Ann Dawson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

babytoes

Registered Shopper
Is it just me or does anyone else find her voice unbearable to listen to. She is on the Scholl show at the moment and I've had to turn it off as she is drawling on and on in the same monotonous tone. I was in danger of falling asleep.:headbang:

Last edited:
i know no offence to fellow scottish people it's HER voice rather than the accent

Well, I'm Scots, and I find her vocal delivery excruciating. It's not just the dry monotonous voice, it's the dull, repetitive vocabulary. Alison Keenan has the same habit of dropping into a kind of bureaucratic language, but she's much more animated than AD.

I cannot bear the sound of either AD or Debbie Flint. No matter how interested I might be in the goods on display, I have to turn the sound off if they're presenting.

I saw Anne Dawson presenting another show (shows how interesting it was, I can't even remember what it was!) and I was amazed at how boring a presenter she has become. Yes, it's her voice, which is monotonous, but also the way she thinks that every price that's shown is 'amazing.' Aah, I remember what show it was, it was the Carole Hochman hour. According to Anne, the price of just about everything was 'amazing' and 'a bargain.' To call a simple nightdress amazing value when it's nearly £35 is so silly and such an obvious sales pitch that it's enough to make me lose faith in QVC.

I could have shouted at her during the Northern Nights show this morning, "for goodness sake get up woman!" She spent the whole show sprawled out in the bed barely propped up on one elbow whilst the guest did all the presenting. Ok for the presenters to try out the bed now and then but she looked like she couldn't care less, which she probably doesn't, but she does gets paid to present after all.

Well, I'm Scots, and I find her vocal delivery excruciating. It's not just the dry monotonous voice, it's the dull, repetitive vocabulary. Alison Keenan has the same habit of dropping into a kind of bureaucratic language, but she's much more animated than AD.

I cannot bear the sound of either AD or Debbie Flint. No matter how interested I might be in the goods on display, I have to turn the sound off if they're presenting.

I'm Scots too and I cringe whenever I hear AD's voice. I'm actually embarrassed by her and ashamed that she is one of the few Scottish presenters on QVC.

i think qvc needs a welsh presenter yes i'm welsh lol ideal world has one though saying that it's howard so maybe not lol

I don't like Anne Dawson's voice either....yet I do like Scottish accents. It is her tone that grates and I can't watch her.

Let's have a decent Brummie presenter with humour like Loen on IW.
Down to earth, and no pretences or attempts to disguise her midland origins like JR.

I am glad I'm not the only one that can't stand her voice, she seems as if she doesn't really want to be there buy likes the easy money. As for Loen I think she is great especially when they have the wig show on, such a laugh. Can you imagine how she would deal with JR ?

just been watching loen with the homedics massager she's brilliant really down to earth what you see is what you get with loen can't say that about majority of qvc presenters

I am glad I'm not the only one that can't stand her voice, she seems as if she doesn't really want to be there buy likes the easy money. As for Loen I think she is great especially when they have the wig show on, such a laugh. Can you imagine how she would deal with JR ?

Can't watch AD at all, the voice grates and she always looks a bit grubby to me....:eek:

Loen would eclipse JR totally in the personality stakes and the fact that she is so down to earth would show up JR's affected mannerisms and faux posh voice that much more. I would pay to see it. :wink2:

But don't you like it when Anne says after every item "...izzzzzz yurrrrr item nomburrrrrr"? :smirk:

I couldn't stand her voice when she first started at QVC, didn't think she would last very long and was amazed she had even been given the job because of her voice. However after watching her over Christmas once I found she seemed a really nice person so I'm willing for forget about the voice. She does however still seem to repeat the same old phrases that have no impact at all because you know she is just going through the motions.

Latest posts

Back