Ideal World Call Charge Rise

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A

Administrator

Guest Shopper
Ideal World have increased the cost to order by phone, each call will now cost 20p per minute, this price hike also applies to Create and Craft's order line

20p does, of course, presume that calls to Ideal World take just a minute.

When in a queue or being held up [deliberately/unintentionally] by the operator, the presenters should have to say you are 'in a queue that'll cost you £1' instead of 'the phone lines are really busy...'

From some of the threads on here, if you have to query the size or colour with an operative who does not speak brilliant English, talking double quick to save money isn't going to work..

Even if you use their automated service, you end up wasting several minutes listening to their "offers" for thing you definitely don't want. If they want to charge this much they should be made to cut back the crap and just leave it to what's necessary.

I was just gonna post this thread meself :call:

The 20p is double what the old number used to charge. Reckon this is to compensate for the reduced postal charges. I only use the phone if I'm forced to, but have noticed on my bill that the charge used to be approx £2.00 because of all the rubbish you have to listen to. Have to say the automated servie isn't as professional as Qcut on QVC. They'll lost sales because of this

P xx

I do not believe that these companies should be making profit from phonecalls to me its like charginging you at the door to go in tescos.

I never order from IW for many reasons: poor cs, poor quality goods and the increase in call charges just proves that IW are not interested in what their customers want, need and deserve. Unlike QVC, IW keep you on the line for as long as is humanly possible, thus raking it in! I always order from QVC online and would, if I was an IW shopper, do the same with them.
My mum does order from C+C more than IW, so this price hike will hit her. I've warned her before. they even sent her a 'special discount offer' to join the club. She was considering it until I told her what kind of a reputation it has!
If IW ever want to be as good as QVC, they will refrain from incurring the wrath of their customer base by introducing profiteering measures such as this latest one.

I was just gonna post this thread meself :call:

The 20p is double what the old number used to charge. Reckon this is to compensate for the reduced postal charges. ...
P xx

Hi. What reduction in postage charges? They still seem to have the most expensive and extortionate charges of all the channels, except of course, the "110% daylight-robbery-how-the-hell-is-it-legal-to-charge-so-much" bid-up channels!

Rich

They were reduced on the Create & Craft channel as well as being capped after three items

It's such a shame when shopping channels charge for phoning up and buying from them. Admitedlly, it's nowehere near as the ridiculous £1.50 call charge for the sit-up channels but it still takes the mick to charge to just phone up and buy something.

Things like this leave you wondering just whether IW care about their customers and reputation at all...

I never order by phone, it's much easier to use the web if you can. They have to make a profit

I try never to order from IW but very occasionally something comes up that I or my friend want and so we have used the automated service. It takes about 6 minutes on average and I am convinced that it never did cost 10p/minute judging by my phone bill. It is so annoying - why can't they copy QVC on this like they have with so much other stuff? Q-Cut is great. And why does the woman on it say 'chew' instead of 'two'? I don't want microfibre cloths either - that's not what I ring for!!!

They were reduced on the Create & Craft channel as well as being capped after three items

Thanks Alan. Same though that what they give in one hand, they take in another.

Oh well I never order from them now so I guess I have no right to complain! :smirk:

Rich

Has anyone tried these numbers? I got them from saynoto0870.com as I hate all these 087 and 0845 type numbers:

01733 316200 (I tried it and it was engaged, but it's listed as main switchboard)

01733 316200 (Customer Services - rings out)

At least if you have an inclusive-type call package, these types of numbers will not be charged and form part of your call package, or free minutes on mobiles :up:

At 11 this evening Dennice said that we, the customers, were best using the website as a 'technical glich' meant all orders were being done manually by calltakers....ker-ching!

If she's not on our screens much over the next few weeks you'll know the bosses did not sanction this!

At 11 this evening Dennice said that we, the customers, were best using the website as a 'technical glich' meant all orders were being done manually by calltakers....ker-ching!

If she's not on our screens much over the next few weeks you'll know the bosses did not sanction this!

I dont understand what you mean (yes I am THAT stupid! :talking: ) - please elaborate.

Ta, Rich

Noticed on the cruise show the other night that it was a freephone number - presume it was direct to Planet Cruise - at least they don't charge.

Latest posts

Back