Dibbing

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

pob

Registered Shopper
Not sure where to put this and am sorry if its been mentioned b4

This is being advertised on Bid tv and sister channels. Its an absolute rip off. It costs you a pound to look at the chosen item. Possibly if your looking at something expensive it might be worth your while but if its a lower price and youve looked at the latest price it cost you a £1 per view. I was checking a WII game which is normally under under £20 but ive checked the price about 5 times at a cost of £5.So even if it goes down to £10 It will cost £10 plus £5 to view Plus p &p ( Which will prob be £7.99) but its not stated anywhere And i cant get any reply to my query.

I have found it cheaper and free p&p at HMV and Amazon

I would have thought with it been associated with the shopping channels it would be a reasonable site.

Id like to know if anyone has anything positive to say about this site:angry:

Hiya. Most of what you said is correct.

But Dibbing.com ISNT run by sit-up channels. If you look at their real advert, it doesnt have paul evers (price-drop presenter) on it.

Paul Evers is only on the advert on bid/price-drop/speed auction tv.

^^^^^ I think they show the advert on there, as it is the same think as bid/price-drop tv because the price goes down til its gone!

The P&P is free, but as the post above points out, it is £1 per look, and the prices arent that low anyway.

They had their 10 best sales on their page the other say, and one was an x box down from £200 to £160, which I still dont think is great to be honest!

And there is Ipads on there which only sell £100 below the RRP, which is great of you want it, but if it is just trying to get something for nothing.....you are wasting your time.

i saw an xbox for £100 at asda last week so you can get better deals had a look cos of the ad and wasn't impressed why should you pay to check an item sounds dodgy

Hiya. Most of what you said is correct.

But Dibbing.com ISNT run by sit-up channels. If you look at their real advert, it doesnt have paul evers (price-drop presenter) on it.

Paul Evers is only on the advert on bid/price-drop/speed auction tv.

^^^^^ I think they show the advert on there, as it is the same think as bid/price-drop tv because the price goes down til its gone!

The P&P is free, but as the post above points out, it is £1 per look, and the prices arent that low anyway.

They had their 10 best sales on their page the other say, and one was an x box down from £200 to £160, which I still dont think is great to be honest!

And there is Ipads on there which only sell £100 below the RRP, which is great of you want it, but if it is just trying to get something for nothing.....you are wasting your time.

BH- if you look down the bottom of the page, it actually is run by Sit-up.

"© sit-up limited 2010. All rights reserved." ;-)

BH- if you look down the bottom of the page, it actually is run by Sit-up.

"© sit-up limited 2010. All rights reserved." ;-)

My mistake, sorry about that.

Isnt something Id of thought they would do.

You can get 3 free 'dibs' for registering, and I was curious how much it went down by each time, so I looked on a camera, and it was at £457.75 the forst time I looked, then £457.50 then £547,25.

^^^ Im not sure if they all only go down 25p at a time, but if it costs £1 to look, and the price goes down 25p at a time, they would make loads if it caught on, but I dont think it will, as you still have to pay alot, as many only go down between 10-20%

Last edited:
This is indeed looks like a rip-off, very much like the other similar buy credit/click sites.

I'm sure a lot of people who are unaware of the concept will get drawn in and lose money.

On one hand this is questionable for the Bid channels be associated with something like this, but on the other hand with their own high P&P/phone charges, DIBbing.com is probably being aimed at a similar audience. :wonder:

Ive finally got a half hearted reply on facebook telling me of the postage -£4.99. But they have completly ignored my request for a refund.

Yeah it's the same products on there, day in day out, usually high priced stuff and the prices are not that great when compared to ebay pricing.
I looked at the Apple keyboard - £47 - okay, cheaper than apple.com, but I could have got if from other places @£37 and from major high street retailers for £48 with none of the nasty P&P

tvs

Blimey, I didn't see the £1 per look thing, they don't mention that on the advert do they? Anyway I thought it looked quite good, so I registered, I gave my email address and they said you could activate your membership by clicking on the link on the email they sent. I never actually got the email, think my inbox must have been full, anyway I'm pretty relieved tbh! However, I'm guessing they must ask for your credit or debit card details and some stage, it wasn't asked for in any part of the registration process. Think I'd have probably not proceeded if they were as I'm not keen on giving that kind of info, especially if I haven't actually bought anything yet. Could imagine clicking around the site and ending up owing about £15 for nothing! Lucky escape me thinks!

What an absolute rip off, how dare anyone charge just to look at a price that they could quite easily display. It shouldn't be kept secret!

£1 to look at the price of something hidden, smacks of something approaching a con, to me. I guess you could easily spend a tenner without buying anything. The creators of this site must be making a fortune out of gullible people. Should the Bid organisation have anything to do with site?

What a con! Can't believe that bid tv (or sit tv or whatever their name is) are running the site in the first place - noticed that you can pay anything upto £20 for dibbing but can't see this site lasting long if each click is only taking about 25p off the price :yawn:

What a con! Can't believe that bid tv (or sit tv or whatever their name is) are running the site in the first place - noticed that you can pay anything upto £20 for dibbing but can't see this site lasting long if each click is only taking about 25p off the price :yawn:

It isnt as bad as you think. If there is something on there you like and actually WANT/NEED, its great!

Lets say there is a laptop for £500, every dib costs £1, and they take 25p off the price. So sit-up.tv make 75p per dib.

I got a laptop a few months ago for £450 from a shop, and they sold the one up from mine starting at £500, and it went for about £340 which is really good. You do get 3 free dibs to start with to test it out.

So for every £1 it does down, they get £3 (as they go down 25p in every £1 dib, making a 75p profit after each dib.) So sit-up would have made over £300 from this sell alone - the cost of the item! As they may have got it in for £450, and they sold it for £340, so they would still make about £200.....infact, it is better for them if the price goes lower, in a way!!

Just dont dib for the sake of it, but if you generally want/need it.....dib for it!! :p

Not sure I agree here. Yes, it does cost you a pound to reveal the price but that price can be a quite substantial saving compared to the retail price, in which case you are free to buy right away. And P+P is 4.99 I believe. If you still find a price that you deem not to be competitive at all, well, tell them and see what they say.

This is being advertised on Bid tv and sister channels. Its an absolute rip off. It costs you a pound to look at the chosen item. Possibly if your looking at something expensive it might be worth your while but if its a lower price and youve looked at the latest price it cost you a £1 per view. I was checking a WII game which is normally under under £20 but ive checked the price about 5 times at a cost of £5.So even if it goes down to £10 It will cost £10 plus £5 to view Plus p &p ( Which will prob be £7.99) but its not stated anywhere And i cant get any reply to my query.

I would have thought with it been associated with the shopping channels it would be a reasonable site.

Yes, I do: I Positively won't be dealing with it at all. By the time you've forked out a quid a time you could buy things cheaper on the High St.

Yes, I do: I Positively won't be dealing with it at all. By the time you've forked out a quid a time you could buy things cheaper on the High St.

Dibs cost 50p now, and you get 3 free. Also There was a profesional camer on there which went for £350, and the lowest price i could find online was £525, so unless you spend £175 on dibs, you are wrong!! ;)

If you have been wanting the item before it comes on, it can be a brilliant deal, but dont buy for the sake of it.

Latest posts

Back