Victoria Showers??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Give the girl a chance... she's new to all of this jewellery malarkey :sweat:

Then should she be on telly?

You know, I do understand the point you're making BUT there comes a point when TV channels have to be professional. Viewers shouldn't have to give anybody a chance. The programme should be professional from the start - or at the very least, entertaining. Look at the lovely John Scott by way of an example. He was used to being on telly but not selling jewellery. He was quite blatent about knowing nothing at the start BUT was entertaining and fun to watch despite his lack of knowledge.

I do get fed up that the viewer isn't allowed to criticise without excuses being made for presenters.

Sorry - having a pants day and just needed to get that off my chest! :talking:

You know, I do understand the point you're making BUT there comes a point when TV channels have to be professional. Viewers shouldn't have to give anybody a chance. The programme should be professional from the start - or at the very least, entertaining. Look at the lovely John Scott by way of an example. He was used to being on telly but not selling jewellery. He was quite blatent about knowing nothing at the start BUT was entertaining and fun to watch despite his lack of knowledge.

I do get fed up that the viewer isn't allowed to criticise without excuses being made for presenters.

Sorry - having a pants day and just needed to get them off my chest! :talking:

Huh? xxxxxx :thinking::cheeky::hi:

Viewers shouldn't have to give anybody a chance.

Sorry - having a pants day and just needed to get that off my chest! :talking:

Obviously TJC feel she should be on tv.

Absolutely, people should be given a chance. If every viewer felt the way you do, a lot of people would be out of a job within days of starting! She's been in the job less than two weeks. Most people get 3 month's probation.

And, of course you are allowed to criticise! If it makes you feel better... go ahead :nod:

Me? I'll wait before I pass judgement... for now, the jury's out.

Obviously TJC feel she should be on tv.

Absolutely, people should be given a chance. If every viewer felt the way you do, a lot of people would be out of a job within days of starting! She's been in the job less than two weeks. Most people get 3 month's probation.

And, of course you are allowed to criticise! If it makes you feel better... go ahead :nod:

Me? I'll wait before I pass judgement... for now, the jury's out.

Then you have far more tolerance than I do. I don't see why I should listen or watch an amateur. In fact, I don't. I turn over. If TJC want me to buy their goods then give me a professional service. I'm not a guinea pig for them to try out presenters on.

If you actually read my post you'll see that I wasn't criticising the presenter I was criticising bad presenting in general. Presenters are the sales tool for the company - if they're bad then they won't sell. Fact. Good presenters sell.

Presenters don't get a 3 month probationary. Most of them are freelance.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back