Awaiting Stock

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mak

Registered Shopper
Hi :hi:

Just wanted to check if I am the only one who has a problem when I order an item and click to pay by cheque. I use a pre paid credit card for internet shopping and if I spot something and I do have enough credit in the card I click to pay by cheque and the following day or so when i have put credit in my card I ring CS and get them to change payment and debit my card. They always say that it has gone through and the usual speech about delivery . The last few times I have done this and checked my QVC account the items show up as awaiting stock and five items since the start of the year have not come in stock so I have had to do without and I am getting sick of it.:angry::angry::angry:

Am I alone in my despair ? :angel::angel::angel:

no you are not alone.

I ordered the last craft tsv which was the mens topper kit now i know for sure there was enough money in the bank but for some reason the payment did not go through so i had to call them. I waited several days no kit so i checked on line and it says waiting stock. this happened to me before. I think if you order they should keep one for you not stick you to the back of the line.

As soon as i saw it was out of stock i emailed them and told them not to bother sending it but guess what no reply and that was on tuesday by thursday it was showing up dispatched and now i don't even want it cause i though it was paid for weeks ago and i have since used up more money than i can afford. i would not have bought the last 3 items had i knew that the money for this had not been taken from my account.

not a happy shopper

I have said this before a few times. Back about 5 years ago I always paid by cheque they didn't take Electron debit card then. People used to complain that they put on cheque hold and then when they changed to pay by cc or dc the item was on wait list. I always got my item without fail, never went to back order or waitlist. Then I changed to a normal visa dc and paid by that, never used cheque pay.

The systems seems to have changed now. Others on st.com have said they put on cheque and item always goes to wait list or back order. So I think now QVC fill out the orders by cc or dc payment, that is whoever pays straight up. They no longer seem to hold items on cheque anymore.

Its been said in the newspaper alot that banks are discontnuing cheques within the next year or 18 months. Non of the other shopping channels let people pay by cheque and postal order(yes they still take that too). So I can actually see QVC stopping the paying by cheque sooner rather than later at some point.

It was a great way of making you stop and think about whether you really really want said item though. It did with me I know.

I seem to have been lucky and not experienced the same problem. I quite often put items on 'cheque hold' to delay payment (on my credit card for a few days - if I've spent too much money!!) or just because I want to think about it for a day or two to try and avoid any silly impulse buys! However, the item I've ordered still seems to be available (not awaiting stock) when I log into my account to change my payment details and proceed with the order. I did that last week with a Lola Rose necklace I was unsure about but once I'd changed it to pay with my credit card, the item was dispatched as soon as possible. It seems like I've been okay so far. Or maybe it happens with items that have been shown on air and sold out and QVC have now decided to give priority to people who have paid 'upfront' as it were.

With the email they sent me last week about the decleor offer this fits what they told me. I ordered the item as soon as I saw it, a friend bought it when it went limited and just before it sold out. Hers was dispatched, whereas I checked my order and it said awaiting stock. I complained, and they said that the items go to the people who's cards clear fastest-I reckon therefore it is very risky to put anything very popular on waitlist. I have since had my order cancelled (they used the same-old excuse that they had a 'quality problem with a small amount ot the stock' which I know is rubbish as AY and Fiona both thought the offer was a mistake in pricing and would never be repeated.) I have put in a formal complaint to the CEO and I have been told they are 'dealing with mky complaint'.I am annoyed as I was going to split the purchase into 2 gifts but it is one more reason for me to be very choosy about what I order from them in future.

SuziQ - Did you order the Decleor on cheque hold though at first?? Or did it go straight on to your debit/credit card? The reason I ask is because I'm wondering whether QVC are putting cheque hold orders to the back of the queue so the items are not being reserved on a 'first come first served' basis. If that's the case then I might not bother with cheque orders in future.

Apols for dragging up an elderly thread but I've just experienced what many here have previously experienced! A good friend of mine had been contemplating buying the Plakaway Sonic toothbrush on my recommendation for a while, I happened to catch it on air the other day at Limited Stock and grabbed one (or so I thought) before it sold out. I put it on chequehold whilst I contacted her and made sure she definitely wanted it. Yesterday she confirmed that she did, so I transfered the order to my credit card, and lo and behold, today it's gone from 'In Process' to 'Awaiting Stock'. Phoned CS and got the usual monotone script without deviation, pause or hesitation. First time it's happened to me, v annoying. They claim they are getting more stock in ASAP - although they have no idea when (? :mysmilie_854:) and blamed the vendor for not sending enough. (Shouldn't it have been in the warehouse before they went to air with it? It's not a direct despatch. Methinks they have been over-selling, like plane tickets...:wonder:) I'm pretty certain this is the last of the stock of the TSV from Nov 09, as that's when I bought it, and to my best knowledge it hasn't been 'Back in Stock' since, so I suspect we may have seen the last of it. It probably depends how many sets of the replacement heads they still need to shift!

End of rant!

I have heard the presenters saying on air, they are not allowed to sell an item which is not in stock when shown. The only way is if it is thepreview thing were they say stock will be dispatched on the what ever date of the next month. But they have to say up front that this is the case.

If you don't mind me asking, what is cheque hold? I haven't heard of that.

I was very annoyed last week.
I ordered something that was on waitlist & they refused to accept my order. The reason given was that my credit card would expire before the despatch date. My credit card has another seven weeks to run till the expiry date & the company only sends the new one out about a fortnight before it expires. I rang them to check, just in case, & they confirmed it would come then. I always update my card promptly with QVC when the new one comes. I only have one credit card to use online.

The refusal of the order made me feel like a criminal!

If you don't mind me asking, what is cheque hold? I haven't heard of that.

I was very annoyed last week.
I ordered something that was on waitlist & they refused to accept my order. The reason given was that my credit card would expire before the despatch date. My credit card has another seven weeks to run till the expiry date & the company only sends the new one out about a fortnight before it expires. I rang them to check, just in case, & they confirmed it would come then. I always update my card promptly with QVC when the new one comes. I only have one credit card to use online.

The refusal of the order made me feel like a criminal!

Well there is an option to pay by cheque, some people tick this and then decide whether they really want the product and change payment to cc or dc. Now you have to cancel and not just let the date for payment pass as they have withdrawn the cheque from some people for doing it.

Latest posts

Back