Handbag Insurance

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

barbedwire

Registered Shopper
Just seen this advert on IW. Yes, you too can now - for the princely sum of £5.99 per month - have your handbag insured by a dodgy sounding company.

£5.99 per month is surely worth it to make sure that the screwed up snotty tissue, squashed Lil-et and ten year old Asda receipts are safe from harm, FOREVER. Just think of the peace of mind you will get knowing the half used tin of Vaseline Rosy Lips replete with your delicate fingerprints is protected from thieves. Ditto the capless biro that has leaked all over the lining.

Bargainmous.

if it was a designer bag that cost thousands maybe but other than that what a ridiculous thing it's like their other ads like win 24 and the bingo one wouldn't touch them with a bargepole has a touch of preying on the vulnerable to me about them

Thank God! I can now relax, safe in the knowledge that the stale mini packet of coffee biscuits (along with the fluffy sweetie and squashed piece of gum) I pocketed for emergencies are fully covered against any heinous bag crime!

Am I being dense here or is the insurance not so much for the handbag itself but for the valuable contents such as purse, bank cards, driving licence, etc?

Am I being dense here or is the insurance not so much for the handbag itself but for the valuable contents such as purse, bank cards, driving licence, etc?

You're not being dense at all, lovey - I'm just (as usual) being very, very silly and having a laugh at IW's expense :happy: . The insurance is to make sure your purse/phone/iPhone, whatever are safe. It just struck me that you would also be protecting things that really didn't need it :wink:

You're not being dense at all, lovey - I'm just (as usual) being very, very silly and having a laugh at IW's expense :happy: . The insurance is to make sure your purse/phone/iPhone, whatever are safe. It just struck me that you would also be protecting things that really didn't need it :wink:

Thanks for that, Cavegirl. I thought I was going mad for a moment and had missed IW doing something dozy. Glad to see you were only having a laugh - we have the same sense of humour but I wasn't sure whether IW were being serious.

Is it New for Old insurance? I need never buy another piece of chewy again! Mind you, I don't currently spend £6 a month on gum so I may need to rethink, esp if there's a no claims bonus!

Jude xx

if it was a designer bag that cost thousands maybe but other than that what a ridiculous thing it's like their other ads like win 24 and the bingo one wouldn't touch them with a bargepole has a touch of preying on the vulnerable to me about them

Just what I was thinking...what a total waste of time and money. For heavens sake the most valuable thing I guess you could lose is your purse or wallet, report them missing immediately and you'll get sent replacements. The cash, well this stoopid insurance wouldn't cover that anyway. Perfume and make up..ffs, you could buy some more with the money you're throwing at this shonky outfit!

Would I also be right in thinking the loss of theft of your belongings from your home, or car would be covered by your home/car insurance?

I've just had a quick gander at the t's and c's, and it's next to useless.

You cannot claim if your bag is stolen from home, or any residential address unless you can prove the property has been broken into, that includes providing a police "crime reference" If you accidentally lose, or damage it you can't claim, if you're not in this country, you can't claim. Oh, and don't forget you'll need to show all the original receipts for the things you're claiming for, otherwise you can't claim!

I've just had a quick gander at the t's and c's, and it's next to useless.

You cannot claim if your bag is stolen from home, or any residential address unless you can prove the property has been broken into, that includes providing a police "crime reference" If you accidentally lose, or damage it you can't claim, if you're not in this country, you can't claim. Oh, and don't forget you'll need to show all the original receipts for the things you're claiming for, otherwise you can't claim!

They will probably also check to see whether you have any other type of insurance policy in place, under which you can make a valid claim, before paying out. For example, I think house keys are covered under your contents insurance. So, as you say, it is probably not worth the money - £5.99 a month? My everyday handbags usually only cost a fiver from the market anyway!!!

I was unfortunate enough to loose my handbag and i notified the police and was given a ref number for my insurance company who paid out on my household policy so if you have house contence insurance your probably covered anyway. I was surprised when i totted up what was in my bag how much I had actually lost including my husbands glasses that I'd collect after a repair .I'm much more careful now with my bag I could'nt be doing with all the hassel and upset to be honest.

Latest posts

Back