silcone glue

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

willothewisp

Registered Shopper
Is anyone else having a problem with the latest silicone glue? I am finding that it shows through all but the thickest decoupage paper with greasy marks. I sell my cards and this week have had to destroy about £75.00 worth because the these marks. I looks as if the glue has had some wax added as it is very stiff to come out of the tube.

I never really got on with silicone glue. I tended to split the tubes and it smelt like vinegar on chip paper to me.

Pinflair for me too.

Is anyone else having a problem with the latest silicone glue? I am finding that it shows through all but the thickest decoupage paper with greasy marks. I sell my cards and this week have had to destroy about £75.00 worth because the these marks. I looks as if the glue has had some wax added as it is very stiff to come out of the tube.

I use pinflair too because I can't stand the smell of silicone. How annoying for you WOTW - send it back for a refund and tell them how it's ruined £75-worth of your stock.

I had a similar problem at Christmas, luckily only family cards. I used Stix2 which left the dreadful greasy marks, I complained to the company who responded by sending me about 6 tubes (no covering letter or explanation) I wrote back to them as they hadn't answered my questions and I never heard anymore. They should not be allowed to sell this glue for papercraft if it leaves the marks the way it obviously does. I haven't used silicone glue since.

Don't all rush to buy pinflair glue gel, it can cause problems - I've had it turn yellowy green and smell far worse than silicon ever did. I've also had it leave greasy marks on some decoupage. Fortunately I had made up the toppers (from bought sheets) but hadn't put them on cards, which meant I didn't waste too much. I also know that I'm not the only one that this has happened to. I now use foam pads. It may be tricky and not as easy to do but I won't end up wasting all the effort.

Jan

stix2 make clear foam pads for the ultra fussy. Been lucky so far with pinflair, hope it stays that way.

It doesn't matter if it's pinflair or bog-standard silicon, I still get it all over my hands, work surface and the cat!

Latest posts

Back