basket "life" reduced

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loobi

Registered Shopper
Is everyone aware that since the joining together of rocks and gems, the life of the basket on rocks has been reduced to 5 days??? Caught a few out. Most of us are finding out by accident...not sure where/when it was advised.
Help staff are doing their best to talk it up as a positive move for all - a compromise between the 48 hours on gems and the 10 days on rocks. Its a positive move for gems customers who are delighted ...rocks customers, who were promised no change to their systems as a result of the merger, ...well it cant be said to be a positive thing for them.

Next promise we have to pacify us about our baskets is that prices will be dropping even lower............this will be a positive for us all of course!! So we'll wait to see on that one.

When did it change to 5 days?

I am not impressed that Rocks have not announced it properly.

no ideas i just saw it in chat today ...and thought the word needed to be spread. I am not at all impressed. As a rocks customer I cannot see it as a positive move at all

Ooo-er!

Hopefully the system will automatically send reminder e-mails before the basket contents are dumped, but it would be have been useful if they had sent an e-mail to ALL customers advising of the change.

Thats interesting because i went to view my basket that had about 6 items in it and found it was empty I went to live help and they said they had no record of my basket and could i tell them what i had purchased and at what price .Well I could recall some of them and e-mailed it to help and fortunatly they still had stock and replaced it but i'm wondering if my items were dumped because of the less time in your basket then,but noone said then it was changed at the help team.

well...to be perfectly honest with you all...I'm getting heartily sick of rocks making changes or having problems and not informing their customers...if it's not over selling it's delays in delivery...if it's not delays in delivery its banking problems..if it's not banking problems it's changes to the chat rooms. It's not the problems themselves that cause anxiety and bad feeling so much..its the lack of information. With e-mail capability these days there is no excuse for not making the customers aware of what's going on. I'm afraid a small announcement in rocks chat cuts no ice with me at all, and lets face it is about as much use as a chocolate teapot.
we then go into chinese whisper mode, where,inadvertently incorrect or partial information is being passed on through the 'grapevine', when all that really needs to be done is an announcement on twitter, fb, rockaholics and of course this forum. In addition a message on the running messages across the bottom of the screen on both rocks and gems tv should suffice.
Rocks have een made aware in the past that the lack of information is something that really bothers customers, and sadly seem to have made no effort to address it.:taphead:

all that really needs to be done is an announcement on twitter, fb, rockaholics and of course this forum.

Sorry this is a bit off topic, but what's Rockaholics? Is it another website? (I Googled it, but only found reference to guitarists!)

I found out about the basket size only because I had logged in to talk to live help about DPD seriously losing the plot on my delivery and happened to see the chat box and the convo - I have been assured that basket items up until yesterday - Friday 25th will be 10 days and all new bids 5 days - I have suggested to Rocks they put an expiry date in the basket page and also why oh why can they not put a delete facility. I tend to put more in my basket now since a) most of what I see/buy is not on the web so its not a case of making an informed choice -and since the request system is such a mission now tend to put the item in my basket in case I never see it again - I know rocks will delete it for you but surely a delete button would put unwanted items back into stock quicker - I have really appreciated the flexibility of the baskets recently given the change to the request system and lack of new items on the web - have had various explanations for not introducing a delete button and would welcome an official version !!

Seems like the start of monopoly behaviour. Good news first, then start the slow drip of the bad. Gems had massive problems but the few good points have gone, and the Rocks good points are now being dampened down, rather than a unity of the best of both which I'm sure most of us had been expecting. Of course there's still plenty of good, but moves like this worry me that it's just the start of slow erosion. :sad: xxxxx

PS Of course price is important but it's not the be all and end all. As it's the first draw it will therefore attract new custom, but constant disappointment over one thing or another will eventually lose the older ones.

Last edited:
Not wishing to disrespect other people but I would just like to put the other side of the argument.

If you went to Sainsbury's and put somethings in a basket and left it in the store without paying for it, would you expect it to be there 1 day later let alone 5? I imagine when one puts something in the Rocks basket it could stop someone else from buying it.

Having said that, it would have been polite to have warned people.

PJ

Sorry PJ, but you can't compare the two.

When I use a supermarket I know exactly what I want, where it is, how much it is, that it will be there again tomorrow and I pretty much need and can afford it at that time. If I left it waiting it would go off, I know it would go off, and thus I wouldn't expect it to be ket for me. I shop mostly on the internet, and can usually fill my basket and book delivery for up to three weeks in advance. However, supplies arae not a problem so either way you look at it - totally different.

You never miss what you never had, so don't give what you cannot continue, unless you state it is temporary.

xxxxxxxx

Hello everyone,

You are absolutely right, we should have told you in advance that we were changing the basket length. My apologies that we did not do so.

Kind regards

John

Hmm! Think the penny's just dropped. Basket time - no money, 30-day guarantee - lots of free money - customer takes time returning item, company slow to refund. Lots of free money for a few weeks. xxxxxx

Sorry PJ, but you can't compare the two.

When I use a supermarket I know exactly what I want, where it is, how much it is, that it will be there again tomorrow and I pretty much need and can afford it at that time. If I left it waiting it would go off, I know it would go off, and thus I wouldn't expect it to be ket for me. I shop mostly on the internet, and can usually fill my basket and book delivery for up to three weeks in advance. However, supplies arae not a problem so either way you look at it - totally different.

You never miss what you never had, so don't give what you cannot continue, unless you state it is temporary.

xxxxxxxx

It would be a boring world and indeed forum if we agreed on everything. I do totally see your point, but I still think 5 days is long enough to decide, but that is just my opinion and am I not arrogant enough to think that is the only one or indeed the correct one :)

PJ xxxxx

So that makes everything O.K. then John?

Well on the flip side of that you could say that John didn't even have to come read the post let alone take the time in his very busy schedule to reply.

I imagine the situation at Gems/Rocks Towers is very much like a swan on water, on the surface everything is look calm and working well but underneath they are paddling like mad. I bet they had to hit the ground running, especially since they weren't allowed to use Gems computer systems so had to create a new one in no time, so I expect this is why they forgot to tell everyone about the change in the basket time. For me they have always been honest to a fault and would never try and deceive customers by bringing things in via the back door. Sorry for waffling and I am honestly not trying to rant or diss your opinion, I just think it is a little harsh what you said xxx

Latest posts

Back