Football Free Zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Now the dreaded world cup is finally about to start, can we finally see the end of them trying to sell us 50" tellies and audio systems that anyone with neighbours wouldn't be able to use? Sorry to keep saying it, but it's all so boring on QVC. I haven't watched a single thing for 5 days now and that really is a record for me! There has been nothing to watch. It's been good to watch a few movies and other interesting programmes on other channels. It's QVC's answer to Betty Ford! It's cured me :D

How many others are the same? I know a few here have made mention of dull programming, but there doesn't seem to be any end to the dross. They are in danger of becoming another Ideal World. Their programmes are becoming identical - the same things day in day out. All QVC need is the Karcher and a Telesteps (or do they have them already?)

they'll prob put on any old tat as they know people will be watching the football that or they turn sexist and just have beauty items on thinking no woman likes football although julia bangs on about crystal palace any chance she gets so don't know

Can't wait for the World Cup! What with that and Wimbledon, I won't have time to watch QVC and will save myself a fortune! I've realised that I watch QVC a lot out of boredom or just because there's nothing else on and I want some background TV while I do the housework. But I've noticed that I've not been watching much over the last couple of weeks and the World Cup hasn't started yet! It must be partly due to my current bad mood with QVC (that I mentioned on a previous thread) and partly because the shows are so BORING. i love watching Yankee Candles shows normally as they relax me but even they are starting to bore me into a coma. :sleepy:

Boycie, you're right when you say it's boring. I've been through the listings for the week ahead and there is nothing that I can get even slightly excited about. And three hours of bliddy Charlie Bears. I can't stand the way they make out we're all 10 year old's watching. Waving those little bear fists at us. I know where I'd like to put a fist - Richard Jacksy springs to mind and his sodding gardening. Yet another TSV this week!

Last edited:
I bought Richard Jackson's flower power last year but other than that, I've only bought one 'plant' product. Five plug plants that I lovingly planted in 5 different hanging baskets (the instructions were to put each one in it's own basket). I put some root booster in the soil and watered with flower power-treated water. But they ALL died within a fortnight. I actually quite liked Richard Jackson before this incident but can now see that he says practically the same thing for each thing he presents - anything to get a sale. I certainly won't be falling for his patter again. :sad:

Never mind football free zone, more like QVC Free Zone in my house, I LOVE the World Cup so there won't be any QVC watching whilst there's a match on. And as a knock on effect, my bank balance will be a much improved zone....:grin:

But I do agree QVC has been pretty dismal lately, a lot of boring bedding/ homeware/cleaning/cooking shows :dull: and the same old things being repeated - sorry to those who like Birkis but HOW MANY TSVs do we really need?? and as for RJ's garden....:headbang:

Latest posts

Back