Website!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sim1

Registered Shopper
Had just put the litre of arnica into my shopping cart and decided to run upstairs to check and see how much collagen gel I had left so I could decide whether to get the TSV or not!
Anyhoo, came back to computer and my shopping cart was empty...I tried to re-enter the arnica and got....sorry you cannot order by internet at the moment..ring in your order - not the way it was written but you know what I mean!
Am not going to ring from Dublin, but does the website go down often? Will go now and try again....ARGHHH:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Sorry, we are unable to process your order online at this time. If you wish to place your order by phone, please call Customer Services on 0800 50 40 30.
Continue

That's what it really said!!!

Don't worry - that seems to happen to me all the time! I've noticed it happen a lot lately and I sort of feel that QVC are doing it on purpose to stop people from adding items to their shopping cart in order to 'reserve' them while they think about placing the order. I get that message if I put something in my shopping cart and for some reason if I dither about ordering or forget about it and my shopping cart empties itself after 30 minutes then the website won't let me add anything at all to my shopping cart - I get the same message you did. I can only rectify it by getting off the QVC website altogether and leaving it for a few minutes!! Then I try again and it seems to go back to normal and I can order online once again.:happy:

Had just put the litre of arnica into my shopping cart and decided to run upstairs to check and see how much collagen gel I had left so I could decide whether to get the TSV or not!
Anyhoo, came back to computer and my shopping cart was empty...I tried to re-enter the arnica and got....sorry you cannot order by internet at the moment..ring in your order - not the way it was written but you know what I mean!
Am not going to ring from Dublin, but does the website go down often? Will go now and try again....ARGHHH:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Why not, it's free? I know it can be frustrating and I prefer to order from the website but I just ring QCut if there's a problem with the site

I've found that since they did their rebranding exercise and changed the website layout it has been a total pain. It was so much more stable and reliable before the changes.

Don't worry - that seems to happen to me all the time! I've noticed it happen a lot lately and I sort of feel that QVC are doing it on purpose to stop people from adding items to their shopping cart in order to 'reserve' them while they think about placing the order. I get that message if I put something in my shopping cart and for some reason if I dither about ordering or forget about it and my shopping cart empties itself after 30 minutes then the website won't let me add anything at all to my shopping cart - I get the same message you did. I can only rectify it by getting off the QVC website altogether and leaving it for a few minutes!! Then I try again and it seems to go back to normal and I can order online once again.:happy:

Yes same for me, except sometimes it won't let me add anything for the rest of the day, even if I close the site down. I'm sure this didn't use to happen, but hadn't connected it with the website update. It's a pain in a way, but it does stop impulsive purchases as I'm far less likely to ring up than just click online!

Cashback

Why not, it's free? I know it can be frustrating and I prefer to order from the website but I just ring QCut if there's a problem with the site

Hi,
You can't get 5% cashback though, if you phone in your order.
:call::call::call:

I am having trouble accessing my account, I want to change payment method for a chequehold item. they have just sent me an easypay code so I thought I would use it for this. Oh well try again later I suppose.

I think the problem is caused by poor coding on the website. When the cart clears it leaves behind something in the cookies that produces the error. When this happens to me (using Google Chrome) it's enough for me to shut the browser down and try again and it always works. If you're using another browser you may need to find out how to clear out the cookies and then try again. Hope that helps!

Isn't it a free phone call from Dublin?

Debbie G made me laugh :smirk: yesterday think it was.

During her usual QVC talk she said "our freephone numbers are free of charge to call us."

Funny that freephone having no charge :confused:
:smirk:I did wonder what the freephone charge was ? :giggle:

This happened to me once. I had placed an item in the cart then decided that I didn't want it. However later that day I decided that I did want it but like you got the message.

I got round the problem by using the InPrivate Browsing option under Tools on the Google browser. So when I went back to the QVC site they didn't know it was me. I popped the item in my cart then signed in and was able to order it.

I usually get that message pop up when I want to order a TSV on line just after the launch at midnight - and its happening more and more.

This used to happen to me all the time and my much more technically savvy husband told me to retry using Internet Explorer rather than my usual Firefox and lo and behold I am able to put things in my basket whenever I like.

I refuse to be beaten by their useless website and won't phone them to order as I then lose my 5% Quidco discount.

Last edited:
I got round the problem by using the InPrivate Browsing option under Tools on the Google browser. So when I went back to the QVC site they didn't know it was me. I popped the item in my cart then signed in and was able to order it.

Ahhh thanks for the tip. :smile: I'll try that next time.

I've all but given up with the website these days, it's virtually impossible to use. They say on the blog that the problems from earlier today have been fixed but not as I'd know it - this has been going on for months and I'm sick of it. They've lost out on quite a bit of my money as a result. I suppose I should be thankful for that really.......:wonder:

Latest posts

Back