Bondi Blue Tanzanite

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sacha

Keep calm - Log on
This new Bondi Blue Tanzanite they've been showing today? I missed any intro to this.......
but some of it looked a little bit green to me! Is that a good thing, anybody know? :smirk:

Oooh just tried their website and its apparently.....'being secretly worked on'! :bandit:

This new Bondi Blue Tanzanite they've been showing today? I missed any intro to this.......
but some of it looked a little bit green to me! Is that a good thing, anybody know? :smirk:

Oooh just tried their website and its apparently.....'being secretly worked on'! :bandit:

:hi: Sacha

Here's a link for you:

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=399904

Looks a little like the Green Zoisite pieces Rocks has been selling. :thinking:

Has anyone got this green/blue tanzy. Would love to know what they think. I know rocks sold them a while back. Can't remember who it was but they sent it back as the colour wasn't anything like on screen!!

I sent a loose bi-coloured Tanzy back to Rocks because I was really disappointed with the colour ... or lack of it. :cheeky:

Sometime back I ordered one of those expensive Chameleon Tanzanites from GemsTV, weren't they supposed to have some green in them? Like Fluff I returned it as it turned out to be rather a wishy washy blue with a large window in the middle. Having said that I do know other folks have had beautiful deep mixed colours.....so luck of the draw I s'pose! :blush:

For anyone who wants to try this stone at an inexpensive cost, I did see TJC selling them set in silver (ring).

Can't help but wonder if all these "new" tanzies, are just rejects given fancy names, but then what do I know? xxxxxx :wonder:

Gullible....moi?

Thought the same thing Argey, but then what do I know? xxxx :blush:

They tell us these colour variants are rare .....so who are we to argue when we are told this on national television
by knowledgable presenters? :giggle:

I think we may need third party confirmation. :nod:

Last edited:
Thought the same thing Argey, but then what do I know? xxxx :blush:

They tell us these colour variants are rare .....so who are we to argue when we are told this on national television
by knowledgable presenters? :giggle:

I think we may need third party confirmation. :nod:

Hmm, where's my boss methinks? xxx

Me thinks you two need to trust your judgement!

Think about it this way ....... when you think of Tanzanite (top grade) you think of vivid, highly saturated blue rich Tanzanite. It's normally heated to get that colour. Some Tanzanites won't achieve that colour when heated so they're less valuable.

The blue/green variety is either (a) unheated or (b) heated but the colour and saturation hasn't achieved top grade status.

Is it rare? Not really - it's being sold on all the shopping channels and elsewhere so how rare can it be? If it were a "rare" stone would you honestly find one set in silver and being sold for not a lot of moolah?

A good bi-coloured Tanzy i.e. highly coloured, vivid, a large carat weight etc., will have a value but I've yet to seen one that's really vivid. You more often see large pieces but as Fluff said, they're wishy washy in colour.

The price of Tanzanite has dropped through the floor recently. The bi-colour ones are interesting but I would never buy them for rarity or because they may increase in value (highly likely they won't)!

Latest posts

Back