One for All SUZ915 TV aerial

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

clemenzina

Registered Shopper
What a swizz! They're selling (it's actually just sold out) this TV aerial pushing the "HD ready" function - I've just set up my first TV with HD tuner built in, and I used a 20-year-old Woolies set-top aerial, all Freeview SD and HD channels found, picture-perfect :sun:

You cannot trust them!

clemenzina :devil:

What a swizz! They're selling (it's actually just sold out) this TV aerial pushing the "HD ready" function - I've just set up my first TV with HD tuner built in, and I used a 20-year-old Woolies set-top aerial, all Freeview SD and HD channels found, picture-perfect :sun:

You cannot trust them!

I don't undertand HD at all! have got HD with my V+ box and now have a HD ready TV - but no clue what I need to do to see the the HD???

thanks for the warning about the aerial as it's the sort of thing I'd fall for I'm so clueless...!!

Glad to have been of service :wave:

I THINK that all you need to do to watch High Definition pics on your telly is connect it to the Virgin box with an HDMI cable instead of SCART (I presume you are currently connected with SCART). Here's some to choose from, pick the right length for you, and check out the customer reviews. Do not be persuaded to spend squillions, but don't buy a tuppenny one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/qid=12758...h-alias=electronics&field-keywords=hdmi cable

Not all channels are available in HD, of course, you'll need to check your Virgin guide :)

clemenzina

You cannot trust them!

HD ready function necessary or not, I have a couple of the earlier incarnation of these "flat, square" aerials and they were the only ones that enabled us to pick up any signal at all in our flat. Had tried other types with no success, several being re-packed and returned to Comet/Curry's. We had them in three rooms. Finally the management committee put in new digital aerials into all the living rooms, but still use these in the bedrooms.
have recommended them to several others, definitely worth a try if you have trouble getting a signal
:movie:

It depends on where you live in relation to your transmitter as to what type of aerial is best. I have the bigger, grey version of the One for All, it doesn't work as well as my cheapo set-top aerials. Don't know if it's because it's flat so is more difficult to point at Crystal Palace nearby.

But my only gripe with last night's airing was the way they were stressing it would receive HD signals - as if other indoor aerials would not.

clemenzina

Beware

The problem that is not advertised about getting HD channels through a standard aerial is the limitation of that technology, it is impossible to get the volume of free HD channels via a normal aerial. If you don't want sky and can't get cable, freesat is a good alternative

:)

I know that the volume coming thru some of my Freeview PVRs is much lower than directly via the (non-HD) TV. So I wonder if the problem with volume is Freeview related rather than HD Freeview related? The volume on the new HD TV via the old Woolies aerial is fine.

Better not turn this thread into non-QVC

Glad to have been of service :wave:

I THINK that all you need to do to watch High Definition pics on your telly is connect it to the Virgin box with an HDMI cable instead of SCART (I presume you are currently connected with SCART). Here's some to choose from, pick the right length for you, and check out the customer reviews. Do not be persuaded to spend squillions, but don't buy a tuppenny one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/qid=12758...h-alias=electronics&field-keywords=hdmi cable

Not all channels are available in HD, of course, you'll need to check your Virgin guide :)

clemenzina

thank you Clemenzina, I am home from work now so will check the link, I never knew you needed a special lead - just thought once you had a HD ready TV it would do something automatically!! :mysmilie_501:

yeah you plug an HDMI lead in to get the HD channels don't have the HD channels myself yet but use an HDMI for my blu-ray player

thank you Clemenzina, I am home from work now so will check the link, I never knew you needed a special lead - just thought once you had a HD ready TV it would do something automatically!! :mysmilie_501:

We're with Virgin and we got a free HDMI cable so I would ring them before you go out and buy one.

Just buy any HDMI cable you can - they are all pretty much the same as one another. It's a digital cable so no need for an expensive one.

Latest posts

Back