Items not always advertised in picture form on the webpage

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lizdelassa

Registered Shopper
I have a list in my diary of wanted items from QVC which I go through every so often to see if they are still available and at what price , it also means that I have a cooling off period before buying so if I change my mind I have not wasted my money. Today I went through my list and entered a number for some epiphany platinum clad earrings 697233 which were expensive but one's which I really liked. Imagine my surprise when I found out that they were on a special price of £28.00 rather than £49.50 which were the original price. I decided to check on the epiphany site but they were not available, ony available once I entered the code, this means that if I hadn't checked the number, or indeed put the number into my diary I would never have known about the change in price.

I remember someone saying something recently that some of the items on outlet shows have not been available before or that they were so old, and I have noticed that sometimes on the clearance through the television items advertised had not been seen before but I thought all items were on the website in picture form not just by number format, after all if you don't know the number you will not be able to find the item unless you keep a list of the numbers as I had done. Could cause you to lose out in the long run. :taphead:

Hi Lizdelassa
I've noticed this too.
I also have a list of 'much wanted' craft items stuck to my office wall. Checked the other week on the website, the clearance craft and last click craft to see what bargains they had. Then checked my list with the item no and some of the items were either in clearance or last clicks. Was a bit confused as they hadn't shown up when I did the site search and even when I typed in a description of the product it still gave no results.
So it is worth writing down item nos if you see something to buy in future, as you may not find it again by doing a search.

I am not sure if this is the same thing, but I have been debating over the past week or so whether to use my easypay voucher to buy a Bobbi Brown make up case. It was expensive, but ideal for what I wanted and I haven't seen anything similar in the shops. As I say I have been debating for a while and it was showing on the website on Friday as being in stock. I went to order it today and it has just disappeared off the website. I have checked clearance and it's not in there. Unfortunately I didn't make a note of the item number.

Does this mean it is out of stock or has it just disappeared into a black hole?

I am not sure if this is the same thing, but I have been debating over the past week or so whether to use my easypay voucher to buy a Bobbi Brown make up case. It was expensive, but ideal for what I wanted and I haven't seen anything similar in the shops. As I say I have been debating for a while and it was showing on the website on Friday as being in stock. I went to order it today and it has just disappeared off the website. I have checked clearance and it's not in there. Unfortunately I didn't make a note of the item number.

Does this mean it is out of stock or has it just disappeared into a black hole?

It's still there, just not showing in search.

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.229351

I've noticed that items disappear like this only to reappear a few days later in either clearance or last clicks. Might be worthwhile keeping a daily check to see if you can nab a bargain - the voucher is good till 22/6 I think.

SCW says that QVC hide items, they can fiddle with their website to do this, they do this a lot with craft, but if you keep hold of the original item numbers they sometimes can be found again and don't show on search!

I noticed this happening today. I was watching a La Coupe show. I searched by name and a limited number of items came up but not a couple they were actually showing on the telly. I put the numbers in instead and lo and behold up they popped.

Latest posts

Back