Debbie G What Are You Saying!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Choppysocks

Real Horrorshow
In the Sizzix hour, whilst demo'ing an embossing machine, Debbie Greenwood said that it was satisfying, but not quite as satisfying as "squeezing moisture out of a nappy"! What? Ewwwwwww :drunk:

I heard that too. I sometimes wonder what these presenters have been having for lunch, to make them come out with such statements. She also asked the Sizzix rep how long she had been a MAD crafter, and then had to correct what she said.

Earlier She had been comparing the embossing machine to her mums mangle that she used to help put her little sisters nappies through on wash day I think thats was the satisfying feeling she was referring too !

Oh! I must have missed that earlier comment, sugarplum. But wouldn't have thought that Debbie was old enough to remember the old mangles. I do remember them, but I'm quite a bit older than Debbie Greenwood - I think :thinking:

Oh! I must have missed that earlier comment, sugarplum. But wouldn't have thought that Debbie was old enough to remember the old mangles. I do remember them, but I'm quite a bit older than Debbie Greenwood - I think :thinking:

Debbie is 50. :cake:

I am old enough to have owned a mangle - actually it was an electric one on my single tub Hoover.

Earlier She had been comparing the embossing machine to her mums mangle that she used to help put her little sisters nappies through on wash day I think thats was the satisfying feeling she was referring too !

Well without hearing that comment it made no sense. I did wonder who on earth would want to squeeze moisture out of a nappy, when you know its clean moisture and not some fettish it makes much more sense!

I am old enough to have owned a mangle - actually it was an electric one on my single tub Hoover.

My mum had one of those, I remember it well and I'm 39.

I am 47 too. My mum had the eletric Hoover washing machine mangle.
She also had a large full size mangle one on a metal A frame. Underneath within the frame work there was a circle cut out so you could ledge your washing up bowl in to catch the water.
I can remember my friend sitting over the circle holding on the side and swinging herself backwards and forwards. All of a sudden she slipped. Bum went down feet came up and she got herself well and truly stuck in the hole. I was in stitches :giggle: and had to shout my mum and sister. I took two of us pulling and one pushing her bottom until eventually she plopped out of the hole. It always raises a smile when we talk about my friend being stuck in a mangle. I just wish we had been a bit better off in those days to have afforded a camera, because I would't have shouted help so quick until I'd took a few pics. Well it would have given me something facebook years later :smirk:
Jean G

When I first shared a flat in my mid twenties (52 now) we had a washing machine with an
electric mangle attached. I had a really pretty little lace blouse which I washed & stupidly put through the mangle - it eat it to shreds - a cause of much hilarity to one of my male housemates & much sadness for me!

We had a big old mangle in the back yard which had survived many a bombing raid. My brother and I used to play torture-chambers with it. This involved one of us turning the handle as fast as we could and the other putting their fingers as near to the huge thundering rollers as they dared. It was a 1950s version of "chicken" I suppose. I usually "lost" as he was older than me.

I remember the mangle & the tub for the washing which was heated by gas underneath & the tool used to pound the washing-- what was that called?Then we went modern & had a Hoover Washer but couldn't afford the model with the electric mangle, so had to do it by hand! Washing day was`a Monday!What happened to 'delicates'? All received the same treatment! Ahhh happy memories when all the days were sunny!!What has this to do with QVC except we could never have imagined such a thing!

We lived in a council flat and my mum kept her mangle in the downstairs shed - it used to be a "treat" for me to be allowed to turn the handle! :giggle:

I well remember the day she thought one of my white school socks had fallen int the water bowl underneath - she put in her hand and pulled out a..........drowned white mouse!! :doh:

Latest posts

Back