Magnetic clasp failure.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
(mum writes)

A while ago I purchased a silver bracelet with a magnetic clasp. The bracelet has been worn only a couple of times but, yesterday, I picked it out to wear and noticed that it wouldn't fasten up as one of the magnets has come loose from the end of the bracelet. When I looked closely, it has been stuck in with a pathetically small dab of glue, so small that I really had to look for it. I remember either a review or a comment on the forum here, a post about someone who lost it out shopping and thought it had become attached to a clothing rack. Perhaps this is what happened? The magnets are still strong and I'm sure a good blob of decent glue will fix it, but it's a pretty poor show. Have others had this happen before?

I'd ring customer services about this. Even though its outside your 30 day MBG, they are always banging on about the quality of their products, and it sounds like you have been short-changed in the quality department there.

I agree Boycie, and also worth remembering Moth, and perhaps mentioning to customer service, is the fact that small magnets coming loose like that can actually be dangerous if swallowed by a small child or pet - so it's a quality control issue that is very very important (items in shops can be recalled because of this sort of fault).

Bear in mind that all items have a 6 month warranty if they're faulty - just in case you'd not realised and it's still in the timescale!
Shoddy workmanship is always a disappointment - and all for the sake of a blob of glue, not good.

I've just had a look back in my account history, and it's far too old for QVC to be interested now but I might try and get in touch with the manufacturer. I found all the details and it's an item that's still available on QVC. I'll do it more for the safety than anything else. It wasn't expensive and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to fix it myself with a dob of Loctite :)

It's item 686655 for those who like to know :)

Latest posts

Back