items in clearance that were never normal stock

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bea Frugal

Registered Shopper
Just looked on the web at qvc's 10.00 fashion clearance hour to see a number of items by Kathleen Kirkwood. I've never heard of this brand and there are no reviews for any of the pieces and I suspect this is some job lot of items brought in just for clearance.

I've noticed this before with qvc and also noticed that sometimes existing ranges throw up some items in clearance that were never available as regular stock.

Are qvc not bound by the guarantees that have to be offered by stores that sale items were originally at a full retail price for a certain length of time? Another example of just glossing over the facts and perhaps being a little economical with the truth?

I remember seeing a Kathleen Kirkwood full hour but it was aeons ago and it never reappeared after that, so that's probably why it's all in clearance. I've noticed skincare stuff I've never seen presented live in Clearance tho...

Is there £10 fashion on tho? I must have a look. I need to update my wardrobe with lots of on trend little items I can dressupdressdownwearwithalittlewhiteshirtandapaurofbirkenstocksforasophisticateddaytimeandintonighttimelook.

Not.

:wink:

I remember seeing this range, but only a couple of times maybe a couple of years back. At the time I thought it was way overpriced for not great looking fabrics, obviously it never took off with sales. I remember the lacy camisole that they showed this morning, close up on the web it looks like the sort of lace you would find on a market stall. There is a review of the silky camisole on the website.

I don't know about the garments shown in the clearance today, but this brand it's self has previously been featured on QVC.

Thanks all. I obviously picked a bad example then, but I'm pretty sure quite a number of things show up in clearance that were never aired.

Not only is it stuff that sometimes hasn't aired but often it's really old stock. I'm especially wary when buying skincare items as I've been sent product that was past it's sell-by date. I remember receiving a pack of tea-tree skin wipes that were more than 6 months out of date. As usual, no acknowledgement or apology from QVC, they just made me send them back for refund. The bargain hunter is one to look out for especially.

Latest posts

Back