Glen at it again on the Clarks Shoes show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

dottiebird

Registered Shopper
Aaaaaaaggggh..........he's on again with his usual witterings:taphead:

Well says he "it shows you have real attitude to wear these sandals":dull:

"Wear them with a little tank top".......... I thought tank tops were out.
"These are gonna work for you"
"Wear them with a crisp white shirt tied at the middle"
"A real statement piece"
"So on trend at the moment":giggle:

What planet is the bloke on? I wonder how much he gets paid per hour to talk crap(lol)

"They are going to look lovely with a little maxi dress and some statement jewellery"

The thing is, some of the sandals and shoes are really quite nice.......... so why let him spoil the presentations.

Just putting him on mute(lol)

Totally agree DB. It beggars belief why QVC feel the need to pay him for such tripe info. My husband was in the fashion industry during the sixties and seventies, and knows much more about the cut and fit of garments than Glen will EVER know. I find him soooo irritating, and he wears the same old gear all the time. His fashion sense is none existant IMO.

It also annoys me that for this and other fashion and shoes hours, the customer is paying for the presenter, two models, AND waffling Glen.

One other thing - Clark's used to be one of the few retailers where you could be sure of finding size 3. They have fewer 3's in the shops and none at all on the tv which isn't good from a brand which is part of the backbone of the high street. Yes, I am a 3 but wouldn't be tempted by anything I saw today. Very fuddyduddy.

If they insist on having a "stylist" to comment, why not Genevieve ? I find her very good with the Casual and Co range - she comments on the style and cut, the fabric(ation ?) and how to style the items. She sound sas if she has quite a lot of experience of the fashion world and rag trade.

Linda

I only caught a bit of his claptrap....he was going on about rolled up shorts being in fashion...well last weekend I went shopping with my DD and it all seemed to be frayed at the hem shorts that were in-very short ....sort of trailer trashy!....go lovely with the clarks faux 'gladiator'styles...LOL!!!!!

I totally agree Erics Mum. After acquiring art/design college qualifications, my dh used to make complete garments from scratch. He measured a customer, designed a pattern, cut, and machined it together, then, on occasions, had to finish with hand top stitching. Now I wonder if Glen would even know where a dart should be placed? I don't think so!

Ah those tank tops....I haven't worn mine since the 70s...

patons2354a.gif

YOU CAN SEE WHY :giggle:

Thanks for making me laugh so much, lottie.

I agree with Eric's Mum, why dont they use Geneveive instead of Glen. I heard her say that she studied fashion and styles for QVC. She seems to know quite a lot about the clothes and her advice just goes to show how bad Glen is. And, dare I say it, I just prefer style advice from a woman.

I don't even get why they are selling Clarks shoes? They are on every high street, why would anybody want to buy them mail order and pay postage rather than trotting down to Clarks and trying them on? :confused:

bet his namesake glen "rhinestone cowboy" campbell knows more about fashion than he does he needs to be pushed out the door he's dreadful

bet his namesake glen "rhinestone cowboy" campbell knows more about fashion than he does he needs to be pushed out the door he's dreadful

You're probably right.... With"Our Glen Campell", I begin to wonder whether he's paid according to how many "buzz words" he can slip into his presentation. I mean let's face it, we don't really need anyone to tell us how to wear a freaking pair of shoes, basically you bung 'em on yer tootsies and wear them with whatever you feel comfortable in, and yes, I'm sure we can work out for ourselves what accessories we want to wear with an outfit. I also very much doubt that anyone will tell you that your chunky necklace sets your shoes off a treat!

Last edited:
Artist: Campbell Glen
Song: Rhinestone Cowboy

I've been walkin' these towers so long
Singin' the same old song
I know every crack in these dirty corridors of Battersea
Where hustle's the name of the game
And nice guys get washed away like the snow and the rain
There's been a load of compromisin'
On the road to my horizon
But I'm gonna be where the lights are shinin' on me

Like a rhinestone cowboy