refund what a joke

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ragdoll cats

Registered Shopper
I placed an order 5 items on the 30th may 2010. 4 of the items have turned up not the 5th.
I rang qvc 7th june 2010 yep your parcel has gone missing will send claim form. It arrived sent it back same day and nothing. I phoned qvc yesterday and head hitting wall came to mind. Ive got leave it a couple of days more. I explained to the lady on the phone that i was now having to pay my credit card bill including something that iv'e not received which i think is really bad.Yes that's right she said im boiling mad right now. Will leave it till wednesday then im ringing my credit card company to dispute it. Iv'e never had such bad service from any company.

How have any of you faired with your refunds?

I think the whole system of customer care sucks as far as QVC is concerned on this issue. Firstly the postage is beyond compare, the delivery times are almost an insult and then your experience IF the item does not arrive! Even the refund is an actual laughing matter as I have never come across another company that takes that long to refund your money. I can however confirm that it really has almost stopped me from buying from them. Only 3 purchases so far this year!!!!!

It is a pain in the ar*e that they take so long to refund your money but if you check out their FAQ is does say several times 'returns takes up to 21 days to process'.

If you get a long while to pay your credit card bill, you could just pay the bit you owe and hopefully they will refund the rest before your payment due date.

Just bear in mind it is not always their fault if an item goes missing, and they have to give the 14 days if sending by RM as that is the time they demand before you can raise a dispute-maybe it's the same with the couriers as well. As for returns and refunds, it really irritates me that I can have a receipt from the RM showing I have returned an item, which may not show up for 2 weeks as returned on my account, then they can take another 2-3 weeks after that to credit. I sometimes wonder if they do it in the hope you forget about the refund? I check my bank statements very carefully after they failed to refund me for 1 part-payment and 2 other returns early last year. It doesn't help that the ref number they use via the bank has no resemblance to the order number or item number and so many things are si milar prices. I go through periods now when I don't order anything for months due to these issues, then I will order several things all in a short time (often because of a cluster of birthdays etc.) Generally I am pretty p'd off with them at the moment.

Most companies I have returned stuff to have taken an age to refund the money - don't think this is just QVC. Even Amazon took 3 weeks before it registered on my bank account and even Play took nearly 3 weeks.
However I do agree that postage is a bit excessive but is this not where they make their money? I restrict my purchases to TSVs where I think there is a real bargain to be had even with the postage added OR free postage + packing deals they do from time to time. I almost never buy stuff outside of this scenario.

Yep the item that has gone missing was a declor prolegene kit with free p+p. It is now wait list only. I think in the last couple of weeks i have spent about £400 pound with them like you say birthday stuff tsvs. Also got some christmas presents too. Done this whilst i had the money in the acccount and could pay credit card straight away.

No longer a joke! I had two returned items go missing, did get my money back in the end and got letters saying proof of postage not enough, it has to be recorded delivery. so I did do that for the last two items I returned, as they were quite expensive, so now it costs even more to return an item.

I got a refund for the gold earrings almost by return, but the make up took over a week, with a note saying different departments may take longer to process returns. They have an answer for everything.

I think they certainly should say on air that the refunds are not guaranteed unless sent by recorded delivery.

Latest posts

Back