ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

leila73

Registered Shopper
Hi everyone... im a new member, just came across this site when i was searching for info on white kunzite as i was watching rocks & co today where they had some 'rare' white kunzite something i havent come across before???. I've bought some pieces from rocks&co after one of my relatives convinced me that the pieces of jewellery are bargins to be had as she has purchased rings and pendants from them. I've bought some pieces which ive either kept or sent back. The ones which i've sent back i thought were very very small for the price advertised and the quality wasn't all that. I'm looking for a pinkish engagement ring as I don't want the usual diamond so when Vicky harped on about morganite, how gorgeous it is etc i took the plunge and bought one in white gold. I was excited when the parcel arrived however when i opened the box i couldnt believe how plastic and dull the stone looked, very disappointed with the quality so i sent it back. I then thought i'll go for kunzite again due to the way it was sold by the presenter and Tony. When the parcel arrived again disappointment, the white gold was so thin it showed no real quality to it so I sent it back and decided to go for a different design. The kunzite ring which arrived is a lovely design, i'm happy with the size of diamonds and size of the kunzite however im now thinking whether the kunzite is too pale as expected it to be darker and im getting mixed reviews from friends and family - some days its looks cloudy and not as sparkly, too late for me to return it but i'm wondering if anyone can suggest a site which sells kunzite rings at a good price. Also i find Jerrilee's squealing very very annoying and off putting however this forum has opened my eyes and i will think twice before purchasing from rocks&co as feel with the pieces i bought and kept i could have done better elsewhere....

thanks.... im now thinking ive paid over the odds on some of my purchases but the members have put a smile on my face when i've read the various messages on here.

Hi Leila and welcome to the forum.

I'm not the best person to discuss Rocks & Co with as you've probably gathered if you've read the posts here! However, with regards to Kunzite - it's not really suitable for an engagement ring as you have to watch for fading. It's also only 6-7 on the Mohs scale for hardness. Kunzite should never be worn in direct sunlight and should always be kept in a dark box so that would limit how often you can wear it - not ideal for an engagement ring! Unfortunately you can't tell whether one is going to fade or not, it's pure pot luck but I would always say that you should buy the darkest colour you can as there's less chance of that fading. I bought a ring and pendant (not from Rocks & Co) and they are both kept in a dark jewellery box. Now the pendant is almost clear with no pink left while the ring is still beautifully pink and sparkly. The Jewellery Channel sell a gorgeous dark Kunzite of a very high quality called Martha Rocha Kunzite. Sadly it is expensive and out of my price range but definitely worth a look if you can afford it.

Hope that helps.

Welcome.....

Hi Leila and welcome to the forum from me also. Kunzite in its pinkest form is a lovely gemstone, the best ones hail from Afghanistan I believe. Some of us on here have bought Patroke Kunzite (very good shades of pink) from GemsTV in the past but with a caveat on how it should be worn.

Good advice from Klos above as it is a more fragile stone and has been known to fade. If you want a robust pink gemstone that will wear and wear, why not look out for a hot pink Sapphire, with probably a good choice of yellow/white gold designs and set with/without diamonds? Just a thought.........:smile:

Hi Leila, and a warm welcome from me, too!

I'd second what Klosblue and Sacha have said. Kunzite is really only suitable for occasional wear, because of its relative softness and propensity to fade. Morganite is a bit too soft for an engagement ring, too.

If you want pink, pink sapphire is definitely the best choice (unless of course you want and can afford a pink diamond, although there are not many about at the moment - avoid the coated pink diamonds which Gems TV are selling off right now).

All the channels regularly have pink sapphires across a wide range of designs and price points, so I would recommend watching for a while and checking out their websites before taking the plunge.

Good luck!

Hi Leila and a warm welcome to the forum.
I don't watch Rocks and co but agree that if you want a pink engagement ring pink Sapphire is certainly the way to go, i have a lovely pink sapphire from TJC set in 8 grams of 18k white gold, I think if its an engagement ring i would buy from TJC as they definatly have best gold weights.

A very warm welcome to the forum Leila, hope you enjoy your time here.
Sound advice from everybody as usual and I certainly agree that pink sapphire is the best for an engagement ring. TJC have some beautiful pieces at very good prices and their gold weights still seem to be the best. I don't know what your budget is, but it might be worth looking at the Rockstv Lorique range, though I find it rather too fancy for my taste and extremely rarely in yellow gold if that's your preference.

Thanks to everyone for their advice. I didn't know that Kunzite should be only worn occasionally and kept in a dark box to retain its sparkle/colour so I will now look for a pink sapphire with white gold - think my fiance will roll his eyes and probably tell me to stick the kunzite but i dont want to lose the colour. Klosblue i love your comments on this forum as very honest and so true and made me laugh - i wish i saw this site before i started to buy off rocks&co and got you guys to provide me with advice as i love sparkle but my knowledge on gems isn't brill.

Latest posts

Back