How does it work now?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Meeshoo

Registered Shopper
So, if you buy something on the web:

1. How long does it stay in your basket?
2. Do you have a basket and where is it?
3. Can you add to the basket (if there is one)!

ALSO AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, if you buy something on the web, it appears on screen the same as RocksTV i.e. your screen name comes up and says you've won the item?????? What's all that about - if I wanted anonymity that's blown it! Whilst that's a feature of RocksTV it's never been part of the GemsTV system and I have to say, I very much don't like that! If that stays, I won't be buying from GemsTV :sad:

Hi Meesh,

1) Your basket holds for five days and I've discovered you will now get a warning.
2) Your basket will appear top right after you have logged in.
3) Yes you can add from all of Gems, Rocks and Jewellery Maker into one basket.

I too don't like my business on show for the world, and used the Gems "do not name" facility which I miss. It's lousy if you're buying presents and in any event, I like my privacy. Showing your goodies here, is a whole different kettle of fish to being named on the telly.

Basically we've just got Rocks 1 & 2 so far, except that Gems seem to have continued with the very shouty, pushy style - very disappointing. Anything good about old Gems has gone. So far, the only benefit I've seen for Gems is the departure of the horrendous James Russell.

I can't say that Rocks will lose my custom as I'm so weak, but my custom for better pieces has gone to TJC. There are even similarities there when you watch the "under" days, they are clearly sourcing products from the same/similar manufacturers. It's going to be hard to find originality which was one of Gems's strong points. xxxxxxx

Thanks for the info Arge. Most appreciated.

You've echoed my sentiments exactly. This weekend I've tuned in to GemsTV on a number of occasions and have, quite frankly, been distinctly underwhelmed. As you say, it's RocksTV2 and all that was good about GemsTV seems to have disappeared. I continued to be a GemsTV customer after many had stopped and never really "got" RocksTV. I'm not into Silver (only occasionally) or the semi-precious stones so for me it's TJC from now on.

I wish the Bennetts much luck with their venture but it's unlikely I'll be buying much in the future if this is the shape of things to come. I really miss the "old" GemsTV. :(

Thanks for the info Arge. Most appreciated.

You've echoed my sentiments exactly. This weekend I've tuned in to GemsTV on a number of occasions and have, quite frankly, been distinctly underwhelmed. As you say, it's RocksTV2 and all that was good about GemsTV seems to have disappeared. I continued to be a GemsTV customer after many had stopped and never really "got" RocksTV. I'm not into Silver (only occasionally) or the semi-precious stones so for me it's TJC from now on.

I wish the Bennetts much luck with their venture but it's unlikely I'll be buying much in the future if this is the shape of things to come. I really miss the "old" GemsTV. :(

Me too Meesh. Not so much the last 12/18 months when things were getting a bit desperate but, even then, many a happy hour could be passed rummaging through the clearance section.

Any gold pieces on Rocks, other than Lorique, contain the most hopeless gold weights. Less than two grams, often just a tiny fraction over one, hanging on to massive mainly semi-precious stones. They'll be bent and buckled in no time at all, not to mention unpleasant to wear. As for that High Street gold valuation they keep banging on about, it drives me crackers and is a ridiculous and (sorry but) misleading way of valuing gold/jewellery. xxxxx :sad:

Hiya

Me too Meesh. Not so much the last 12/18 months when things were getting a bit desperate but, even then, many a happy hour could be passed rummaging through the clearance section.

Any gold pieces on Rocks, other than Lorique, contain the most hopeless gold weights. Less than two grams, often just a tiny fraction over one, hanging on to massive mainly semi-precious stones. They'll be bent and buckled in no time at all, not to mention unpleasant to wear. As for that High Street gold valuation they keep banging on about, it drives me crackers and is a ridiculous and (sorry but) misleading way of valuing gold/jewellery. xxxxx :sad:

You and me both Argey, I too enjoyed a good rummage........:happy:..........in the clearance section.
Bargain city it was at times.....:nod:

Hiya Meesh, nice to see you again. I rather like the idea of a 5 day basket.....assuming I can find summat to
put in it of course! Wonder if the days of discount codes are over then...? :thinking:

Hi Sacha - hope you're well xxx

Arge ........... I'm logged in and can bid so where's me basket????????

Looks like your screen size is too big as "view basket" and "logout" are missing from the top line.

Meesh, I know I'm not Argey, but you should have an option for 'VIEW BASKET' just to the right of 'MY ACCOUNT'. Maybe it's a browser issue?

Attachments

• Gems TV basket.jpg
    Gems TV basket.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 199
Ladies - thank you.

Sazza you were right it was something to do with compatability settings.

Miss M - without your screenshot I wouldn't have worked out that it was even there! When I clicked to the right - which looked to me to be offscreen, there was the basket and logout options!

So thank you both.

Here I am, hopping along behind as usual. Glad to see you're sorted Meesh. xxxxx

Meesh, I know I'm not Argey, but you should have an option for 'VIEW BASKET' just to the right of 'MY ACCOUNT'. Maybe it's a browser issue?

I'm relieved you know Miss M, 'cos I ain't always sure :wink: Now where did I put me lappie, oh yeah - I'm typin' onnit! xxxxx

Hi All,

Thanks for your valuable feedback, we do take it all on board.

We have been working on new collections for Gems TV for the last 2 weeks since we took over the company. These will hopefully start to come through over the next 4-6 weeks. As you all know, manufacturing doesn't happen over night but i really hope that soon you will be seeing more pieces that will suit what you are looking for.

Again, i really hope that we will be able to get you all back as customers of Gems TV in the future

Best Regards

Sarah Bennett

Moissanite

Sarah have you a Moissanite show coming up soon? I was looking to buy the 3ct three stone you had, a friend of mine brought this an it have about 8gms of gol in it, and 1ct too.
I was to late last time you sold out before I could buy

Sarah

Please could you confirm whether or not the loss of anonymity is going to be a regular feature of GemsTV now please?

I, for one, will not buy if my details are going to be broadcast on the web for others to see. I understand that this worked for RocksTV but it has never been a feature of GemsTV and if you look at my GemsTV user profile you will see that I specifically asked never to have my name disclosed on air. So disclosing my RocksTV user name is not acceptable to me either. I suspect I won't be alone in feeling this way.

Thanks in advance.

Meesh every time I hear the name M******e on air I think it's you hon anyway lol and whenever Sue is mentioned I expect it to be me...but most times it ain't. :wink2: :bandit:

Meesh every time I hear the name M******e on air I think it's you hon anyway lol and whenever Sue is mentioned I expect it to be me...but most times it ain't. :wink2: :bandit:

Not likely to be me hun! I've been concentrating on loose stones from lapidarists more recently! It's funny because I always think of you when I hear "Sue" but then I look at the item and 9/10 times think "nah, that's not her style"!!!!! Although there have been occasions when your location has been mentioned and I've been pretty certain you're the culprit - more on TJC though! :happy:

You know me so well Meesh. :giggle: You just might have caught me out on TJC :bandit: but I'm not 'white gold Sue'. :wink2:

Hi Meeshoo

I think you are right and the table of web bidders doesn't make sense on the Gems site given that there is no chat. I'll look in to getting that taken off the website for Gems TV.

With regards to the broader question of not having your name mentioned, this is something that we can develop. What would be the best way for this to work. Would you prefer a setting across your whole account, or a flag that you could set each time you logged in? I'd be interested in any feedback that anybody has in to how we can make that work.

Kind regards

John

Hi Meeshoo

I think you are right and the table of web bidders doesn't make sense on the Gems site given that there is no chat. I'll look in to getting that taken off the website for Gems TV.

With regards to the broader question of not having your name mentioned, this is something that we can develop. What would be the best way for this to work. Would you prefer a setting across your whole account, or a flag that you could set each time you logged in? I'd be interested in any feedback that anybody has in to how we can make that work.

Kind regards

John

Hi John,

In our account details on old web there was a question along the lines of "if you don't want your name mentioned tick here". This would place "DNM" by the side of your name for the presenter/producer/director, who would then know not to mention you. I'm not aware that it ever failed. xxxxx

Latest posts

Back