the clip of AY advertising her forthcoming 15th anniversary show? She is all glammed up to the nines and looks really good. Unfortunately, one shot appears to have her sitting with a fag in her hand, unless I am very much mistaken and my eyes are deceiving me. It spoils the image somehow. Anyone else notice, or did I imagine it?

I didn't notice that, but I did notice the use of honeylights and tons of Vaseline on the lens; it's shot in VERY soft focus. :giggle:

Will AY actually be on QVC this evening as they are celebrating her 15th year as she is hardly ever on these days!! I've noticed on quite a few beauty TSV's she does not appear. How can she call herself the resident beauty expert when half the time the other female presenters. I think that title should be removed!!

Will AY actually be on QVC this evening as they are celebrating her 15th year as she is hardly ever on these days!! I've noticed on quite a few beauty TSV's she does not appear. How can she call herself the resident beauty expert when half the time the other female presenters. I think that title should be removed!!

Demote the resident beauty expert?!?!?!?!??! Gasp!!!! That's probably why she's taken up smoking!! :giggle:

Credit were credit's due she looks great in that promo, so smart and sassy and manages to come across professionally in it - why can she not present live in the same way?

Credit were credit's due she looks great in that promo, so smart and sassy and manages to come across professionally in it - why can she not present live in the same way?

My thoughts exactly and she's not screeching! She spoke in a similar manner in another promo a while back that come's across as a professional expert , a pleasure to listen to!

Hope you're listening Alison! :wink:

I didn't think she looked that good shoulder pads may be on trend but it looks like zoot suit from the 1930's and as ever I found her bullying and hectoring but I am uber sensitive about presentation. Her aggressive I will tell you etc put me right off.

I have seen the ad.

One she seemed calm, so thought someone had slipped something into her coffee.:wink:

Two so just the usual suspects on this show then. She is waffling on about the cuting edge brands who started at QVC. Most have now left since that time.

So we will have

Gatineau
Elemis
Decleor
Gale Hayman
L'Occitane

Perhaps not even all of these.
Bound to be Gatineau as she can bitch at Andrew as usual.

I have seen the ad, if you were new to QVC you may think "Oh that woman seems to know her stuff" and then tune in to be confronted by your actual, literal, screeching, hectoring, hitting, wittering, English language mangling A Y

Does anyone remember back when AY used to wear a white uniform type outfit - the kind they sometimes wear in beauty salons (don't know what they're called)?

She used to just be an add-on and not the main attraction - how times change :giggle:.

I watched the show for a short while yesterday and she did seem to come across as being quite professional until she started being showered with gifts from the guest. This smacks a bit too much of currying favour and the casual viewer could be mistaken for believing this could have some influence on what products are promoted eagerly, rather than those which are genuinely good. In other walks of life this is usually covered by a code of ethics.

I watched most of her 3 hour show last night and loved it, thought she was on great form, particularly after the floor manager had shoved the chocolate cake into her face! I thought she came over as a bit of a laugh rather than the prissy, bossy madam she can sometimes appear.

Watched tonights two hours show and they had a regular caller Carl on , god he could talk the hind leg off a donkey. I've heard him before praising up LE cleanse and polish tonight it was ultrasun and how brilliant it is. At the end of the call he says "Love you Alison" (runs to toilet)

I watched the show for a short while yesterday and she did seem to come across as being quite professional until she started being showered with gifts from the guest. This smacks a bit too much of currying favour and the casual viewer could be mistaken for believing this could have some influence on what products are promoted eagerly, rather than those which are genuinely good. In other walks of life this is usually covered by a code of ethics.

I agree with you - I was waiting for them to say the 'gifts' would be a prize draw or something which would have been nice!

the flowers from the lecoupe guy were nice maybe they could have just given her her pressies off air is a bit much when their all fawning over her

the flowers from the lecoupe guy were nice maybe they could have just given her her pressies off air is a bit much when their all fawning over her

They did something similar for Julia a few years ago on her anniversary I think ... or was it her 50th birthday ...? Anyway, B&W showered her with stuff as did a few others.

Latest posts

Back